Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate United and for RVP to leave for such a rival would be a massive dishonour. At least with City he would be going to the rich league winners (who we/I don't hate so much) and not shoving a massive middle finger up at us.

Well, I respect United loads as a football club, dont respect City at all.

I do like what United have done and how they've remained so competitive despite the money taking over, yeah, I do admire them in that sense.

But for me they're the biggest rivals behind Tottenham and it would just be the ultimate betrayal to see RVP in their shirt. However if he decided City was his choice it wouldn't be so bad, if I was him I'd be going to City or Juve.

Koscielny is one of those players that prove we can compete for the title, if we spend better. Wenger mid-range buys like Koscielny and Sagna are good enough to compete for titles, but we need more of them. There are enough comparable bargains out there (eg. Newcastle's Ba vs our Chamakh, who were both free) for us to try and take advantage of and become comparatively competitive again.

Delighted that Kos has signed a new deal if true. He's a terrific defender, better than TV5 in my book.

Lots of people saying RvP has refused to go on the Asia tour. If that is true then I really want to see the hierarchy force him on to the plane and make him stay at the club until at least January. We've constantly sold our best players but this time I wish we'd take a loss and send out a message that players can't just dishonour their contract whenever they feel like it.

Never going to happen. When it gets to January foreign clubs can offer him pre-contracts and you'll either lose him for nothing or he'll just sit it out.

I agree with the sentiment about sending a message, but when that message is going to cost you over £20m in lost revenue plus his wages, it's not worth it.

I do like what United have done and how they've remained so competitive despite the money taking over, yeah, I do admire them in that sense.

But for me they're the biggest rivals behind Tottenham and it would just be the ultimate betrayal to see RVP in their shirt. However if he decided City was his choice it wouldn't be so bad, if I was him I'd be going to City or Juve.

ArsenalFan7 showing his lack of loyalty here, if someone gave him a sufficient birb he would become a city supporter

Apparently he is off for £7.5mill. Cazorla is being linked to us in the English press, so it seems the interest is genuine.

Also curiously the Mirror reckons Wenger told RVP he wasn't welcome in Asia despite RVP being willing to remain part of the main squad's preparations.

Okay, been away for a couple of weeks so gonna sum up everything I've missed now.

Vela leaving is a shame, have always liked him but with so many strikers now in the squad and a lack of promise shown in the BPL it's the right move for us, handy buy back and sell on clauses though which is good.

RVP saga dragging on obviously á la Nasri/Cesc. Hopefully it'll be done while the Asian tour is going on so we can bring in reinforcements (AW said today that he will look to bring in 1 or 2 more and perhaps others when players leave) so I expect it to be a busy window for us still.

I've seen so many players linked with us over the last couple of weeks and had no chance to look anything up so I'll just list them off and see how many they are:

Ganso, Paulinho, Milo, Dempsey, Niang, Jovetic, Zaha, Jese, Cazorla, Llorente, Lewandowski, M'Vila, Mirallas, Viviano, Isco, Dragovic, Afellay, Holtby, Udjus, Joselu, Sakho and Negredo.

Just ridiculous. I mean if Niang has had a trial then obviously that's looking more likely, but out of the rest of those I could maybe see Sakho, Afellay and perhaps Cazorla joining, and don't think the rest will happen.

Interesting to see younger players being promoted/being involved more in pre-season. With Aneke, Miquel, Eisfeld, Ryo, Afobe and Eastmond all going on the Asia tour (I think maybe last chance saloon for Eastmond tbh) and players like Lansbury, Bartley and Ebecilio training more with the first team, it'll be interesting to see who gets a go. I think Aneke and Afobe will finally get a first team chance this year in the Carling Cup before going out on loan.

With Squillaci likely to leave and Miquel being linked with a loan move, I can see Bartley getting some gametime this season as a fringe player, but perhaps fizzling out much like Senderos did.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Ryo and Lansbury. Ryo has been linked with an Ajax loan, but I think AW will want to give him another go after his loan at Bolton, as for Lansbury, I think he'll step up to a first team fringe role before going to a BPL club on loan and then being sold (even though he's on the first team profile page on the AFC Website).

As for outgoings, Chamakh been linked to various clubs permanently and on loan, Park been linked to a Middle Eastern club and RVP off leaves Podolski, Giroud, NB52 (also a likely departure) and Theo (?) as out and out strikers so I think if those 3/4 players leave another striker or 2 is top priority though I have a feeing Park will get more of a chance this season.

Kos signing a new contract would be amazing news, and I've seen this evening that we've offered Theo a new contract also but I'm not sure if that's true or not as I can't remember where I read it.

Not sure how much it is our medical team tbh. It could equally be overplaying, training methods and buying players with flaws. Or players don't report their problems and keep trying to play.

@Suggy really don't think we will sign Sakho as we have four CBs. It would be Cazorla or Affley I would imagine. M'Vila still plausible since Rennes are in effect trying to sell him and a reduced price would entice Wenger. Ganso interest is genuine it seems however can't imagine it would be followed up.

Also I hope Wilshere takes time to come back as I want him to be fit and no extra injuries. He may not return the same player either. His injury is his and Wenger's fault tbh.

Afellay would've made more sense if RVP was staying, don't really see him leaving Barcelona for us if we don't have RVP, not sure what he's on at Barca but can't see us significantly improving that. Cazorla would probably make the most sense since he'd be on the relative cheap, I think we could get him as long as nobody better/richer than us (i.e - City, United, Chelsea, Madrid, Barca, PSG etc) is interested in him as well.

If it's true that Arsne didn't want rvp on the tour then surely that's a sign that he actualy wants it sorted out as soon as possible after last years problems. Maybe he's learnt when a player wants out there's nothing he can do?

Positive sign for arsenal in my eyes.

To further fuel the rumors of Santi Cazorla to Arsenal, Graham Hunter spoke to talkSPORT yesterday about the possible comings and goings in La Liga and the Premier League. Listen from about 5 minutes in.

"If [Arsenal] push through with the same ambition as they started, this move for Cazorla, then they'll sign him."

Would coincide with the rumors that have spread like wildfire on Twitter and in the papers. The deals quite far down the line, from what many can gather.

By the way, have any of you guys had some problems with accessing the FM Forums, like this one, on Google Chrome?

Le imbécile denies repeating the same mistakes from last year: “Last year we lost not only two players in the transfer market, but players through injury in pre-season. We lost Abou Diaby and Jack Wilshere, and also Rosicky at the start of the season. That was not predictable."

First of all it was totally predictable. Diaby and Rosicy had been massively injury injury prone for years and you would have to be completely incompetent not to foresee Wilshere’s burnout, Wenger’s mismanagement caused it.

This year we have lost Jack Wilshire, and Rosicky to injury and lost Van Persie, yeah its totally different!

The thing that marks dj as a big **** **** for me is this "Le imbécile"

Doubles and an unbeaten season and he can't afford him a little respect.

just a **** fan tbf.

He probably missed those and jumped on the bandwagon after to be fair. There's a total lack of respect in this thread at times. You don't have to be disrespectful to about someone to make your point.

Is anyone stupid enough to believe what Wenger says at press conferences? M'Vila could be unveiled tomorrow going by that. :D

Looks like Afobe will be part of the first team next season as he is wearing 18 on his training stuff as pointed out on twitter. If that becomes his actual number then he will be the 3rd choice striker presumably.

M'vila would be nice but he's still a luxury and not a necessity imo. With Rvp leaving there is 30 goals & 11 assists (league only) that need replacing, therefore the necessity for me is a playmaker and if all of our remaining budget went on that player I would be happy. That means Song can concentrate on being the anchor and not be our Hollywood ball playmaker.

Ganso's been touted, but he's made of glass, can't really think of any others we've been linked with, which is dissapointing!

Is anyone stupid enough to believe what Wenger says at press conferences? M'Vila could be unveiled tomorrow going by that. :D

Looks like Afobe will be part of the first team next season as he is wearing 18 on his training stuff as pointed out on twitter. If that becomes his actual number then he will be the 3rd choice striker presumably.

Spotted a few other new shirt numbers on the latest photoset, but some players aren't wearing polo's with numbers so they may not be involved/not assigned one yet like Aneke and Bartley.

So:

Giroud 12 (apparently he said on his twitter)

Afobe 18

Coquelin 22

Yennaris 33

Miquel 34

If these are correct, it indicates that Squillaci might be off as well...

Spotted a few other new shirt numbers on the latest photoset, but some players aren't wearing polo's with numbers so they may not be involved/not assigned one yet like Aneke and Bartley.

So:

Giroud 12 (apparently he said on his twitter)

Afobe 18

Coquelin 22

Yennaris 33

Miquel 34

If these are correct, it indicates that Squillaci might be off as well...

Low number for Afobe, does that suggest he's part of first team plans at some point now or after another loan!

Archived