Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

RESULTS COMPARISON CHART 2012/13

Reading = Bolton
Southampton = Blackburn
West Ham = Wolves

Last season	This season 	Pts	
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18/08/2012 West Brom v Liverpool        W 0-2           L 3-0 		-3	
26/08/2012 Liverpool v Man City         D 1-1           D 2-2 		-3	
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02/09/2012 Liverpool v Arsenal          L 1-2           L 0-2           -3
15/09/2012 Sunderland v Liverpool       L 1-0           D 1-1           -2
23/09/2012 Liverpool v Man Utd          D 1-1           L 1-2           -3
29/09/2012 Norwich v Liverpool          W 0-3           W 2-5           -3
06/10/2012 Liverpool v Stoke            D 0-0           D 0-0           -3   
20/10/2012 Liverpool v Reading          W 3-1           W 1-0           -3
27/10/2012 Everton v Liverpool          W 0-2           D 2-2           -5
04/11/2012 Liverpool v Newcastle        W 3-1           D 1-1           -7
11/11/2012 Chelsea v Liverpool          W 1-2           D 1-1           -9
17/11/2012 Liverpool v Wigan            L 1-2           W 3-0           -6
24/11/2012 Swansea v Liverpool          L 0-1           D 0-0           -5
28/11/2012 Tottenham v Liverpool        L 4-0           L 2-1           -5
01/12/2012 Liverpool v Southampton      D 1-1           W 1-0           -3
08/12/2012 West Ham v Liverpool        	W 0-3           W 2-3           -3
15/12/2012 Liverpool v Aston Villa     	D 1-1           L 1-3           -4
22/12/2012 Liverpool v Fulham           L 0-1           W 4-0           -1
26/12/2012 Stoke v Liverpool            L 1-0           L 3-1           -1
29/12/2012 QPR v Liverpool             	L 3-2           W 0-3           +2
01/01/2013 Liverpool v Sunderland       D 1-1           W 3-0           +4
12/01/2013 Man Utd v Liverpool          L 2-1           L 2-1           +4
19/01/2013 Liverpool v Norwich          D 1-1           W 5-0           +6 
30/01/2013 Arsenal v Liverpool          W 0-2           D 2-2           +4 
02/02/2013 Man City v Liverpool         L 3-0           D 2-2           +5
09/02/2013 Liverpool v West Brom        L 0-1             
23/02/2013 Liverpool v Swansea         	D 0-0             
02/03/2013 Wigan v Liverpool           	D 0-0             
09/03/2013 Liverpool v Tottenham        D 0-0             
16/03/2013 Southampton v Liverpool      W 2-3             
30/03/2013 Aston Villa v Liverpool      W 0-2             
06/04/2013 Liverpool v West Ham        	W 2-1             
13/04/2013 Reading v Liverpool          L 3-1             
20/04/2013 Liverpool v Chelsea          W 4-1             
27/04/2013 Newcastle v Liverpool        L 1-2             
04/05/2013 Liverpool v Everton          W 3-0             
12/05/2013 Fulham v Liverpool           L 1-0             
19/05/2013 Liverpool v QPR              W 1-0             

Nice to see we escaped that month relatively unharmed.

The teams around us didn't do better, either. Since January, our nightmare month, they've picked up:

Spurs - 9 from 15

Everton - 9 from 15

Liverpool - 8 from 15

Chelsea - 8 from 18

Arsenal - 8 from 18

Swansea - 6 from 15

West Brom - 1 from 15 (oops)

Our next games, we picked up 3 points, from Swansea, West Brom, Wigan and Spurs last season. A massive chance to improve further.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Johnson was outstanding yet again. He's been an absolute beast recently, was awesome against Arsenal too.

Two worldies from Gerrard and Sturridge, then another from Aguero, even despite the defensive cluster****.

Next 4 games are crucial. We really need 12 points from them. I'd accept 10 if we beat Spurs.

Point out in your post's were I'm meant to spot you joking about?

Not uncommon for you to spout ***** considering your stance on Jones' ffs.

Anybody who supports this club would know I was obviously not being serious because everybody knows what happened that day, or do you need a safety wink whenever somebody isn't to be taken seriously?

And stop clutching at straws with your Jones comments. It's such a weak attempt at back tracking after you've acted like a complete idiot.

Give it a break, you two.

4th isn't really a viable target for this season for me, but I'd love to beat one of the teams ahead of us before the end of the season! :D Signs are definitely encouraging, so I'd like us to integrate Coutinho into the team, and get some early defensive transfers lined up.

In theory, we need to win 10 of the last 13 to have a chance of fourth. So yeah... beat the s***...

But if there is a chance at least Pool have the fixtures to do it, already got rid of utd,city and arsenal and away games are at teams who are 13th,15th-19th.

Yes in some ways they are/can be the tougher but on paper its the easiest set of fixtures there could be from 13 games.

Next 5 games

Liverpool	Spurs		Arsenal		Everton

[i]West Brom[/i]	[i]Newcastle[/i]	Sunderland	Man Utd
[i]Swansea[/i]		West Ham	[i]Villa[/i]		Norwich
Wigan		[i]Arsenal[/i]		Spurs		[i]Reading[/i]
[i]Spurs[/i]		Liverpool	[i]Everton[/i]		Arsenal
Southampton	[i]Fulham[/i]		Swansea		[i]Man City[/i]

the easiest set there, Everton certain to drop some points, hopefully might nick a point at Arsenal. A Spurs/Arsenal draw would help us massively too

Can't believe we're stupid enough to move Suarez out of being a striker. That's just the most ridiculous tactical move EVER.

his replacement has 3 goals in 4 league games and Suarez is still looking great. Do you really think we looked better before with Suarez stuck up top on his own and some headless chickens running around behind him?

his replacement has 3 goals in 4 league games and Suarez is still looking great. Do you really think we looked better before with Suarez stuck up top on his own and some headless chickens running around behind him?

lol your giving headless chickens a bad name

Can't believe we're stupid enough to move Suarez out of being a striker. That's just the most ridiculous tactical move EVER.

Yeah, terrible. That Sturridge will never score goals ffs.

Despite, this worst tactical move ever, Suarez had 3 excellent chances today and missed the target 3 times.

Forget 4th, if it happens great but the most important thing is that we show progress which I believe we are and the players are maturing as it's a young squad the future looks good. I think we have scored 14 goals than last season already, we play a better style of football and since when have we had more possession than City

Great game this. Honestly dont think Liverpool are that many players away from seriously competing again.

Individual errors letting them down badly right now. Overall play is improving

problem is after the first 11 and rely to much on suarez. Cover for left back, a winger, another striker and centre back.

Window closed, let's get back to football. Any chance of us getting something from City on Sunday? I know they usually spank us there in the league but with Kompany injured they look vulnerable at the back. I'll go for another 2-2.

A bit gutted to be right about this, we outplayed the champions on their own turf and should have won. Really encouraging stuff though, great team performance today and Sturridge is looking like an excellent piece of business.

getting rid of Skrtel just means having to sign 2 defenders rather than 1. New CB, new LB, new GK (Begovic seems the most likely unless utd go for him), and then can look what else needs doing.

I think we should offload Coates as well, bring in another young CB, and a more experienced one. LB we need a young(ish) one as cover for Enrique but not a first teamer, goalkeeper main priority for the summer

Henderson seems to have found his form, great work rate throughout as well

This, most improved player this year? He always had decent potential, Downing is obviously a lost cause.

Lots of positives but more dropped points, 1 win and 1 loss are better than 2 draws.. We’d be right up there challenging for 4th this year just with some more ruthlessness.

Downing’s never convinced me on the right side. I know it’s the in thing to put players on their ‘wrong’ foot so they can cut inside, but Downing’s always looked more to me like a traditional winger who gets down the wing and puts crosses in.

Nakamura used to be like that for Celtic. He was a fantastic player for us, but on the break he always slowed it right down when all we wanted was him to take the ball and play a quick pass.

(And no, I didn't just mention Nakamura because you're Asian ;))

Archived