Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very much doubt anyone will play £17m for Carroll, your probably looking at closer to £10m-£12m in my opinion.

The price we should have paid for him when we signed him. Worst transfer of all time if he leaves for as little as £12m.

Would rather keep him for at least another year, if he has a decent season, good for us and good for his market value, should he part company with us in 12 months time.

The price we should have paid for him when we signed him. Worst transfer of all time if he leaves for as little as £12m.

Would rather keep him for at least another year, if he has a decent season, good for us and good for his market value, should he part company with us in 12 months time.

I think Rodgers would keep him if he didnt need the money for other players he wanted. thats the position we are in at Liverpool at the moment, We need to keep every thing balanced from what we spend to wages we pay, The chairman will run the club as a profitable business rather than a toy to blow money they havn't got... It's a goood thing, just means we will have to wait longer for success i guess..

Couple pundits, think it was redknapp said it will take us 3 years to qualify for champions league or longer if we dont spend money, thats based on the fact it took City 3 years spending millions.. rubbish if you ask me.. I think Rodgers is already showing he is shrewed in more ways than one..

i'll be surprised if a few other clubs don't come in for adam now. said when we got him he'd be easy to offload if it doesn't work out with us as he's proved what an important player he can be for a club like blackpool who had just come up. he'll deffo be a good signing for a club down the lower end, where they'll sit back more and he won't be expected to be up and down the pitch as much.

he could've easily dug in his heels and been disruptive, but credit to him that he's handled it with no fuss and looks like he'll move on rather than stay on his big contract here.

tomorrow is going to madness with transfers for us and everyone else imo, seems to be a whole lot more activity than there has been for ages.

I heard Carroll, spearing and Adam are not in tonight's squad althoughit could be rubbish. I think if we sell spearing and Adam we will sign Dempsey if we sell Carroll we will bid for Walcott.

I wish Brendan Rodgers was in charge last season with the £100 million transfer kitty as he has shown he has already been more sensible with the money and Joe Allen for £15 million is starting to look a good signing and the players we are linked with a decent along with a sensible fee.

tomorrow is going to madness with transfers for us and everyone else imo, seems to be a whole lot more activity than there has been for ages.

Agree with this, it's going to be a manic day and it looks like we'll be playing a big part. I'm excited and nervous at the same time, recent transfer deadline days have not been brilliant for us but I think we are due a good one.

I love the way I can now watch a Liverpool managers press conference and hear considered answers put across articulately. Its a world away from the cringeworthy approach KD adopted.

Whilst he will always be regarded as a legend for the player he was, I think he harmed you in almost equal measure.

His signings, his tactics, his excuses, his press conferences and the way he embarrased the whole club through the Suarez saga caused damage to your finances, your standing and most importantly the reputation of LFC.

Can everybody shut up about the KD era now, please? We know it was an epic failure. Now let's just move on. Things are looking good, off the pitch, for the first time in a long time. Who knows, maybe we can even start to play well again and add to it.

Well we sent Lucas back onto the pitch with a torn ACL last season, so I doubt he would have made a difference.

Difference is it's a little more difficult to diagnose pitch-side, in the middle of a game, and the guy heading up the sports science department wasn't down on the pitch examining his knee.

Why would he be down on the pitch 15 mins before the beginning of a match then? It doesn't matter whether Brukner was here or not.

Because he'd have gone back into the changeroom, providing the opportunity for more than a cursory glance? I honestly can't tell if you're taking the **** or just being dense on this one. Mid-game is a far different situation to 'during the warm-up'.

I remember when I first heard we had put in a 15m bid. Thought that was more than the top end of what we should be paying. Then news of the number going up and up. Everytime thinking don’t do it!!!! Terrible waste of resources.

That said I would think he probably has an underpin at about 10m. So a 12m fee would seem low to me and I would be tempted to have us keep him. Unless of course that 12m could get us someone BR really wanted.

strong statement

"You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see Andy has been a cover player for us and has been excellent in terms of his attitude and acceptance of where he is at, but as a football club, I don't think we are in a position to have £35m players as third-choice strikers, or wingers who are on £5m-£6m a year. This is the challenge I have."

im not that excited about tomorrow. i can see us struggle all day to even sign dempsey which will probably get done around 10.30pm if at all and newcastle will take the **** all day over carroll knowing we need the funds to bid for walcott and it may even be a case of accepting the amount arsenal want for walcott from newcastle for carroll which i cant see being more than £15m

im tempted to not even tune in but i'll probably get dragged into it at some point.

im not that excited about tomorrow. i can see us struggle all day to even sign dempsey which will probably get done around 10.30pm if at all and newcastle will take the **** all day over carroll knowing we need the funds to bid for walcott and it may even be a case of accepting the amount arsenal want for walcott from newcastle for carroll which i cant see being more than £15m

im tempted to not even tune in but i'll probably get dragged into it at some point.

The anti-jinx is strong with this one.

If spearing goes is it a loan deal or will he be sold?

If Spearing is sold £3 million

Adam £5 million

Aurellio released

Kuyt undisclosed guessing around £1.5 million

Maxi undisclosed

Aquilani undisclosed guessing around £3.5 million

Bellamy undisclosed

Total around £15 million

Ins

Fabio Boroni £10 million

Joe Allen £15 million

Oussama Assaidi £2.5 million

Nuri Sahin £1.6 million loan

Total 29 million

I know we have to pay signing on fee and agents fee but not even £15 million net spend does seem a small budget for a club trying to get into top 4. I thought we would have at least £25 million transfer kitty every season as that was the interest we was paying on our debt so bit disappointed we didn't have a £25 million transfer budget.

"I will be going with a strong team against Hearts," he said. "I took the opportunity last week to recuperate a few players - some of whom had a long summer playing in other competitions.

"Some of those who weren't involved in the first leg will be part of the squad for this game.

"I think it's easier when you have two home games in a row. With the travel last week and the recovery process I had to make changes."

Strong squad.

I don't. I just don't see how he's a fit for us in any way. Where would he play? He's not a quick tricky winger like Rodgers likes. He's not a striker. Our central midfield is now pretty great. Also he's 29 and we've not signed a single outfield player over about 25 since FSG took over.

Edit: Bellamy actually, but he was on a free.

Archived