Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reina was always gonna do the rounds again, apparently very close in jan and if true prob laid down the foundations for a summer move.

his 'attempt' to do anything for evertons goal at the weekend was cringworthy tbh. totally summed up how our defence tries to defend set pieces. they all do it, with him and johnson ****, all of them pretty much! doing the same and just hoping someone else clears it.

wouldnt be bothered if we got 5 new players for def and gk this summer and shipped out coates and skrtel in the process at least.

No thanks, West Brom an utterly dull side whose record in the second half of the season has been very average.

Reina has had a fine second half to the season imo, shouldn't remotely be looking to replace him or move him on.

Hard to see Barca come knocking for a 31/32yo keeper though. Think most of the links are based on sentimental reasons more than anything else. They'd need to pay a fair price for someone they'd like only get 3-4 years from.

Reina has been far better since Carragher was reinstated into the team. There seems to be issues within the back 5 which is causing uncertainty and it does need freshening up but id give Reina another chance , with a proper commanding CB infront of him and fullbacks which make half of the amount of errors that Jose/Glen have.

And 10m? **** off.

Apparently the agent of Douglas has said we have made an offer but the player is holding out for Inter.

Seen it on twitter so could (is most likely) horse bollocks

Depends who on Twitter said it i suppose.

id give Reina another chance , with a proper commanding CB infront of him and fullbacks which make half of the amount of errors that Jose/Glen have.

And 10m? **** off.

Similar situation with Lloris at Lyon, he had gone stale, form dropped heavily, that's why Spurs paid between £8m-£12m.

I know Lyon were more pro-active in trying to get Lloris out of the club

Lloris in his best form at Lyon was rated £20m+, much like Reina.

Always rated Lloris at Lyon, was gutted we didn't move for him in the summer.

Reina's days look numbered.

Who to bring in? That's the question.

For all the mocking our potential signing of Williams, does anyone actually know if he's good or not? Genuine question. Like has anyone seen him minimum 7-10 times? Must be someone. Because, y'know, Swansea are only two places below us and he is one of their best players.

For all the mocking our potential signing of Williams, does anyone actually know if he's good or not? Genuine question. Like has anyone seen him minimum 7-10 times? Must be someone. Because, y'know, Swansea are only two places below us and he is one of their best players.

ive watched him a few times, like i said awhile back, he's not bad. better than skrtel? dunno. more determined yes, other raw attributes? not so sure.

there has to be better options out there for us imo.

i wouldn't mind him tbh. have seen swansea whenever they've been on tv and against us ofc and he's not stood out as much as last season when he was excellent, still been solid. he's exactly the type of cb we need, strong, good in the air, leader, organiser, good on the ball. i don't think he's the cream of the crop or anything but lets be honest, who's available and willing to come? any top level player will have better options if they are available.

think the main problem is that its another 'safe' transfer for rodgers to go with, another ex swansea guy who knows the system. allen and borini haven't set the world alight and the backlash of him going in for another swansea player and it not having an impact will be bad. if the price is over 10m it's an obvious no for me btw, even though i like him, just too overpriced.

I think he is very comfortable on the ball and pretty solid as a defender too and strong in the air (which is where we are struggling at the back). Think of him as a Jamie Carragher who does just hoof the ball, but can play it around.

My Manchester United supporting friend rates him as the best ball-playing centre half in the Premier League, which is high praise indeed. I think if we do sign him, he might surprise a few people with how good he actually is. We shouldn't be paying a fortune for him though, as he will be 29 at the start of next season.

Ideally we would all like to sign someone like Subotic or someone equally as a great, but this unrealistic.

Fergie retiring helps us in a way. Media spotlight will be enormously upon Manchester and Chelsea this summer, we can get about our business quietly. Will hopefully be a bit refreshing.
Here's hoping. No doubt the club will do something idiotic between now and then to give us some more **** in the media.

Doesnt make great reading, but then very little that comes out of that football club now a days does. So much for looking after your local fans.
It's nothing to do with the current ownership. The process of buying up houses a leaving them derelict goes back to the Moores era. It's been pretty bad around that area for a long time and the redevelopment of the stadium can only improve it now though.
That doesn't make it any more right though.

Regardless, the area is derelict. Not sure what people are hoping to gain by withholding sale as a protest at it's condition. They're effectively saying "I'm going to live in this ****** area to show you how ****** it is".

It's nothing to do with the current ownership. The process of buying up houses a leaving them derelict goes back to the Moores era. It's been pretty bad around that area for a long time and the redevelopment of the stadium can only improve it now though.

Yes but the area is so run down because of the club buying up houses and letting them go to ****. Its pretty shocking in terms of the way they have gone about it, but they are not alone in using those horrible tactics to get what they want. Im sure all the people with houses in that area will be delighted that they will get an undervalued price for their house in the name of letting Liverpool football club make another few million pounds each year.

**** on the little man eh.

It's mot really entirely the fault of the club though is it. The lack of investment from the council and similar tactics by the social housing association (clearly with a view to selling to the club) has made it worse.

There are plenty of places blighted in this way in Liverpool, and those have nothing to do with LFC.

It's clearly not a simple as "Liverpool have bought these house and run them down). There are far more complicated things going in L4 than just that.

Tennts digging their heels in is only going to prolong the problem though. Let the club redevlop and let the council and club start to regenerate the area. I'm sure the club themselves don't want to situated in an inner-city ghetto any more than than somebody wants to live in it.

Yes but the area is so run down because of the club buying up houses and letting them go to ****. Its pretty shocking in terms of the way they have gone about it, but they are not alone in using those horrible tactics to get what they want. Im sure all the people with houses in that area will be delighted that they will get an undervalued price for their house in the name of letting Liverpool football club make another few million pounds each year.

**** on the little man eh.

No, it's run down because of economical issues surrounding Liverpool during the 70's and 80's. It's always been abject of any hope of sustaining life other than smackheads.

Such ******** from SSN again. Anfield is no different than any other Liverpool suburb.

Really can't wait for next year now. Great basis of a team, three or four quality signings in the summer, moyes at utd, god knows who at Everton, gonna be great!

Such ******** from SSN again. Anfield is no different than any other Liverpool suburb.

Really can't wait for next year now. Great basis of a team, three or four quality signings in the summer, moyes at utd, god knows who at Everton, gonna be great!

It is different, hence the article. Not all of Liverpool is run down. So shush.

I don't come from Liverpool or anything, but from an outside perspective it seems the tenants have been a victim of LFC dithering so much over the last 20 years of the stadium development or new build argument. Successive LFC regimes have failed to resolve it, and so tenants have been left in limbo over whether to sell up or stay in their homes. Liverpool council will have to take some blame in this but I can't see how LFC could have failed to influence them in the compulsory purchase process. LFC is a major attraction for the city of Liverpool, they must have had some sway at some level.

Reiterating this is an outsider's pov, so feel free to call me a ****.

I don't come from Liverpool or anything, but from an outside perspective it seems the tenants have been a victim of LFC dithering so much over the last 20 years of the stadium development or new build argument. Successive LFC regimes have failed to resolve it, and so tenants have been left in limbo over whether to sell up or stay in their homes. Liverpool council will have to take some blame in this but I can't see how LFC could have failed to influence them in the compulsory purchase process. LFC is a major attraction for the city of Liverpool, they must have had some sway at some level.

Reiterating this is an outsider's pov, so feel free to call me a ****.

Good post.

The way i see it it's not all the club's fault, but a lot of what is happening around there is dictated by LFC so they have to take a lot of the blame when things like this happen, and this isn't new it's been going on for ages.

And i wouldn't think for one minute that any redevelopment around there is for anyone else's benefit other than the club's. If they wanted to generally regenerate the area they would have done it by now. There might be positive knock on effects once the club have completed this work.

And you'd be right.

Who will play at centre back on Sunday? Would like to see Carra and Wisdom.

Me too. With the season effectively over for us and our remaining 2 opponents, it's a good chance to test out some youth and fringe players.

Archived