Sports Interactive Community
bell

Liverpool Thread 2012/13

And yes, I will mock you for claiming to be the know it all of segunda.
he kind of is the know it all on this forum when it comes to spanish football :p

I would question dan's knowledge of other leagues (particularly when comparing them), and players in those leagues, but not his knowledge of the segunda

Yeah but if he watches him, he knows the player a bit better than you SSN.

well thats half the point isnt it? he didnt even say what he thought of him. he just took umbrage at anyone saying that signing a reserve team player for 8M euros might not work out well.

i mean, thats half the problem with this place. SSN said nothing more than the above, someone jumped on him for no reason other than they thought they knew better cos they watched a lot of spanish football, all the while giving no opinion themselves. then the perpetual motion machine starts gathering traction and before long someones shouting "SSN is a troll lol PURPLE MONKEY DISHWASHER" even though the first post on the matter was perfectly reasonable.

the facts are this though. we are allegedly signing a player who played in the second league of a county for 8M euros. that may or may not work out. holding the opinion that it might not be wise is not a crime.

well thats half the point isnt it? he didnt even say what he thought of him. he just took umbrage at anyone saying that signing a reserve team player for 8M euros might not work out well.

i mean, thats half the problem with this place. SSN said nothing more than the above, someone jumped on him for no reason other than they thought they knew better cos they watched a lot of spanish football, all the while giving no opinion themselves. then the perpetual motion machine starts gathering traction and before long someones shouting "SSN is a troll lol PURPLE MONKEY DISHWASHER" even though the first post on the matter was perfectly reasonable.

the facts are this though. we are allegedly signing a player who played in the second league of a county for 8M euros. that may or may not work out. holding the opinion that it might not be wise is not a crime.

Yeah, but the point was that I'd not even said anything on him and was automatically told I'm wrong.

For what it's worth, I don't rate Luis Alberto all that highly. He's had a good season but he's been in a team that brings the best out of him. I think he thinks a bit too slowly sometimes (don't really know how to word that better). Barca B are a very quick team in terms of moving the ball from back to front, so a lot of the time he doesn't have to think too much what to do (a lot of his assists last year were balls into the path of someone running behind, like Deulofeu). Very capable passer but I don't think he's particularly well rounded.

For Liverpool, I think his strengths are too similar to Coutinho's for him to ever be a top success there. I don't think the fee necessarily is wrong though, clubs are paying more for Zaha and Ince for example, who have proved just as much (or little, depending on how you look at it).

Facebook mate of mine (a Hull City fan) says that he's heard from a 'source' that Liverpool's first game is at Hull City...no idea if it's credible, but he's not the type to post stuff like this usually...we'll see tomorrow if he was right.

well, thats not true. ssn merely said he was a reserve player for sevilla (which is correct - they wouldnt have loaned him out if he was to be a consistent first team member, especially to a team in a lesser division), and you called him a buffoon. you then brought up ssn's segunda knowledge after he merely pointed out again that he played in the segunda and was unlikely to be a world beater. at that point i joined the game and said that segunda knowledge was not needed to voice an opinion that it was a high fee and may not work out, to which you gave a puzzling reply.

thats a brief timeline of events. noone called you "wrong" at all, youll notice. even more amusing is that you even agree that the signing may not be the best for liverpool. talk about arguing for arguings sake :D

anyway, what came of pearce? is that not happening any more?

Facebook mate of mine (a Hull City fan) says that he's heard from a 'source' that Liverpool's first game is at Hull City...no idea if it's credible, but he's not the type to post stuff like this usually...we'll see tomorrow if he was right.

yeah it got leaked, been mentioned twice already in here

That last post by Dan just made anything else he posted about regarding Alberto completely bizarre. It's just brilliant, in a way.

edit: Thank you for insipidus for actually understanding what went on. You summed up the events pretty well, and this forum in general.

thats the problem with football forums in general though. people get hung up arguing semantics everytime it seems. its almost impossible to have a proper discussion anymore.

for instance i was gonna post earlier that i'd heard mkhitaryan only had a 66% pass succession rate this past season which is worse than our entire squad but i'd of been flamed within 2 posts for saying it, guaranteed.

Screw the lot of you. :D

I try to inject some rational thought in here from time to time, but it has no effect :(

BTW nobody is saying we signing superstars, but we "believe" there is some quality in the players we are bringing in and they should improve our squad and give us depth too. Nobody is probably expecting to finish in the top 4 either, but, and I can only speak for myself, believe that if we get who we are linked with we should be expecting and will hopefully achieve further improvement this coming season.

It doesn't have to be win or bust, and to expect a load of stellar signings rather than modest improvements is just pie in the sky.

thats the problem with football forums in general though. people get hung up arguing semantics everytime it seems. its almost impossible to have a proper discussion anymore.

for instance i was gonna post earlier that i'd heard mkhitaryan only had a 66% pass succession rate this past season which is worse than our entire squad but i'd of been flamed within 2 posts for saying it, guaranteed.

not from my quarters anyway. its a valid point to bring up to, given he'll likely be one of only three midfielders. i think its worth considering how he lost possession that many times though - if its sideways passes thats a massive issue. if its cos hes trying to play risky balls or quick one twos to get chances in behind then its perfectly acceptable.

It's hard to analyse the stat in isolation. It might be the result of the tactics employed at SD, it could be that his fellow players are feckless, and they could be mainly in the final 3rd.

Who knows. Chances are his passing stats will go up anyway in a system where passing is king.

and before long someones shouting "SSN is a troll lol PURPLE MONKEY DISHWASHER" even though the first post on the matter was perfectly reasonable.

To be fair though, he does often troll, even by his own admittance.

Screw the lot of you. :D

I try to inject some rational thought in here from time to time, but it has no effect :(

BTW nobody is saying we signing superstars, but we "believe" there is some quality in the players we are bringing in and they should improve our squad and give us depth too. Nobody is probably expecting to finish in the top 4 either, but, and I can only speak for myself, believe that if we get who we are linked with we should be expecting and will hopefully achieve further improvement this coming season.

It doesn't have to be win or bust, and to expect a load of stellar signings rather than modest improvements is just pie in the sky.

regardless of what people say we all hope for it. I have hope for all players we sign and never judge before they have played for us.

Looking forward to seeing the full fixture list tomorrow, and also the new thread that will be going with it!

Did a bit of a google on the cut and paste man (Mkhitaryan), apparently he speaks five languages including english and also has a degree from his home university and is completing a second degree in economics at the moment. So obviously very intelligent and ambitious. Must say I have seen absolutely nothing of him as a player though, but I with a name like his I doubt I will be getting it on the back of my home jersey.

not from my quarters anyway. its a valid point to bring up to, given he'll likely be one of only three midfielders. i think its worth considering how he lost possession that many times though - if its sideways passes thats a massive issue. if its cos hes trying to play risky balls or quick one twos to get chances in behind then its perfectly acceptable.
It's hard to analyse the stat in isolation. It might be the result of the tactics employed at SD, it could be that his fellow players are feckless, and they could be mainly in the final 3rd.

Who knows. Chances are his passing stats will go up anyway in a system where passing is king.

sure, i dont know what kind of passes they were tbh but it still is a slight concern for me. even 'hollywood' gerrard has a vastly superior succession rate. i agree theyre sure to go up aswell. we'll just have to wait and see if it is just trying killer balls all the time or an allenesque ability to find an opposition player with no pressure on him.

i do like his technique and ability to spot a forward run and he certainly has the composure to score a goal. he kinda reminds me of lampard tbh.

Anyway, I've been really hot on Morata for years now. The thing I really like about him is that he's a proper number nine who only plays to score goals. Like, I think it's a mindset which is gradually fading away over time because more strikers want to drop deep to get involved etc (look at the difference in his movements and Rodrigo's in these Euro U21s, for example). Whereas with Morata every movement is to get into a goalscoring position or into space behind a defender. I've seen a few people compare him to Morientes, which I think is a bit of a disservice just because he's a great finisher and quite tall. He's pretty rapid and has a way of shrugging defenders off which reminds of Ibrahimovic sometimes, where he uses his body really well by standing in front of a defender and then kind of muscles him off and turns.

sounds a bit like a more mobile huntelaar

as for the last couple pages of mostly mongocity, I'd like to remind the better users that you have an ignore button for a reason.

What did SSN say there? Ignore list you see.

Liverpool Thread 2013/14

We've never done anything but the basics have we?

I'll be at work so won't be able to make it. Sad times :(

I will let you CP. I will delete any thread that is created until yours is posted :brock:.

Let's have somebody who'll update the OP this year :mad:

Players In

None yet

Players out

Fabio Aurelio (released)

Dirk Kuyt to Fenerbahce (800k)

We've never done anything but the basics have we?

yes, we had some turrible thread titles in the mid 2000s where people were trying to be witty and failed spectacularly. it was because of that shitness that most of the older users decided to keep it simple, stupid

yes, we had some turrible thread titles in the mid 2000s where people were trying to be witty and failed spectacularly. it was because of that shitness that most of the older users decided to keep it simple, stupid

Harsh :(

SRL88 Posing for us

frightening.jpg?w=460

You need a life.

SRL88 is a liar to us all and his sexuality.

Says the person who probably spend 30 minutes browsing google looking for a bloke in a Liverpool kit with his legs open :thup:.

Tbf, full kit ******* is a pretty popular thing and I've seen that man on more than one occasion about the place.

Just a trick to expose you of your lies. I was never on ignore; you love me. Look at that, everyone. SRL88 is a liar to us all and his sexuality.

Im pretty new to following this thread but has it always been this ridiculous? This is just sad and probrably why Liverpool fans are often considered a laughing stock by our rivals.

No offence but take a chill pill mate.

Mods can do that. Not sure whether SRL can handle such tasks though, mind you ;)

Tbf, full kit ******* is a pretty popular thing and I've seen that man on more than one occasion about the place.

I bet SSN started the 'craze' :(.

Mods can do that. Not sure whether SRL can handle such tasks though, mind you ;)

Meh. Football Forum. Your zone ;).

Does anyone bother checking OP anyway? I always just go to the last post.

Some people seem to do it. Probably decent to keep it updated with some things in case someone looks at it in a few years, I suppose?

If there was something in the OP to go back and look at (the tracker/results comparison thing for example) I'd check it, as it is I don't.

Top 10 active posters from Liverpool Thread 2012/13:

SRL88 - Posts 1,475

Emersonlfc - Posts 1,188

The Rafalution - Posts 1,042

CaptainPlanet - Posts 991

Select_screen_name: - Posts 916

dking - Posts 814

foofighter23 - Posts 772

DeafParrot - Posts 517

bell - Posts 502

martplfc1 - Posts 486

Divinity - Posts 452