Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't say I'm surprised.

Me neither, cant expect to let arsenal have the ball for long periods like that and not create. What happened to the BR philosophy of keeping the ball and resting with it, killing games off and running down the clock, yet to see that this season.

Disappointed to have let a two goal lead slip, but before the game I would have taken a point. Mixed feelings, but at least we didn't lose :).

Two points lost for me, if you are two nil up into the second half of a game you shouldn't just collapse. I have yet to see evidence of this resting with the ball nonsense that BR likes to talk about, we simply backed off and allowed Arsenal to come at us which is just silly.

Really frustrated at that. Would have taken a point but can't help but feel that's 2 points dropped and another get chance of catching teams around us.

Such a pity considering it would have made Sunday an awful lot easier, now some kind of result this weekend is a must in my eyes.

Having Diame or any other player in there wouldn't have made much difference. BR wanted them to sit of and try to nick the ball in our defensive 3rd. The players we had did a good enough job of that, but if you're inviting a side like Arsenal into your penalty area you're gonna let in at least one goal. If it hadn't been for Henderson's determination we could have lost that game. MoTM for me.

Archived