Sports Interactive Community
bell

Liverpool Thread 2012/13

I agree with jep, if we are to get a new keeper I would want it to be Mignolet

I hope that is a joke.

There are other things he has said in the interview that aren't being widely reported. Context is very important, having read a few sources of the interview, i don't think he can be criticised, he may have even been misquoted on a few things. Such as only having played poorly in 3 games since the start of the year.

Surely he must have meant " start of the season ". The year is barely a month old and he has played poorly in 3 games already??

Edit: Rafa-L has posted some quotes as i was typing :)

If he thinks he's only had 3 bad games all season then he's delusional. 8 goals conceded so far have been down to mistakes by Reina so definetly more than 3 bad games.

There has been 3 huge howlers I can remember.

Not sure he has had 8 bad games, unless we are adding all the ridiculous claims that every other goal was his fault (which was happening at one point).

Julio Cesar may well get a transfer on the back of this season at QPR tbh

Bergovic is going somewhere too, hence Butland to Stoke.

You don't you can get or you don't want?

4 of the 6 suggestions wouldn't be bad for us at all imo. Vorm, Cesar, Mignolet and Begovic are all great keepers. Krul I'm still a little unsure on, Ruddy is meh.

If we do change keepers half our squad will have to learn to back pass properly, or at least it will have to stop being our default get out ball at the back.

Krul would be more or less your best player were he to join. Which he won't, because there'd be no reason for him to.

The only people I could see us going for in England are Vorm and Begovic, but the latter seems to be on his way to United. We will go abroad I think.

Krul would be more or less your best player were he to join. Which he won't, because there'd be no reason for him to.

He wants european football? He doesn't speak French?

Best player - LOL

He wants european football? He doesn't speak French?

Then he won't join us next season!

Those stats could be interpreted in two ways. Reina has declined over the past 5 years or Liverpools team in particularly their defence has got worse in the past 5 years.

I have one question, when are you going to win Premier League? Seriously?

Can you name me one "big club" who haven't won their domestic league for over 20 years? None ;)

Ruddy

Vorm

Begovic

Krul

Mingolet

Julio Cesar.

I laughed at every suggestion.

Begovic has been the best keeper this season. Ruddy has also been excellent.

All of them are equal to Rena, i dont see whats funny about the suggestions. Vorm and Kruhl have been two of the best EPL keepers over the past couple of years.

Can you name me one "big club" who haven't won their domestic league for over 20 years? None ;)

A sign of a big club is getting abuse from fans of obscure, small clubs who aren't well known enough to even get their own thread.

Who says we need to sign a new keeper, got a budding one at the club already!

BCXelStCMAA93rc.jpg

Just put Jose Enrique in goal, least he got a bit of experience at SJP, can't be any worse than the clown you had in goal for the FA Cup :D

Jose-Enrique-goalkeeper.jpg

Both were decent players before they moved to you lot too stevie_G :(

To be fair, Enrique was crap until you were relegated :D.

he's back \o/

You were funny the first time; this is just rubbish.

None won the league for 20 years and we are still considered a big club. :thup:

Then again we have won trophies every other season.

Yes, liverpool. can i help you with anything else?

ahahahahahaha times infinity.

Begovic is probably one of the top three keepers in the league at the minute. Its either him, or we look abroad imo.

Those stats could be interpreted in two ways. Reina has declined over the past 5 years or Liverpools team in particularly their defence has got worse in the past 5 years.

Or both...

Can't say i haven't seen this coming but it still dissapoints me, we will be losing a club legend.

23 Carra Gold during his entire career. Jamie Carragher we love you!

I'd imagine he'd want a year or so off before he decides what to do with his life. Hopefully we'll see him on MoTD or something to rival G.Neville's analysis.

One of the few club legends left anywhere, in the UK anyway. Gerrard, Lampard, Terry and maybe Cashley are the only ones I can think of in the Prem. Really glad he's having a bit of a renaissance at the moment too. At least he'll go out on a high and silence his critics who say he's past it.

carra yep, pretty much a legend. i thought we'd have to scrape him off the floor to get him out in the end but now i hope he goes out on a high. wp carra wp!