Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we can still sign Owen because he's on a free.

Never thought I'd say this as I really don't like the guy, but I think I'd be happy to sign him on a pay to play contract given our predicament. Tragic that it's come to this, but it is what it is.

Think there is any chance of it happening? How would you feel if it did happen?

Edit - Actually I wouldn't be happy about it, but I would accept it for obvious reasons.

Carroll pulls his hamstring. Clearly going to be out for 4 months and get sent back here.

I think it was a good time to sell Bellamy too, especially if his retirement rumours prove to ring true. His head hasn't been right since Gary Speed died, ended up doing virtually nothing for us in the latter part of last season after his good start.

It's so pointless criticising the decisions to let Kuyt and Maxi go when they seemed perfectly reasonable at the time. Just because we haven't managed to buy everyone we wanted doesn't make those decisions bad ones. Bellamy wanted to go because of his family and maybe because his head wasn't fully in the game.

Fwiw I think when Borini and Suarez have had more game time together they'll do quite well for us.

glad i bowed out yesterday when i did, but i at least thought we would get dempsey ffs :(

rodgers said it himself, it would be ridiculous letting carroll go without some kind of replacement for him. really is a let down that and leaves us criminally short up front. FSG have no excuse now, we've got rid of almost everyone we could possibly hope to and the wage bill must be at its lowest for years. but if we continue to get low transfer budgets from them then they can **** off.

dont get me wrong they have done brilliantly so far in a business sense and we must be at our strongest in this sense ever. its just that right now, the squad and team are suffering and im not trolling when i say this, but everton are a better bet to finish higher than us right now and unless rodgers is a miracle worker like ive said before then 8th is probably our position right now.

can you imagine if suarez gets a 3 month injury?? the rest of our attacking players are either not good enough or too young and unknown ability wise to be able to expect anything from. we'll be going into games hoping for a 0-0 at this rate.

tbf im just having a little rant cos i feel deflated after yesterday and its probably more so 'once bitten twice shy' from the owners but they really really have no excuses for not releasing funds in the future.

The levels of overreaction in this thread just keeps attaining new heights.

lets see if its an overreaction come xmas eh? right now we're relying on everyone and everything coming good with no wiggle room at all.

i said yesterday would be an anti-climax and i was right but i still tried to be optimistic and im trying to be optimistic about this season but optimism and reality are 2 different entities you know?! and the reality is this squad doesnt inspire massive amount of confidence now does it?

I don't care if you do or you don't. I do

Well I don't care if you care if I care if I do or you don't. :eek:

Looks like Carrol won't feature for England, everybody. Great news and good to know :thup:

Isn't there an England thread?

lets see if its an overreaction come xmas eh? right now we're relying on everyone and everything coming good with no wiggle room at all.

i said yesterday would be an anti-climax and i was right but i still tried to be optimistic and im optimistic about this season but optimism and reality are 2 different entities you know?! and the reality is this squad doesnt inspire massive amount of confidence now does it?

It inspires a lot more confidence than it did than last season. It's clear we could have done with another forward now Carroll has left, but failing to sign Clint Dempsey is hardly the end of the ****ing world is it? Why don't we just get to Xmas and see where we are rather than doom mongering? If it turns out we've only scored 3 goals in the league by then i'll happily come back to you and give credit for your ability of foresight. But to be honest with the way we're playing at the moment we're going to continue to create chances and the goals will come. Sometimes it's hard but you've just got to keep the faith. :)

yeah, dont really see what the overreaction is. we are desperately desperately short up front and relying on people who have hardly played or not played at all for the club being great. honestly don't know how anyone can look at who we have upfront and think it's acceptable.

We had to sign at least one forward yesterday, and we didn't for the sake of a couple of million quid, after off loading millions in wages. It's left us knee deep in ****, up front. How people can say that people are over reacting to this is baffling. If we have one injury up front, and we will, are we supposed to bring Adam Morgan through? Or Pacheco? They aren't good enough and you can quote me on that in a few months.

I just hope something is lined up in January, but our season could well be damage limitation by then.

When does the loan market open, plenty of players who won't get a game at other clubs I'd imagine, Sturridge the main target probably.

By the way Dempsey is a whole 8 years older than Borini. a £5m difference for a player who has a long while until he reaches his peak nevermind 30's will probably turn-out to be a great deal. He's played 2 league games in a club after having to quickly re-adjust from Italian football :D Chill guys

When does the loan market open, plenty of players who won't get a game at other clubs I'd imagine, Sturridge the main target probably.

By the way Dempsey is a whole 8 years older than Borini. a £5m difference for a player who has a long while until he reaches his peak nevermind 30's will probably turn-out to be a great deal. He's played 2 league games in a club after having to quickly re-adjust from Italian football :D Chill guys

and what about this season?

How many appearances did Sterling have at senior level before this season? Yesil's goalscoring record for Leverkusens second team and for Germany at youth level is fantastic.

Agree, Sterling's been chucked in at 17 and looked class. IF something happens to Suarez/Borini, he could be a vital backup?

It inspires a lot more confidence than it did than last season. It's clear we could have done with another forward now Carroll has left, but failing to sign Clint Dempsey is hardly the end of the ****ing world is it? Why don't we just get to Xmas and see where we are rather than doom mongering? If it turns out we've only scored 3 goals in the league by then i'll happily come back to you and give credit for your ability of foresight. But to be honest with the way we're playing at the moment we're going to continue to create chances and the goals will come. Sometimes it's hard but you've just got to keep the faith. :)

except i was using hindsight to try to extrapolate what the future may hold in the fact we we're atrocious in the 2nd half v west brom and failed to score in the first half when we were on top and massively struggled against hearts over 2 legs but yeah we played exceptionally against man city but guess what? we only drew...

shades of last season indeed!

ok i woke up with a massive hangover and my posts today may have a pessimistic tone but i stand by everything i have said and we're gonna need huge amounts of luck this season if we're to succeed in any way shape or form.

i am amazed at the assumptions being made about interactions between br and the board

if anything fsg seems to be honest in their communication. why do people choose to think their first dishonest act will be at the start of the tenure of the new manager they just appointed? from a business perspective that makes next to no sense.

Archived