Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

Rafa,

No they aren't all supposed to like each other, and where was it that I said they should? I suggested that players don't get on, on the pitch, so why cry about it when the opposition player snarls at you? That's football. Not sure where you came up with the 'players are supposed to like each other now?' bit.

It's fine if he doesn't like him, on the pitch, as people are generally very different on the pitch than they are off it, especially people with a will to win at nearly all costs. I said that he's (Ashley) a cretin for saying that he has no time for the guy when he doesn't know him, as a person. And if Agger came out and made a similar character assassination attempt, in an auto biography, about somebody he didn't know, then yes, I would say he was a cretin as well, because he would be.

Anyway, Ashley will probably leave the feild with some twisted blood. Not sure when players and managers are going to learn not to wind him up.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didier Drogba has asked FIFA for special dispensation to let him go out on loan outside of the transfer window. FIFA are currently considering it...

Probably back to Chelsea. Either that or they'll try to buy Suarez in January and flog Torres back to us.

Rafa,

No they aren't all supposed to like each other, and where was it that I said they should? I suggested that players don't get on, on the pitch, so why cry about it when the opposition player snarls at you? That's football. Not sure where you came up with the 'players are supposed to like each other now?' bit.

It's fine if he doesn't like him, on the pitch, as people are generally very different on the pitch than they are off it, especially people with a will to win at nearly all costs. I said that he's (Ashley) a cretin for saying that he has no time for the guy when he doesn't know him, as a person. And if Agger came out and made a similar character assassination attempt, in an auto biography, about somebody he didn't know, then yes, I would say he was a cretin as well, because he would be.

Anyway, Ashley will probably leave the feild with some twisted blood. Not sure when players and managers are going to learn not to wind him up.

really? you're getting angry about him saying 'he's got no time for him'? you consider that character assassination?

can't see anywhere him suggesting what Suarez is like off the pitch either. i've got no time for Barton but I don't know him in person, does that make me a bad person?

really? you're getting angry about him saying 'he's got no time for him'? you consider that character assassination?

can't see anywhere him suggesting what Suarez is like off the pitch either. i've got no time for Barton but I don't know him in person, does that make me a bad person?

I consider the whole thing character assassination, not just the part you decided to include in your post. And him saying he has no time for the guy, for me, is him saying he wants nothing to do with him, anywhere, ever, which is pretty self explanatory. At least that's what I'm getting from it.

You could probably have chosen a better example than Barton to try and prove your point, as we all know what type of person he is, off the pitch, and on it.

I consider the whole thing character assassination, not just the part you decided to include in your post. And him saying he has no time for the guy, for me, is him saying he wants nothing to do with him, anywhere, ever, which is pretty self explanatory. At least that's what I'm getting from it.

You could probably have chosen a better example than Barton to try and prove your point, as we all know what type of person he is, off the pitch, and on it.

the rest isn't a character assassination if it's true and honestly it's hardly a surprising portrayal of Suarez is it? He does go down easy, he does contest everything, he is incredibly hot headed on the pitch. No problem with one player not liking another player because of those attributes and saying he doesn't want anything to do with them off the pitch either (and i think you might be reading too much into that anyway), really don't get what the big deal is there at all.

I'd say it was bordering on character assassination when the truth comes out, but only for one player, when there are a fair few other players (and managers) that cheat and attempt to influence refs all the time, but you don't see them being called out for it constantly.

When it's more of an even playing field, then I'm sure it wouldn't bother me so much as I know Luis is no angel.

Yeah the fans aren't gonna like it, and Rafa needs time to build a squad his own way rather than being expected to do a job as an interim manager. I am a little bit jealous I have to say, have always thought he went to early and was a victim of circumstance as well as cracking under the pressure. If he came back to LFC i'd be happy, as long as he bought Xabi and Torres with him!

Can't see Lucas going tbh. Will take a fairly big offer to require his services also.

I can see Rafa going and building that Chelsea team around Torres tbh and having him bang them in for fun again.

Totally agree regarding Rafa - he will get Torres back firing and with Mata in behind they will become a formidable side. Might stick some money on them for the title if he gets the job.

Gutted to see him go to Chelsea but I wish him all the best. Respect the man so much for everything he done for us on and off the pitch. Was only a matter of time before someone of the magnitude of Chelsea came in for him and with the resources available to him, I can't see how he will fail.

He will show everyone how he could have progressed us as a club with the right funding.

Based on number of starting appearances. Our starting squad at the end of the season before Rafa took over was:

Dudek, Riise, Hyypia, Biscan, Carragher, Kewell, Hamann, Gerrard, Murphy, Heskey, Owen

Subs: Kirkland, Henchoz, Finnan, Cheyrou, Diouf, Smicer, Baros

At his peak and when backed with money, the squad was:

Reina, Aurelio, Agger, Carragher, Finnan, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Riera, Kuyt, Torres

Subs: Cavalieri, Skrtel, Insua, Lucas, Babel, Benayoun, Keane

Based on number of starting appearances. Our starting squad at the end of the season before Rafa took over was:

At his peak and when backed with money, the squad was:

not to mention: pacheco, sterling, suso, shelvey, wisdom, sinclair... his work with our academy is only just starting to pay dividends which we'll be reaping for a decade or more.

Shelvey? Really? Are you sure?

as I recall from an interview with him, rafa made the initial approach and was in the process of the transfer when he was sacked. kenny finished the deal and roy rubber stamped it when he came on. or at least that was how it sounded to me.

Fecking hell....

It's like.... a betrayal

Don't blame him for taking the job tbh - he couldn't wait all day for our owners to come calling, and as soon as they went for Rodgers in the summer I think he would have known there was little chance of him coming back to Liverpool.

Gutted to see him gone, disappointed he went there, but by the same token I think he had to take it. Longer unemployment means it would have gotten harder to get a job if he'd kept knocking them back.

They will be scary as **** with that front 4 and Rafa in charge.

2012/13

Alberto Aquilani with 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games for Fiorentina

Dirk Kuyt with 5 goals and 1 assist in 7 games for Fenerbache

Tom Ince with 10 goals and 6 assists in 15 games for Blackpool

Aquilani > Allen

Because he's a top manager ? despite what the British press what everyone to believe.

His only problem i see at Chelsea is do some of the players really give a damn, and do they "want" to be coached by anyone ? and that's a problem any manager will have.

Archived