Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any idea what it is for other teams?
I think Everton were 2 ahead of us. Think that might be the calendar year, though.

As the game goes on, my desire to see us score dwindles. I'd rather we lost than go to extra time. First choice, would be a win in normal time, of course.

Hopefully this games put the end to the Liverpool careers of Cole, Henderson and Downing.

I'd say Henderson deserves some more time, Cole however shouldn't be anywhere near the first team or reserves, as far as I am concerned he should be made to play with the under 12's.

Good display by Swansea so well done to them, the awful first half performance really hurt us. It just goes to show how thin we are upfront and how reliant we are upon players like Gerrard and Suarez. Without another striker to take the pressure of Suarez we simply cannot expect to get results.

In fairness to Downing he actually got involved tonight. Yeah, hes not great by any means but at least he's trying to do something now instead of just wondering about the place.

I agree, the guy looked like he was at least trying. Henderson is not a rightback so I can forgive him. Cole however is just a ****ing insult, he may as well wear a t-shirt saying F U Liverpool

Downing played quite well tbf, chance missed aside.

When it was 1-0 though. Near enough open goal.

Michu ran the show tonight. Spanish player with good all round ability. There's a shock !!

Swansea well worth their 3-1 scoreline. They look like they have been playing the pressing game for a couple of years, whereas we are just starting.

That was a win win situation for me. I don't mind going out of that competition because of the pitiful squad we have, but I'd obviously never complain about a win.

I'm not that disappointed either, given the semi final is two legs. I would have liked to see more of a performance from some of the fringe players though which is disapointing.

Not overly bothered myself. If we are going to go for any cup runs it should be the other 2 anyway. We kinda reached the last 4 last season without the biggest of efforts and means we have potentially 4 less matches to worry about now. The squad is thing, so we don't want them to be running empty by March

In fairness to Downing he actually got involved tonight. Yeah, hes not great by any means but at least he's trying to do something now instead of just wondering about the place.
Sums up the accepted standard of level of players fans have now.

Cole, Henderson and Downing are all nothing players which add nothing to the team. Get rid of them asap.

Cole, Henderson and Downing are all nothing players which add nothing to the team. Get rid of them asap.

And replace them with who because we certainly arent the power in the transfer market we once were.

Cole was shocking tonight downing average at best, young striker who started looked like a young child. Positive for tonight we are out of the cup means I don't have to fork out more money for future cup games. Painful watching tonight just hope we can win Sunday but fear it will be a long long season.

Hope to get some sleep on journey back home as up at 5 for work ;(

Genuine question, are people still happy with our owners? I stated I wasn't happy when the transfer window shut and even before that. Most in here were still happy with the way they were going bout their business. With the recent Jen Chang incident that seems another appointment they have messed up. Ian Ayre for some reason is still running the club. We are 12th in the league with 2 difficult fixtures ahead. Our squad is poor as shown last night. I'm also pretty certain we have less points this season tha wha we took in the corresponding fixtures last season.

That's why I was asking is everybody still happy? Realistically in my opinion they've done very little to take the club forward this season, it really shouldn't have been too difficult. I agree January will be very interesting. What will happen if there is no real investment in the squad? Will we really improve on 12th if we don't bring in 2-3 quality recruits? Do you trust Ayre to bring in the right people if anyone at all?

I think theyve done enough 'slimming down' now tbh. the squad is threadbare and not big or strong enough to challenge for anything. i guess we'll have to wait til january to see if they do anything. ideally i'd like 4 signings, 3 for the frontline and probably a lb and if we can, get rid of cole and downing. for all the goodwill ive tried to show downing, the simple fact is he's just not good enough, he's had enough time to show it and failed.

i still think though that if i were them, you bet your ass i'd think twice about sanctioning the funds we need to progress after the last 100m was pissed up the wall. still, if nothing happens come january then serious questions need to get asked about what theyre doing.

Well I'm not happy with either Rodgers or the owners, but I accept they have the whole of the season before the rebellion starts. If this season is as bad or, much more likely, far worse than last season, then I'll be demanding they all go.

yes im happy, you look how much they spent on Kenny and it's obvious why they didn't go and do the same with Rodgers, not sure whose fault the **** up over Dempsey was but from what Henry said afterwards it looks like it was more Ayre's. Stadium plans are finally looking like going ahead, love Rodgers, only issue I have is with some of the corprate staff they've brought in/kept, but overall I'm pleased.

In my opinion the argument of wasting £100m is flawed. They hired people to spend that money. They are now punishing the next group of people they have hired because THEY got their initial appointments wrong. I feel sorry for Rodgers to be honest. Unless they back him we will continue to be a mid table team.

'punishing' ffs. yes they got the Kenny/Comolli thing wrong, that doesn't mean the 100m magically reappears in their bank accounts so they can give it to someone else. i'm okay with having owners who make early mistakes if they learn from them, and I expect Rodgers to be backed more in Jan.

Archived