Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

Cannot believe that result today. Looks like our midfield needs a total overhaul. Gerrard's just not good enough any more but won't get dropped cos he's Gerrard. Allen looks lost all the time but won't get dropped cos he's Rodgers' man. Lucas needs to be eased back in but we can't afford it. Sahin can't be arsed. Shelvey thinks he's a striker. Cole isn't even a footballer anymore. **** football and **** everyone else too.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reina didn't even do anything wrong today, you ********. He's miles down the list of people who done wrong today, anyway.

It's not just about today, though an inform keeper would have kept at least one of those out (especially that 20 yard side foot that bounced a yard in front of him before it went in). He's been way below par for a long time now. So tired of people defending him when it's clear as ****ing day that he's a shadow of his former self and isn't getting it back, or should we wait another two years for him to get his act together?

So bored of talking about how crap he is now.

Downing has been told to go **** off \0/

Seems a weird situation. Especially as they featured it in the match day programme saying "The manager has said i can leave if i want to." Wouldn't exactly fill you with confidence seeing the team-sheet today with Downing's name on it after reading in the programme that the manager has told him that he can leave. :D

We most definitely are not well covered in midfield.

Shelveys a kid, Gerrards fading away, Susos a kid, Allen looks exhasted to what he was at the start of the season, Sahin says hes still adjusting, Henderson is ok when he's assed but adds no threat, and Lucas is half dead at the moment.

We're getting battered there imo and it was their fault for all three of the Villa goals today.

Do you's still rate Allen? Or is he the pointless footballer everyone else thinks he is?

I was chuffed when we signed him. He is a very tidy footballer and I really rate him. He seems to be the one player who is playing every game whether it be Europe or at home. That will have an effect eventually.

I think people are confusing mental fatigue with physical. The former can sometimes resemble the latter, a poor decision results in a poor pass - basically like that one played by Allen to Cole for the third goal. Holman was on the same side of Cole that Allen played the ball to - he was always going to lose possession, and it screamed of a tired pass.

Very disappointing yesterday when it looked like we might have put a run together. Can't be any excuses for that type of performance at home to such a poor side. No disrespect to Villa but that scoreline in reverse is the least we should be expecting. Failing to see what Allen is bringing to our midfield at the minute. Again Gerrard's header only increases my view that he needs to be moved further up the pitch and get into the box a lot more. We badly need at least on striker in Jan.

Haha, time to wake up and smell the coffee bruh. :D

I know we aren't any good at the minute but we're better than them. If a side in the relegation zone comes to Anfield I expect us to beat them without too many worries. Most of our players would walk into their side.

Villa were **** yesterday. I have no idea how we got beat 0-3.

They must have had 3 shots.

We were doing fine until they scored, we looked good and should have scored 2/3 goals, as soon as they scored though we just went ****.

Gerrard needs moving up the pitch or dropping.

Lucas looks unfit but still looks our best midfielder.

Allen needs dropping for Jonjo or Sahin.

Sterling looks like he needs a rest. Suarezs' decisions making in and around the box is terrible.

Johnson, Agger and Skrtel had their worst games for us yesterday, which is unfortunate.

It is bad that a Villa side that bad can beat us 0-3.

i'd struggle to give any of that team more than a 4/10 for their efforts yesterday except for downing.

what struck me most was after about 80 mins i thought to myself, this is one of last years performances, to a tee. they looked to have no clue all over the pitch and i was thinking just sack the lot of them and start again. clearly not the 'winners' we've been led to believe they are.

and what happened to winning the ball back within 7 secs? we gave them far too much time on the ball and if we want to play possession football, winning the ball back as quickly as possible is paramount to its success. i cant remember us once winning the ball high up the pitch and putting them on the back foot. they we're just happy to defend in numbers and the tempo of our passes in the final 3rd was far too slow to hurt any team tbh.

rodgers got outdone by lambert too. both new managers and both on a level playing field and rodgers got pounded. also was the wrong starting line up imo. now is the time to get tough and drop all the underperformers for next week.

i'd struggle to give any of that team more than a 4/10 for their efforts yesterday except for downing.

what struck me most was after about 80 mins i thought to myself, this is one of last years performances, to a tee. they looked to have no clue all over the pitch and i was thinking just sack the lot of them and start again. clearly not the 'winners' we've been led to believe they are.

and what happened to winning the ball back within 7 secs? we gave them far too much time on the ball and if we want to play possession football, winning the ball back as quickly as possible is paramount to its success. i cant remember us once winning the ball high up the pitch and putting them on the back foot. they we're just happy to defend in numbers and the tempo of our passes in the final 3rd was far too slow to hurt any team tbh.

rodgers got outdone by lambert too. both new managers and both on a level playing field and rodgers got pounded. also was the wrong starting line up imo. now is the time to get tough and drop all the underperformers for next week.

Agree with all of this, depressing all round. Problem is, if we dropped all the under performers we'd have about 5 players on the pitch at a push :(

I honestly don't think we have been that bad tbh. We are creating some great chances but failing to put them away, holding the ball great at times too.

The only real worry I have atm is getting someone in to score the goals as I'm not sold on the likes of Ince/Sturridge to solve that problem. They would be great additions to the squad though

At the end of the day we're too easy to beat. We got away with it at West Ham and I thought the character we showed might help us kick on. But when you keep putting in that standard of performance you won't always get yourselves back into the game. Seems to be a big problem with motivation for the players at the minute for whatever reason.

Archived