Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll take a point. first half we weren't great and improved after the changes in the 2nd.

but a better touch from suarez there and we do a smash and grab.

i'm guessing shain is still adapting to the pace but i would prefer to see suso/jonjo ahead of him.

I thought Enrique had a bi-polar game. First half he was frustrating as ****. How many times can one player turn into trouble and then resort to the overhit chip to Suarez instead of laying off the simple pass inside? I thought he was a lot better when we moved Johnson to left back, let Glen do the thinking and pushed Enrique up and just told him to run at people. Which fair enough he is quite good at.

Really pleased for Carra today, i think there was a moment when he missed the ball but other than that he was pretty good defensively. He gets a lot of **** from his own fans but still manages to come in from the cold and put a shift in like that.

I actually think he's largely cut out his hoofing too, obviously upon instruction from Rodgers. He's much maligned but he must be really helpful to the younger lads in passing on his experience.

Sterling impressed me with his defensive work today. Several times he chased back and because of his pace was able to nip in front of the attacker and pinch the ball. Really useful asset to have.

Not sure I was watching the same Enrique as the rest of you. I thought he was gash tbh. Got better in the last 15 minutes or so but before that he couldn't pass, dribble, cross or make any kind of decision.

Not sure I was watching the same Enrique as the rest of you. I thought he was gash tbh. Got better in the last 15 minutes or so but before that he couldn't pass, dribble, cross or make any kind of decision.
its not really like he could do any of those things well in the first place anyway

Anyone has Luis Suarez page on Facebook.... this is what his status read -

"A shame we could't get the three points. Glad to to help the team with another goal... Hugs to Terry, I hope it's nothing serious.

Una lástima que no pudimos sumar los tres puntos. Contento por haber podido ayudar al equipo con otro gol... Un abrazo a Terry, espero que no sea nada grave."

Hugs to Terry just sounds so wrong :D

Just looking at upcoming fixtures, our 10 league games before man utd aint that bad, Spurs away aside, hardest fixtures are probably away at west ham and stoke, would be nice to put together a good run over these

17 Nov 2012		Wigan		H	
25 Nov 2012		Swansea		A	
28 Nov 2012		Tottenham	A
1 Dec 2012		Southampton	H
9 Dec 2012		West Ham	A
15 Dec 2012		Aston Villa	H
22 Dec 2012		Fulham		H
26 Dec 2012		Stoke City	A
30 Dec 2012		QPR	        A
2 Jan 2013		Sunderland	H

next two weekends we have:

Arsenal vs Spurs,

West Ham vs Stoke

West Brom vs Chelsea

Then

Spurs vs West Ham,

Stoke vs Fulham

then when we play spurs

Chelsea vs Fulham

Everton vs Arsenal

Stoke vs Newcaastle

Swansea vs West Brom

Man utd vs West Ham

So definitely some room to jump a couple of places and catch up with others, especially if we can pick up something vs Spurs

The fixtures look easy on paper, but lets not forget we're around the same level of the likes of Swansea, Fulham, Stoke and West Ham (points-wise at least), so saying we should be picking up wins in these fixtures is slightly presumptuous. I'll be amazed if we pick up 18 points out of the 30 available tbh.

The fixtures look easy on paper, but lets not forget we're around the same level of the likes of Swansea, Fulham, Stoke and West Ham (points-wise at least), so saying we should be picking up wins in these fixtures is slightly presumptuous. I'll be amazed if we pick up 18 points out of the 30 available tbh.

Agree with this. I think some people are expecting rather a lot from what is an awful squad. Take Luis out of the equation and we're probably in a relegation battle.

Archived