Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40m would be insane but Liverpool really need to spend wisely and that doesn't mean another Joe Allen or Downing or Borini, someone please advise these people as this could be really key in how next season pans out

You're replacing a top, top player so no faffing, no Diouf type mistakes and this could be the best bit of business you've done in bloody ages!

We could do what tottenham do and just go for leandro damiao so he doesn't go there :D

Is he really nailed on to be as good as people make him out to be?

I'd sell Suarez for 40mill in a heartbeat. He is the first player in FM i sell.

While he a great footballer, he lets himself and the team down with his other antics which also lowers his value so 40mill is a great offer and i dont see it going any higher than 45mill at most.

And we can get other good players for that price, maybe not as good but there probably wont be that unpredictable danger of a red card or bans.

"we"? also, name these players.

No matter what you think of him, a world class player is leaving the club. That's not easy to replace, and certainly not easy to replace without spending a large chunk of the 40mil on one player. We need to be very very shrewd with this. No rushing things. People know we have this money now, so they will try to rip us off.

I dont know who the replacement should be. No champions league is tough, no Europa League is disastrous to try and attract players. I think we have to be willing to over pay on wages a bit to try and entice quality into the club. We've lost a superstar, and so has the Premier League. Other fans might not like him, but our league is declining.

Dare I say it, but Coutinho is already on the way to replacing him.

Coutinho behind Sturridge looked a good combo at the end of the season, let's fix other positions with the Suarez money (assuming he gets sold). I'd start with a couple of defenders and at least one wide attacking player.

what the **** is this bollocks??

are you roy hodgson in disguise? im glad your in no way connected to liverpool as thats quitter talk :D and a ridiculous thing to type.

If he'd have worded it better I think his point is fine, if he meant it more in the way of a player of Suarez's ability isn't going to want to stick at a club that currently isn't anywhere near challenging for top honours then like I say I think that's a fine point. Better clubs than us have lost players who want to be winning trophies.

the fact he's seen as too big for us is the way it came across to me and the fact that attitude would see us accepting mediocrity.

sturridge will be too good for us soon and coutinho is definitely wasted here too. :thup:

he is way too big for us? you can hide in the bushes all you like but we're rubbish at the minute, nowhere near the level of even bothering to negotiate with these players to stay if they want to move on.

wouldnt say we're rubbish at all. inconsistent yes, rubbish? no.

we've played some excellent football this past season if you hadnt noticed. sure better players are needed but every club thinks that. losing 30 goals a season player isnt the way to progress though for me, thats why i dont get people writing him off. sure if he wants to go, let him. otherwise he aint going nowhere if i were in charge.

wouldnt say we're rubbish at all. inconsistent yes, rubbish? no.

we've played some excellent football this past season if you hadnt noticed. sure better players are needed but every club thinks that. losing 30 goals a season player isnt the way to progress though for me, thats why i dont get people writing him off. sure if he wants to go, let him. otherwise he aint going nowhere if i were in charge.

we just finished 7th mate :D and 5 out of the 6 teams above us have both european football AND the ability to offer higher wages. thats not even considering abroad. suarez, nor indeed any other top player, give a single toss about whether someone thinks we're rubbish or inconsistent or whatever other word you want to label the club with. they dont care whether we played some excellent football. theyll look at the hard facts that we're not the richest nor do we win, or compete for trophies, and theyll be off as soon as a big club comes in for them. the saving grace we have at the minute is that we're still held in high regard in the uk so its less likely people will jump ship for city or utd or chelsea unless its beneficial to the club.

the facts are that we're so far away from the top teams that this is likely to happen as soon as any player shows top ability. if coutinho plays as he did this season next season, he'll be off next summer.

wish we could transfer fans just as easily tbh. **** off then you miserable ****.

still one of the top 20 richest clubs in the world and just been through a torrid time of bad ownership and bad management we're just getting over.

we have no divine rights or nothing but we have the resources to get back to where we want to be if we get the right players and more importantly manager. is rodgers that guy? dunno.

:D Coutinho looks promising, but your post typifies the mental exaggeration that this thread is notorious for. Every new signing is either utterly dire or world class, and Liverpool are either nailed on for the title or relegation :D

wish we could transfer fans just as easily tbh. **** off then you miserable ****.

still one of the top 20 richest clubs in the world and just been through a torrid time of bad ownership and bad management we're just getting over.

we have no divine rights or nothing but we have the resources to get back to where we want to be if we get the right players and more importantly manager. is rodgers that guy? dunno.

yeah youre right. we're up there with madrid, barcelona, chelsea, bayern and the manchester clubs. humble apologies.

The suarez thread on RAWK has been locked several times due to peoples attitudes, they think he is being disrespectful to the club and they now couldn't care less if he stays or goes as long as we get a good fee if he does go.

why would anyone care what rawk has to say?

:D Coutinho looks promising, but your post typifies the mental exaggeration that this thread is notorious for. Every new signing is either utterly dire or world class, and Liverpool are either nailed on for the title or relegation :D

Someone took the bait then SSN :)

I think the owners will give BR £20 million to spend then if we sell Carroll £10 million, Shelvey £5 million, spearing £2 million, Skrtel £7 million, assaidi £2 million, Coates £4 million that's £50 million and those players hardly featured for us last season and if Suarez is sold that's a total of £100 million.

Liverpool can buy 4 good players making the first 11 better and dropping the players they replace to the bench making it a stronger bench.

The first of about 300 Tony posts with random names to sell and prices plucked out of thin air. The season is truly over.

who is our resident academy/reserves expert? rather than blather on about possible transfers and fees, I think it would actually be interesting to talk about which kids might be ready to take the next big step and in how long.

If he'd have worded it better I think his point is fine, if he meant it more in the way of a player of Suarez's ability isn't going to want to stick at a club that currently isn't anywhere near challenging for top honours then like I say I think that's a fine point. Better clubs than us have lost players who want to be winning trophies.

That was exactly my point.

Personally think he should give us one more year before moving on. I honestly think we could get back into the champions league with a few additions.

Real believe there is a £40m buy-out clause in the controversial 26-year-old's contract, but will only go to £25m as a straight-cash fee.

Instead, they are prepared to offer a player-plus-cash deal of £20m plus their 26 yr old forward Jose Callejon.

Real are likely to make their move on Monday, aware that Suarez wants to join them.

The Suarez camp insist there is also interest from English clubs - Manchester City tried to sign him in the past - but he only wants to move to Spain, partly out of respect for Liverpool.

Would rather see him at City and get £35m-£40m. Bit of a no brainer that one.

Archived