Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
these players are already gifted when they come to us. of course we try and find gifted home grown players too, that's why we bought sterling and sinclair, but that shouldn't stop us looking abroad for them as well. it's not all about training.

Has anyone seen the video clip of ex Villa striker Juan Pablo's son playing in a 5aside game.? he looks like the next Marodona, will probably grow to be 6ft 4 now ;)

sign this young fella up too, he's wearing a Liverpool kit ;)

At the time Ince left maybe he wasn't showing enough potentiol, Now he is getting regular first team games he will help him.. Bit like Barcelona letting Fabregas go to Arsenal when he was a teeneger to then turn around and but him back in his 20's for over 30-mill. Ince probably yet another player that is better than Downing..

Downing really does have monkey on his back ;)

At the time Ince left maybe he wasn't showing enough potentiol' date=' Now he is getting regular first team games he will help him.. Bit like Barcelona letting Fabregas go to Arsenal when he was a teeneger to then turn around and but him back in his 20's for over 30-mill. Ince probably yet another player that is better than Downing..

Downing really does have monkey on his back ;)[/quote']

Barcelona didnt let Fabregas join Arsenal.

You can't deny that the club's image isn't a part of the modern game. The way the club is ran, the type of football it plays, the attitudes of the staff and players all play a part of the "brand".

Loads of people will choose to support a non-local club for a variety of reasons, the club's current and past success, whether it has players they like, and the general image of the club. Huge amounts of people will support a club like Liverpool because of things as basic as the atmosphere on match days, so anything that promotes a certain positive image of the club is likely to indirectly affect the number of supporters we get.

And all of that's on top of giving the current fans some hope and faith for the future, and legitimising the project that Brendan and the owners are undertaking in the eyes of opposing fans.

Watching Being Liverpool now. I love Brendan Rodgers :D.

yes i watched the 1st 2 episodes last night. if i was now a player for Liverpool i would hate to be on the wrong side of him, i'm not sure how most managers talk to there players at this level but he speaks with real authority and almost demands respect. For a guy of only 39 he seems like 59.. Long term i think Liverpool will be ok, we just need to get over this transformation period..

As for today's game, Norwich have only scored 4% of there chances so far. this game has 0-0 all over it but i hope we can come good even if we sneak a 1-0.. Everton had 30 shots away to Swansea last week, i can imagine the same today for us..

if we lose 1-0 (or worse) then it truly would be unbearable to take.

for the record im right behind rodgers and im impressed with the way we're moving forward implementing his style and have outplayed both man city and man u already this season in only his first 5 games its just the frustrating mistakes that are jumped on seemingly 100% of the time but once they get ironed out i think we'll do ok :thup:

I sure hope you didnt bet big.

no it was only the sky soccer 6 which is free. i thought the support and karma would help us ;)..

Just found this quote from Rodgers, he really does seem a routhless Manager. I like it, reminds me of the Shankly ways..

"The big challenge for him now is that commitment to the cause to fight, because he has the qualities.

"He has a wonderful left foot but what is important is that it is more than

talent. Talent alone is not enough. You have to work hard, you have to fight for the shirt.

"We have seen that in a number of the young players and if you don't do that then longer-term you won't be here. It is as simple as that really."

Left-back Jose Enrique is in the same boat as Downing and Rodgers said: "What is important is that you have good communication. I don't waste my time waiting until January to tell both players what I know now."

Archived