Sports Interactive Community
bell

Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Really, I am a Chelsea fan btw, so no bias views. When I watch him I think he is outstanding and physically one of the best LB around and his general play is excellent. I reckon right now he is better than Cole.
tumblr_luknndtrik1qkq0wr.gif

Oh ****. I missed that quote.

Watch him closely, have you noticed how many times he tries to play that ball over the top to Suarez? At least 5 times a game. IT CAME OFF ONCE JOSE AND SUAREZ HAD TO PULL AN ABSOLUTE ****ING WORLDY OUT OF THE BAG TO FINISH IT OFF. STOP DOING IT, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN.

More nonsense from Daftprat.

daftprat :D seriously how old are you? Really immature.

DeafParrot is respected around here and rightly so tbh, I may not always agree with his viewpoints but he is certainly not a daftprat !

I really don't rate Cole anymore. Watch them both this season and I guarantee you 100% Enrique been better.
He really isn't. Enrique's good but he's nowhere near to being world class or being better than Cole.

He really isn't. Enrique's good but he's nowhere near to being world class or being better than Cole.

Cole was world class, that is the reality to me. He is not the force he use to be and it is only his rep that is not really scrutinizing his weak performances.

Enrique is *****, he's like the left back equivalent of Emile Heskey. Bit of a brute physically in going shoulder to shoulder and good pace, but absolutely zero footballing brain and championship standard technique.

I like Enrique, but he is just simply not suited to play football in the manner Liverpool are currently trying to play

Enrique is *****, he's like the left back equivalent of Emile Heskey. Bit of a brute physically in going shoulder to shoulder and good pace, but absolutely zero footballing brain and championship standard technique.

This says it better than I was going to. Enrique's control is near non-existent, he's horribly one-footed, and I'm baffled how anyone can think he's better than Dossena, let alone Aurelio. He's all physicality and nothing else.

Yeah and the most ridiculous own goal in the history of the world. :D

I think people vastly overating Aurelio.
I liked Aurelio, if only he'd have stayed fit he might have been really good for us. Instead he was just a steady player who occasionally showed us his set piece ability.

I'd prefer enrique playing on the left wing, as he's shown one thing he will do is get in the box, and we need players like that. In defence he's good at shepherding the ball out and i'm not sure what else.

Not sure what Enrique has to do to convince some of you. I mean yes he sometimes makes mistakes trying to play his way out of trouble, but that's obviously something Rodgers wants them to do and actually, he's pretty good at it. He's strong and fast and his decision-making going forward is improving. Plus, you know, that awesome goal vs Swansea. Best left-back we've had in ages.

Baffled by you guys not rating Enrique.

Can't have 11 world class players in a team. He is a very consistent strong defender. May not be the most magical left back, but is good at what he does and you need some players like that in a team. One of his strong parts of his game is his crossing, but Rodgers style doesn't allow for Enrique to cross so has had to change his game style and i think he has done pretty well under Rodgers as a result.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what people are expecting from a left back, or know what they are talking about. Last time Enrique made a massive mistake was back near the start of the season in Europe. There's only Evra and Baines who have definitely been better than Enrique; performance wise and end product wise.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what people are expecting from a left back, or know what they are talking about.
I can confirm i've no idea what i'm talking about. He's decent enough, but i wouldn't be too upset if we started looking at other options in that position during the summer. We should really be keeping Enrique and signing another left back.

Yeah and the most ridiculous own goal in the history of the world. :D

Ill forgive him after his clearance in the champions league final from Shev on the line.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what people are expecting from a left back.

Well a couple of us have already gone over what we expect from the left back we want. In this team, under the style of play the manager wants we need a more intelligent, composed, technically better left back who can pass well out from the back. Hence people's love for Aurelio.

the best lb we've had in the last 20 yrs is glen johnson. its weird because he's probably better there than he is at rb because i seriously cant remember him making any mistakes when played there. he's what enrique shoud be like when he plays. its just everytime enrique gets the ball we're all left wondering whats gonna happen next. he must be a nightmare for agger at times to play alongside and that has to add to panic in the rest of the defence.

Look I'm not saying Enrique is a particularly bad player, but nor is he particularly good. He's certainly not one of the best in Europe, he's not even the best one at Liverpool ffs. What I'm saying is that we've got a better option for LB at the moment in Glen Johnson, with Wisdom/Kelly doing the business at right back that has to be the way to go.

Kelly and Wisdom are not as good as Enrique, let's nip that idea in the bud right now. We need someone to offer competition to Enrique at LB, then have Johnson at RB with Wisdom and Kelly covering both there and 4th choice cb positions

Well a couple of us have already gone over what we expect from the left back we want. In this team, under the style of play the manager wants we need a more intelligent, composed, technically better left back who can pass well out from the back. Hence people's love for Aurelio.

Regardless of all that, Enrique is still throwing out solid performances, getting assists and scoring goals. (More than almost all left backs in the league) It's just madness to even think about replacing him.

Regardless of all that, Enrique is still throwing out solid performances, getting assists and scoring goals. (More than almost all left backs in the league) It's just madness to even think about replacing him.
You're overstating his contribution in the goals and assists column.

He's got 1 goal and 3 assists. Enrique has 1 and 2 assists whilst playing at LB (he's got 1 goal and 1 assist when he was playing as a left winger/midfielder)

Enrique has 2 and 5 according to the official premier league website. http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.statistics.html/sanchez-jose-enrique

I agree about one goal and an assist thinking back. Either way, he's still in very good company and only the very best have proven to be as good as him this season. Even just performance wise.

Skrtel looks as though he could be going in the summer after his recent interview. I'm not even that bothered, to be honest. Someone has to go from the weak link in our team...

That could be 2-3 new CB's in the summer.

Amusing how people overlook someone's complete lack of technical ability for a stats column. Even the team goal people were lauding against Swansea only occurred because Enrique smashed a ball at Suarez that was hit so hard it was uncontrollable.

Skrtel looks as though he could be going in the summer after his recent interview. I'm not even that bothered, to be honest. Someone has to go from the weak link in our team...

That could be 2-3 new CB's in the summer.

If we're really pushing to challenge the top 4 next year I wouldn't be that sorry to see him go. Even at Zenit he's always looked a level below CL class.

Look I'm not saying Enrique is a particularly bad player, but nor is he particularly good. He's certainly not one of the best in Europe, he's not even the best one at Liverpool ffs. What I'm saying is that we've got a better option for LB at the moment in Glen Johnson, with Wisdom/Kelly doing the business at right back that has to be the way to go.

It's good to have options

if we are looking to strengthen the team, fullback would be at the back end of where i would want money to be spent. i really don't think enrique would be a hinderance to us moving forward.

Just read about Ochoa being linked with us.

Personally, I think it is about time for a fresh face as number one with Reina's form over the last couple of seasons.

Rodgers was at the PSV vs Feynoord game at the weekend, so rumours about de Vrij are back. Not watched him afaik but everything about him sounds positive

Came in to post that too.

Can't see him being here after the summer.

Love how he says he isn't one to be running into the managers office to find out why he's not playing but Is happy to run his mouth off to the papers. :D