Sports Interactive Community
bell

Liverpool Thread 2012/13

60907_523238151049739_285663127_n.jpg

I read about this earlier and I'm not ashamed to say it put a lump in my throat. It certainly puts things into perspective. Good on the lads.

Regarding Ince, have we not learnt our lesson when it comes to players playing well for a year in the championship? Proper desperation buy, particularly for £6M. Look abroad ffs.

Everton seem to do well when it comes to buys like that so I would keep my fingers crossed :thup:.

buys like what? who have they bought who has only had one decent year or so in the second league in a country?

funny seeing the transfer gossip today seeing all these top players linked to man u, city, arsenal etc and our hopes are dashed in signing another young unestablished player...

Ince could be s great signing, already bossing the Championship and still young so will probably develop further.

Think you are underestimating the league here as Shane Long/Cahill/Jagielka/Lescott/Adam Johnson/Joe Allen/Ox Chamberlain and a lot more players gave come out the league. His attitude and age makes it a lot more promising too. Fits Brendan's style well too.

Oxlade-Chamberlain only played a couple of games in the Championship. Tim Cahill hasn't played in the Championship for 8 years, Jagielka and Lescott haven't for six, and Adam Johnson was already an established PL player when Middlesborough got relegated.

Scoring 13 goals from the wing in a whole Championship season is a great achievement, let alone less than half a season. Ince has been "flavour of the month" for at least 18 months too. So I agree with your general point, I just think you made it really badly.

Excited for tomorrow.

Finally some positivity going into a game and I hope we can take full advance of a super comeback last time out and build on it. Fresh and rested Suarez aswel so I hope he can take the game by the scruff of the neck and bang a few away.

I can't begin to think about how dull it must be being pessimistic all the time after wins.

People everywhere are being too positive about this game. I can see it going to ****.

Really? Their midfield is shocking and we will control it resulting in a pretty comfortable win.

im with SSN a little here tbh. setting ourselves up for a fall expecting to roll over AV and virtually everyone expects a comfy win.

sure a 3-0 win would be on the cards in the past but it could just as easily be a 1-3 disaster the way some games have gone this season or another frustrating draw.

i'm more hopeful than expectant these days.

Rumoured team:

Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Downing, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey, Cole, Suarez.

i think the team today will be,

reina

gj,sk,da,je

lucas

gerrard allen

downing suarez cole

though bib theory has downing lb and shelvey front 3 for enrique.

hendo is doing fine coming off the bench for now though i wouldnt mind at all if allen gets rested for him.

No room for Sterling in either of those two teams above then?

From a Villa point of view, i hope Downing plays left back, although still think you'll win even if he does play there. :D

Really? Their midfield is shocking and we will control it resulting in a pretty comfortable win.

Don't get me wrong, on paper we should be smashing these 4 or 5. But I got a feeling there's a chance we'll be brought back down to earth.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Downing, Allen, Lucas, Gerrard, Sterling, Shelvey, Suarez.

First time bibs was wrong?

As if we can afford to leave out our best winger. He's had the full week of conditioning and preparation, no mid-week game. I don't really see what others see in terms of fatigue anyway. For me he's been starting games slowly but becoming our main threat in the last 20 or minutes. That doesn't really indicate fatigue to me.

he played poorly last week and kept making wrong decisions pointing to being mentally fatigued rather than physically. it takes a lot of concentration to play in the prem.

Why are Villa booing Downing?

I'd be ****ing ecstatic considering the money they got for him and how hes played since coming here.

hows the game looking so far? are we controlling?

Have been all over them, one clear up chance but Luis couldn't pass a simple 5 yard ball into Gerrard.

maybe downing is finally coming into his own. he hasnt been half bad recently.

Have been all over them, one clear up chance but Luis couldn't pass a simple 5 yard ball into Gerrard.

looked more to me that gerrard tried to dummy it rather then getting onto the ball.

looked more to me that gerrard tried to dummy it rather then getting onto the ball.

Personally thought he played it behind him?