Sports Interactive Community
bell

Liverpool Thread 2012/13

We're awful. Joke of a squad and having to play Shelvey up front ffs.

Can't even be bothered to watch the rest of this.

hope you missed the fightback

Why is the commentator (like many others) pronouncing Coates as if it is a Spanish surname?

Yes, he is capped by Uruguay, but his father and therefore surname is Scottish and should be pronounced as such.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coates

Because that's how it pronounced as confirmed by the player.

Only 4 points shy of 4th place.

Could be in the Top 4 by the new year :D

I think I'll turn off at half time more often. How the feck did we win that?

4 points of 4th? With the rubbish squad we have? BR is a god.

Stoke v Everton, Spurs vs Swansea and West Brom vs West Ham next weekend too

stoke v everton, oh joy!

I swear if West Ham had scored when Sterling should have gone to the corner flag

This. inexperience comes into play there unfortunately but he will hopefully learn for next time.

Diame was bossing that come though, we got lucky that he got injured tbh as that completely changed the game and allowed us to get a foot on the ball higher up the pitch. What a signing on a free he would have been. Some encouraging signs in that display tbh, I really thought it was over at half time but the team battled extremely well. Made up for Henderson, come on and did well and what a fantastic ball for our 3rd, caps off a nice week for him and some sort of platform for him to progress hopefully.

Can't believe we made Cole look like a world beater up front ffs, the amount of times he was allowed to chest the ball down and turn was ridiculous, could have cost us. Need to deal better when the ball gets pumped into the box also.

stoke v everton, oh joy!

you realise you're in the liverpool thread and that was posted in the context of two teams above us having to play each other right?

Sterling really bad this game

Wasn't his best game by a mile but he easily could have got discouraged and lazy but still worked for the team regardless. Unlucky on a few occasions and a great assist for Cole.

How can you turn off a game? Tit.

By turning the channel over, idiot.

I think Sterling is beginning to buckle a bit with the ridiculous amount of pressure on him. Nice pass today though.

hopefully he'll have to play less after jan and there will be less pressure on him. some fantastic tackles by both agger and skrtel today that need a mention

I can't believe we are only 4 points off 4th. That is crazy considering how much better off we could possibly be after some of our performances this year. Everton sticks out in my head.

Some things need majorly addressed in January though, Downing either needs shipped out or warming a seat on the bench as playing him LB is suicide. We need a new LB, either for rotation with Jose or when we play Jose at LM/LW. We need another striker so we have 3 options for when Borini comes back and ideally a winger so we don't play our LB there.

Why is Assaidi not getting a look in?

I think Sterling is beginning to buckle a bit with the ridiculous amount of pressure on him. Nice pass today though.

I sort of agree with this but can also see why others want him to play every single game. When you see games like today you can see how much in need of a break he is in need of, not because he is struggling physically and his body can't handle it but more his mental state and some of the decisions he is making. Coming from the bench on occasions would be ideal but unfortunately we aren't in a position to afford this luxury as we don't have anyone else.

I can't believe we are only 4 points off 4th. That is crazy considering how much better off we could possibly be after some of our performances this year. Everton sticks out in my head.

Some things need majorly addressed in January though, Downing either needs shipped out or warming a seat on the bench as playing him LB is suicide. We need a new LB, either for rotation with Jose or when we play Jose at LM/LW. We need another striker so we have 3 options for when Borini comes back and ideally a winger so we don't play our LB there.

Why is Assaidi not getting a look in?

I keep thinking this. He must be horribly unfit is all I can think.

I keep thinking this. He must be horribly **** is all I can think.

Fixed it for you, could be a combination of things but am pretty sure he must not be impressing in training.

2 home games now? Aston Villa and Fulham I believe

6 points right there!

Looks like this season is going to be the very definition of a slow burner - pick up two wins in next two games and we are right in the mix for top 4 spots.

I think Assaidi's been injured, has only just come back into the reserves iirc.

I missed the game but checked text commentary with about 20 mins left and saw we were 2-1 down. **** it, I thought and just decided to deal with it tomorrow. Imagine my shock when I checked the website on the off chance. How have we come away with 3 points? As soon as I saw Cole was playing i wouldn't have given us a chance.

The last time Liverpool came from behind to win a league game away from home was August 2009 at Bolton.

everton, city and newcastle where we've dropped pts for me. should have had a couple more wins there

So ****ing what. **** off with your pointless stats.

Btw, is that stat even pointless? Assuming 6 of those 9 sunday games came the weekend after a Europa tie then it surely says something about the squad depth if we're stuggling on the weekend after a euro game so it's not pointless.

In terms of mentality I mean. I just had that feeling for the first time in a while when we are losing. "We'll still get something from this". Obviously Diame going off made it a lot easier, but I just trust us to roll over a little less these days.

there have been plenty of those games over the last 3 years, today we just got the luck needed to get the win, felt a lot of players were running around like headless chickens for large parts of the game, so don't want to say anything too much about good mentality.

Btw, is that stat even pointless? Assuming 6 of those 9 sunday games came the weekend after a Europa tie then it surely says something about the squad depth if we're stuggling on the weekend after a euro game so it's not pointless.
. His reply was to that dullard Wlater not bell

I'm just trying to think when we last put in a second half comeback. Seems like ages ago.

Bolton away 2009 3-2 from 2-1 down? Gerrard volley last minute?

i think we've definitely been mentally tougher this season, i don't think today was a good example of this. in fact i'd say we attacked a lot less this game when we were not winning than we have in others. we were hardly running the game or dominating play when we got the two late goals