Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah play Borini, Carroll and Suarez upfront. Sign Martinez to play along side Lucas(yeah i know) and let Johnson and Enrique bomb on as much as they like to provide width. Ok not going to happen but would be fun to watch.

I think they will be "wide forwards" rather than wingers, but I am sure he will play 3 central midfielders and Henderson will be used in one of these roles rather than in a wide attacking area.

If either Carroll or Bellamy leave (or both) then I would think we need to replace them as we do look a little thin on the ground for cover in the 3 forward positions that he is likely to use. This is where I think Dempsey will be used once we secure his signing (which I am sure we will do)

Does anyone play with traditional wingers?

With the rumours of Bellers leaving, we are pretty light out wide. I'd say we need at least one versatile wide attacker, a dm cover/rotational guy, and if Carroll goes does Dempsey, Suarez, Borini suffice for a season?

Man Utd do.

Swansea seemed to have direct wingers, so I suspect we'll see some more come in. For the right especially. Since I think Downing and Sterling will do the left.

That's because you're a miserable git who only wants us to sign world class people. :)

Not at all. I just want us to sign players who will move us out of our current slump. We have the resources to do so, we've just spent 2 years blowing it on garbage and falling backwards.

Players like Sinclair and Dyer will do nothing for us because quite simply they're not good enough. I'm sick of buying British when theres no good British players around at the level we're looking.

It's just all round ********. Just keep him for one more year definitely, and see how it goes.

You never know, he might actually perform with three nippy attackers running around him where he can lay off passes. If it doesn't work for him, and we're actually challenging for 4th, then we can look at moving him on.

When Carroll is up for it he is strong, hard to knock off the ball, hold the ball well and his passing along with overall game improved in the last few months of the season.

When Carroll feels things are against him he argues with everyone, goes down easily, poor control, lazy and plays with his head looking down at the turf.

Carroll is either a class hard working centre forward who gives you a different option or a totally lazy donkey, no in-between with him unfortunately. I would keep him and see how he performs this season but if he doesn't feature in BR plans then we should look to sell for £15-20 million.

Sky are now reporting the rumours from 2 weeks ago that we want to sign Wallcot. He is a Liverpool fan, in his last year of his contract and not happy the Arsenal board didn't do more to keep RVP. I imagine the transfer if it does go through will be around £12 million.

why on earth would theo leave arsenal for us. cant see that happening at all.

Im not saying he will join us, but he is entering the last year of his contract and doesnt look like signing one at all. If RVP leaves Arsenal I think he will follow suit because he will say they lack ambition or something.

Wheres all the Bellamy (Bellemey :D) out talk come from?

The lad has 2 years left on his contract and BR wants to keep him but the rumours are Cardiff are going to make a bid for him and he wants to help them get promotion but it's all hear say that started from some people on twitter a week ago.

Archived