Sports Interactive Community
bell

Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Voronin and Diouf were miles better than Borini. Dundee and Meijer are his level.

Voronin and Diouf were miles better than Borini. Dundee and Meijer are his level.

If there was a facepalm smiley, it would be :Nad:.

Nads being mental.

He is making you look sane :eek:.

21 appearances, 2 goals, 0 assists. Not to mention the clear advantage of eyesight which is enough in itself to demonstrate what an utterly useless pile of crap he is.

But stick to your blind faith. Every year it's the same. Whether we sign Diomede, Ferri, Pennant, Downing, Carroll, Allen, Borini or whichever waste of space is the flavour of the moment, you lot are the same: "Ooh but he might be good. Who cares if he's expensive or has zero pedigree. He's gonna be good for us!"

21 appearances, 2 goals, 0 assists. Not to mention the clear advantage of eyesight which is enough in itself to demonstrate what an utterly useless pile of crap he is.

But stick to your blind faith. Every year it's the same. Whether we sign Diomede, Ferri, Pennant, Downing, Carroll, Allen, Borini or whichever waste of space is the flavour of the moment, you lot are the same: "Ooh but he might be good. Who cares if he's expensive or has zero pedigree. He's gonna be good for us!"

The lads been thrown on as a wide forward when he usually plays down the middle. He's a young lad trying to adapt to a new role. Not to mention he snapped his arm and was out for a while. He probably hasn't been the best, but he has shown promise.

Fabio Borini is 22 years old. Apart from his time on loan at Swansea and a season at Roma, he hasn't been in the first team anywhere. That is less than two seasons of football in a first team. He has spent a lot of time injures this season, and except for the time he has played through the middle in Europe, he has been playing out on the wing, but yeah, you continue thinking what you do.

:D When I'm not trolling I always make sense ;)

It isn't possible for that :p.

Here you go, some news on Luis:

The Uruguay striker has been dogged by controversy since his arrival at Anfield in 2011, having served a ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra and being in the middle of another for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic.

Suarez has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, and he admitted he would be open to that, even though they are looking for a new manager with Jose Mourinho set to leave.

He revealed in an interview with Uruguayan radio station Sport 890 that the attention he receives in England is getting to him and may force him to look elsewhere for a new challenge.

"I love Liverpool, but if there is a chance of playing somewhere else...I suffered too much as a kid to get where I am to be attacked unfairly by the English press. They haven't appreciated me as a player, they've just judged my attitude."

Luis Suarez

"I'm happy at Liverpool, I'm happy because of the fans. I made a mistake, I'm human, but they've talked about me in ways they shouldn't have," Suarez said.

"My family have suffered and things got out of hand. My daughter and my wife have suffered. I'm not prepared to continue to put up with the English press.

"I love Liverpool, but if there is a chance of playing somewhere else...I suffered too much as a kid to get where I am to be attacked unfairly by the English press. They haven't appreciated me as a player, they've just judged my attitude.

"I've talked to my agent, there's nothing concrete. To say no to Madrid would always be difficult and more so with the team they have.

"I have a contract with Liverpool, but it would be very difficult to say no to Real Madrid. There are a lot of rumours in the transfer period, but you never know until firm offers are made.

"I've talked to the coach (Brendan Rodgers), and he knows what I want. He was a player. Some of the players understand my situation - enough said."

The striker has established himself as one of Europe's leading players since moving to Anfield in 2011, but his indiscipline has meant the club have had to cope without him for long periods.

He will miss the first six games of next season following his 10-match ban for biting Ivanovic, having been banned for eight matches for abusing Evra.

I like it how he blames it on the press. :D

He fecking bit somebody.

Bye Luis :(

Wish I told my girlfriend my favourite player was Coutinho now rather than Suarez and Gerrard. I will still wear the new home shirt though even though it has Suarez on the back and looks like he is leaving. Liverpool have performed well without Suarez so lets hope we can spend the money wisely if he does go.

Liverpool have performed well without Suarez so lets hope we can spend the money wisely if he does go.

£40m+. Will come in handy.

Clearly we are gonna swap him for Cavani

I won't be believing he is actually going until confirmed he is gone. blissful ignorance for me.

This.

(p.s, If he goes, it is entirely your fault Tony)

This.

(p.s, If he goes, it is entirely your fault Tony)

Yes, if he's going tony shall be burnt at the stake.

The spanish guy who works on sky says we are signing another player tomorrow GuillemBalague: that LFC signing confirms the policy of the club: clever,potentially good signings. Potentially being the key word. But exciting nonetheless thats what he tweeted and to be fair he also said about Suarez earlier in the evening.

@GuillemBalague 12s

I will let you know about another Liverpool signing tomorrow if I get it confirmed. And I am as excited about that one as I am of Aspas. I never heard of Aspas he any good?

FFS tony!!!

fwiw its madness to want rid of a world class player and think all will be well. what did moyes do with the rooney money? i'd rather he stayed aslong as he cut the **** out.

Didn't Balague also say Reina is deffo off to Barca and it's all sealed?

He's hit and miss is Guillem.

More of a miss.

Personally I hate Balague, just think he's an awful journalist.

If he's looking to go and we are willing to sell then I'd like him gone in the next few weeks.

Certainly don't want this dragging on all summer.

Personally I hate Balague, just think he's an awful journalist.

yep, Cadena SER broke the Aspas news and a few minutes later Ballague is all over it, trying to pass it off as exclusive from him and doesnt even credit Cadena with the news, thats all he does, far better journos out there for Spanish news.

Here you go, some news on Luis:

Will be gone around transfer deadline day meaning we get to pay his wages whilst he is banned, knowing full well that we wont have time to buy a " replacement " when the move finally goes through.

Our club is run like Fawlty Towers at times fair play.

"I made a mistake"

which one Luis? being Racist? biting someone? diving all the time? making stupid fouls?

being too awesome

Will be gone around transfer deadline day meaning we get to pay his wages whilst he is banned, knowing full well that we wont have time to buy a " replacement " when the move finally goes through.

Our club is run like Fawlty Towers at times fair play.

Not sure on that to be honest. I can see him starting pre-season, but we look like we're getting our business done early.

Suarez is one of the best players in the world I would rather keep him but if he goes its not the end of the world though I would be gutted. Liverpool have a good win ratio without him, he will always get himself into trouble and banned a few games, sulks during games and selfish. Hopefully we will improve the team with the money we get it we won't be getting anyone world class with no champios league.

Suarez has got him in-built excuse of being hounded by the press but that excuse has been handed to him by the press and the club in a way. Not the first I have heard of 'we will drive him away' from the press and I am sure Rogers as well, perhaps (?) so of course he's gonna go with that

The troubles he brings along with him is probably the reason I wouldn't complain if he was sold.

Any good Suarez-esque players that come to mind for us to buy with Suarez sale?

Not having CL footy sure makes it hard to lure exciting talent though.

I personally think Gamiero would be a shrewd buy.

Selling Suarez can make us stronger as its better to have 3 very good players from the sale than 1 world class but S I keep saying I rather keep him if we can.

well that depends on the team. with the squad we have i'd rather have the one world class player who wins you games you otherwise wouldn't, you bring in 3 very good players instead that just means you've got to drop 2 others.

was what some cretin posted at the bottom of another banal LFC website article on our new signing. Some people.
It's gone really bad the official stuff, the comments on articles and updates just make things worse.

well that depends on the team. with the squad we have i'd rather have the one world class player who wins you games you otherwise wouldn't, you bring in 3 very good players instead that just means you've got to drop 2 others.

But the world class player in questioun has missed close to 20 games through suspension in 2 seasons and we average more points without him.

poor Suarez blaming the nasty journalists ;)

If he stopped being a dirty racist, who lashes out, bites, cheates and dives then maybe he wouldn't be so hated by everyone.

That is what we say about you too Foster :(.

For Real, yeah. For us, not so much.

I'd sell Suarez for 40mill in a heartbeat. He is the first player in FM i sell.

While he a great footballer, he lets himself and the team down with his other antics which also lowers his value so 40mill is a great offer and i dont see it going any higher than 45mill at most.

And we can get other good players for that price, maybe not as good but there probably wont be that unpredictable danger of a red card or bans.

Christ, £40M, Liverpool should be falling over themselves to take that.