Sports Interactive Community
bell

Liverpool Thread 2012/13

looking at the fa cup draw, 6th won't get us into europe

dont really care tbh.

we'd have to win every game to even have a sniff at 4th but after being mid table all season i'll take 5th or 6th all day long.

think getting in to europe next year would be a massive benefit, 5th got to be the goal now

a uefa cup run is quite important if the intermediate goal is getting back into the cl

Gonna defend Sturridge a bit. Held the ball up well and sprayed some lovely passes around. Where he struggled was when his options were limitied and he had to try and make something happen, none of which came off for him. But he just rarely had options when he got in decent positions.

Lucas was good in the tackle, his passing was shocking though. Great win overall, kind knew if we got an equalizer the momentum would swing back our way and we might go on to win it. Was convinced Spurs would pull it back to 3-3 though.

I think confidence in our defence is gonna be shaken given we conceded 2 more goals from crosses into the box resulting in unchallenged headers. The first was a great cross and Vertonghen had the run on the back post, but the second was a bit ***** on our part. Jones really looked out of his depth today too, really thought he'd grown in stature from his previous run in the team.

great game.

thought downing was the motm. really good defensively and a real threat whenever he got the ball and ran at them, scored too (thought he blew it at one point though :D). sturridge looked off the boil which giving he's had a few games out is understandable. suarez and coutinho both were v good, suarez is the complete opposite from last season with his finishing, so ****ing lethal. his interview beforehand was encouraging too, seemed really happy with the way the clubs heading and content to stay. fingers crossed.

defending for both goals was shocking, we were outnumbered for both goals and were weak as ****. new cb easily the number one priority next season, get good money for skrtel and put it all back into a replacement.

so happy to comeback and get the 3pts. even if it doesn't amount to anything this season the general atmosphere and attitude of winning big games like that can only be a positive.

What are Liverpool's fans views of Carragher starting ahead of Skrtel? Personally I think Skrtel is the better defender but has not been on top form this season. However saying that I think BR should start Skrtel over it because Carra has put in some good performances, yes but often like Skrtel has been caught out and is very slow. What I noticed is that when you have set pieces, Carra does not even go up so that is nullifying your attacking threat. When Skrtel plays you have that attacking threat from set pieces. Skrtel is only going to grow discontented with being a sub and Carra is retiring at the end of the season so tbh I reckon Skrtel should be starting 100% regardless of Carra status at the club. IIRC last season people were raving on about how good Agger and Skrtel's partnership was...

jones did nothing wrong imo.

obvious we're missing a sami though in defence. johnson and aggers worst failings is dealing with crosses.

Carra does go up for corners, never gets anywhere near though.

Carragher is in the team on merit at the moment, Skrtel really wasn't playing well and we've looked better organisationally since he was dropped. That may change however if Carra's form dips. Skrtel won't be happy on the bench but that's just tough, we've got to play our best team.

skrtel's getting sold at the end of the season. think both him and the club want that. his last interview couldn't make it more obvious.

amazing last season but been so unreliable this one. doesn't suit our style now either tbh, far too reckless and eager to charge in and isn't great on the ball. v good player and i'm gutted it's not working out but it's just not a good fit atm.

Downing my motm too. Top work rate, and took the fight to BAE. Actually starting to like him.

If we could just find that Sami Hyypia again... So many times it feels like the ball drops in dangerous areas and no-one wants to take charge of it. Everyone kind of leaves it to someone else. Sami just used to put his name on it, and stride out with it. Agger just isn't gonna be that guy.

Jones did nothing wrong BUT he's still not good enough with his feet is he? Like his best distribution game is an average one for Pepe. Kills us at the back a bit 'cos he has to go long nearly every time.

carra as an attacking threat at set pieces :D

but that first goal was really exquisite

Jones did nothing wrong BUT he's still not good enough with his feet is he? Like his best distribution game is an average one for Pepe. Kills us at the back a bit 'cos he has to go long nearly every time.

and it seems most of the time he never catches the ball cleanly

i have absolutely no confidence in him

Apart from one game, Carra has looked better than Skrtel and the team has looked and played better in general.

Downing is the new biscan - fair play to stewie really knuckled down when would of been easy to give up.

Jones is horrible, shouldn't be at the club next year. Can't even catch a ball, punches everything or else spills it. Shocking.

Just nice to beat a team who are inform, higher in the league than us and have one of best players in the league on top form. Great to come back from 2-1 down as well.

Personally thought Lucas was great in a tackle but way too many misplaced passes, trying to do to much with it. Luis just so cool

its a shame lucas got his injury when he was looking so frickin good. hes still miles off that atm and, ok, im gonna say it, ive never been completely sold on him. i know im probably ******* in the wind in here but its true, its why ive been banging the drum for a new DM for so long. hes a good player, but he's never gonna scale the heights that masch and xabi did because he's just never gonna have the ability them 2 do.

if we one day want to win the league again, i'd be surprised if that team contained lucas tbh.

He's a number 2 ffs, most other clubs have keepers who are just as poor when they come in at short notice.

Rofl @ Lucas criticism.

Coutinho was brilliant especially for the build up to the first goal he was sensational in that move, atmosphere not as good as I hoped it would be for a big game.

Rofl @ Lucas criticism.

he's had what, 1-2 really good months in 5 years?! sure he's improved a lot but his passing has always been a bit terrible. how much more time does he need?

His passing has largely been outstanding, with averages around 85-90%. He has one game where his passing isn't amazing and suddenly you're wanting rid? I honestly can't remember a more wrong post.

he's had what, 1-2 really good months in 5 years?! sure he's improved a lot but his passing has always been a bit terrible. how much more time does he need?

Are you serious?

Really surprised at how quickly he has returned to some kind of form considering the type of injury he had. Allen been playing with a shoulder injury which may require surgery, did I hear that correct today? Not sure what he has done recently to deserve his place ahead of Henderson who was performing great for a period there.

allens rodgers golden boy dontcha know :D

seriously though, hendo is still a little more 'fragile' than allen mentally. i fully expected allen to be first sub today in a high pressure game.

was a lame troll, sry :o

but div bit, so was well worth it :D

"I said something completely idiotic and got pulled up on it, quick, better claim troll!!!"

18135a4bdc4af03837fdb3aad5e418ac.png

A quick and dirty editing out of the naughty words so you don't get defensive like and report me :o

From SkySports site:

John says

March 10, 2013 9:43pm

can someone tell me how lucas gets a game..he's a liabilty.he cause's more problems with his fouling,in dangerous postions.and giving the ball away,we got rid of ngog, and babel i think its time lucas went to.and take jonhson with him,,if jonhson is an international player ,no wonder england are a poor side

RESULTS COMPARISON CHART 2012/13

Reading = Bolton
Southampton = Blackburn
West Ham = Wolves

Points		
				Last season	This season 	Diff  Now  Last
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18/08/2012 West Brom v Liverpool        W 0-2           L 3-0 		-3	
26/08/2012 Liverpool v Man City         D 1-1           D 2-2 		-3	
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02/09/2012 Liverpool v Arsenal          L 1-2           L 0-2           -3
15/09/2012 Sunderland v Liverpool       L 1-0           D 1-1           -2
23/09/2012 Liverpool v Man Utd          D 1-1           L 1-2           -3
29/09/2012 Norwich v Liverpool          W 0-3           W 2-5           -3
06/10/2012 Liverpool v Stoke            D 0-0           D 0-0           -3   
20/10/2012 Liverpool v Reading          W 3-1           W 1-0           -3
27/10/2012 Everton v Liverpool          W 0-2           D 2-2           -5
04/11/2012 Liverpool v Newcastle        W 3-1           D 1-1           -7
11/11/2012 Chelsea v Liverpool          W 1-2           D 1-1           -9
17/11/2012 Liverpool v Wigan            L 1-2           W 3-0           -6
24/11/2012 Swansea v Liverpool          L 0-1           D 0-0           -5
28/11/2012 Tottenham v Liverpool        L 4-0           L 2-1           -5
01/12/2012 Liverpool v Southampton      D 1-1           W 1-0           -3
08/12/2012 West Ham v Liverpool        	W 0-3           W 2-3           -3
15/12/2012 Liverpool v Aston Villa     	D 1-1           L 1-3           -4
22/12/2012 Liverpool v Fulham           L 0-1           W 4-0           -1
26/12/2012 Stoke v Liverpool            L 1-0           L 3-1           -1
29/12/2012 QPR v Liverpool             	L 3-2           W 0-3           +2
01/01/2013 Liverpool v Sunderland       D 1-1           W 3-0           +4
12/01/2013 Man Utd v Liverpool          L 2-1           L 2-1           +4
19/01/2013 Liverpool v Norwich          D 1-1           W 5-0           +6 
30/01/2013 Arsenal v Liverpool          W 0-2           D 2-2           +4 
02/02/2013 Man City v Liverpool         L 3-0           D 2-2           +5
09/02/2013 Liverpool v West Brom        L 0-1           L 0-2           +5    
23/02/2013 Liverpool v Swansea         	D 0-0           W 5-0           +7
02/03/2013 Wigan v Liverpool           	D 0-0           W 0-4           +9   42   42 
09/03/2013 Liverpool v Tottenham        D 0-0           W 3-2           +11  45   42
16/03/2013 Southampton v Liverpool      W 2-3                                     42
30/03/2013 Aston Villa v Liverpool      W 0-2                                     42
06/04/2013 Liverpool v West Ham        	W 2-1                                     43
13/04/2013 Reading v Liverpool          L 3-1                                     46
20/04/2013 Liverpool v Chelsea          W 4-1                                     46
27/04/2013 Newcastle v Liverpool        L 1-2                                     49
04/05/2013 Liverpool v Everton          W 3-0                                     49
12/05/2013 Fulham v Liverpool           L 1-0                                     52
19/05/2013 Liverpool v QPR              W 1-0                                     52

3 fixtures we should be winning , 3 which could go either way then 2 fairly easy games depending on how much the last game means for QPR. Have a feeling they could go down before so maybe a little dejected where we could be pushing for a spot in Europe.

Also, we could be 1 point off our final points total for last year with 2 more wins this month. What would be a realistic points total? 60?

i make 63 before the qpr game (hopefully) tho 58+ looks at least doable.

soton looks a massive banana skin though. they got beat at home last week against a team with a bit of fight. if we cant match that we'll prob lose 2-0.

Hoping for around 64 yeah. Not sure if that will be quite enough for top 4 though, but it could be very close.

Villa game concerns me more than Southampton. They went from crap to world beaters when they played us last and now with relegation a very distinct possibility they could do it again.

Good game for the neutrals yesterday. Glad we picked up a win :).

If we keep scoring for fun, I can only see us dropping points v Everton and Chelsea possibly, which would be a tremendous achievement.

What do you reckon the benchmark will be for 4th? 70 points?

Plus, Suarez now only 8 off 30 EPL goals. The man is unbelievable.

Plus, Suarez now only 8 off 30 EPL goals. The man is unbelievable.

Fowler holds our record with 28 does he not?

he does indeed.

current goals per game gets him to 29 i think if he continues. record is 31 for the PL (38 games)