Sports Interactive Community
bell

Liverpool Thread 2012/13

spurs backed off once 2-0 up, can't really judge that we should have won it cos we then had all the possession. same for the man utd game somewhat, maybe a draw out of it. city, newcastle and everton the big ones were we dropped 6 pts for me.

Newcastle especially as next to nothing went wrong in that game. We just couldn't finish. City was down to two poor mistakes at the back and Everton you can blame the offside at the end easily, but at 2-0, we shouldn't have blown that lead in my eyes.

@MelwoodLFC: Brilliant, someone got Sneijder 10 on their shirt because of me, can’t help some people, unreal

Lol Bro

Sky Sports saying that Sneijder is going to Gala.

Anybody else dislike Sturridge's stupid celebration? It just doesn't seem to fit in with what we're about. I cringed a bit.

And yes, I'm bored.

I hope we see it many more times (though yeah it's kinda silly)

As long as he is scoring goals then I couldn't care less how he celebrates.

Have to take the rough with the smooth I guess :D

Don't think he'll ever be as revered as he once was... so doubt his performance could improve from how he is mentally now

Would any Liverpool fans take Torres back if he wanted to return? Even at a cut price?

No, just no!!!

I'd have him for £10m, or a swap for Carroll ;)

From the smile as he did it I think Sturridge knows the dance is silly but I think the players encourage him to do it when they mob him.

Sounds like our deal for Coutinho

£8m being reported?

Inter want £10m for him

That's a steal

If we got Ince and Coutinho would they both be vying for the LF/RF position? Assume Ince would be a LW/LF in our 4-3-3 but not sure about the latter as I've barely heard of him.

Think he's better than Suso?

suso's done absolutely nothing for the first team, he's either just not ready or overrated.

Suso has shown glimpses.

I really don't want Ince, especially from the prices I'm hearing quoted. We are crying out for more experienced quality in the squad.

How did Coutinho do for Espanyol?

I think suso would really benefit from a season on loan in the championship where he can play every game and get some real experiance under his belt.

Think he's better than Suso?

This question :D

Suso's not all that, Coutinho can be fantastic. Would hate it if Liverpool signed him.

really hope this goes through, i was hoping for a more experienced player but he's definitely exciting and talented for a youngster. having someone that can play out wide on the left or in the hole will be a real benefit too, and allow more fluidity with Suarez. may only issue is that he's not that built, but quick and dribbly, so hopefully do alright.

5 goals and 2 assists in 17 appearences at Espanyol

Having Coutinho, Borini, Sterling and Sturridge all develop together could be wonderful.

and aye, get Suso off on loan, looks very promising but needs match practice.

Sadly there's not a place in the current formation for Suso, he is NOT a wide left/right player. His ideal role is behind the striker, and I just don't see him getting a place there anytime soon. I really rate the kid, he's got amazing technique, he needs games badly.

Would any Liverpool fans take Torres back if he wanted to return? Even at a cut price?

If you asked me that a couple of months ago I would have said yes, however after seeing him play woefully these last few weeks under Rafa's guidance I just think the lad doesn't care enough about the game anymore. The only club he might put a decent shift in for would be Atletico as he supports them.

Wouldn't take him back but I have to admit that it's sad to watch him these days. He's fallen so far from where he was with us, he was showing glimpses of getting back to form with us just before leaving as well.

From time to time I watch his goals on YouTube. Just to remind myself just how special he was

Torres, massive no.

Suso, looks like he could be a decent player. I think he needs to get quicker.

Think he could turn out like Pacheco.

Yes, my complaints about the boring transfer window have been proven wrong!

no chance on Eriksen, can see him going to Utd in the summer

just heard reina is indeed looking to go to barca at the end of the season.

That's fine. My opinion of him has dropped rapidly as of late.

Who will we be after then? Valdes/Butland ?

I know his form has dropped but surely Reina will still be worth 10-20m?

rumour is it could even happen sooner with us linked to butland a few weeks back, the club know this and he may not even have been injured on saturday.

Id like to see Coates and Suso both going to Wigan for the season.

That rumour isn't in the echo by the way. Heard it from Pearce himself earlier tonight.

Not a chance on eriksen he will look for cl, Wigan could be a good option for suso and Coates.

rumour is it could even happen sooner with us linked to butland a few weeks back, the club know this and he may not even have been injured on saturday.

had operation on his nose a few days before so I don't think its that.