Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To get Downing off.....although Id rather have brought Enrique off and pushed Downing to LB based off tonights performance.

I'd have left Downing on and been happy with a win, or a draw. Leave Sterling as he's (believe it or not) first choice now in our ridiculously thin squad. Imagine if Sterling got injured now?

Remember when you all wanted to get rid of Shelvey and I was all "no give him time, he's only 18/19 (at the time of posting)" WELL LOOK WHO'S IN THE RIGHT NOW :cool:

Wasn't sure about Shelvey right up until the start of the season, and I'll admit after seeing him get a couple of games I didn't think he could cut it, but I'd have to say that in the last three or four games, I could well be wrong.

Nice to be wrong sometimes.

Henderson gets my vote for motm.

Jonjo another who deserves it but felt Henderson was solid for the full 90. Few others have to get credit, Wisdom, Suso and to a certain extent, Assaidi. Carragher, Jose and Downing all had shockers but that won't surprise to many in here.

Jones had a real chance tonight to put some pressure on Reina and its slipped him by, wasn't exactly his fault but he didn't really shine. Expect him to play every game in this until *if* we make it through. Would like to know where we are sending Doni's wages to atm.

Well that was fun :D

Shelvey is gonna be great, said it a few times now that the lad simply has it. Very impressed by Wisdom tonight, looks like he's quite skillful and composed for a defender. The rest of the kids were a bit meh.

Nothing to add to the Downing shitfest, no idea what's happened to that Enrique guy who looked a proper fullback at Newcastle. And I have to chime in with more Borini hate, the guy is so ****, we're so lucky that Coates' header was on target cos Borini just missed it, he's that crap. Another dud to add to the scrapheap of duds we've been collecting since 2009.

Anyway, great entertainment, we don't half do some memorable goalfests in Europe.

Henderson gets my vote for motm.

Jonjo another who deserves it but felt Henderson was solid for the full 90. Few others have to get credit, Wisdom, Suso and to a certain extent, Assaidi. Carragher, Jose and Downing all had shockers but that won't surprise to many in here.

Jones had a real chance tonight to put some pressure on Reina and its slipped him by, wasn't exactly his fault but he didn't really shine. Expect him to play every game in this until *if* we make it through. Would like to know where we are sending Doni's wages to atm.

yep Shelvey looked good, Downing shocking again, this guy just dont get any better..

well at least it was entertaining. wisdom our best defender by a country mile and it was his debut :facepalm: hendo an sahin were good in midfield, i thought assaidi looked decent in patches aswell and i'd already rather him than borini as an IF. shelvey looked a cut above when he came on too.

pacheco was awful, downing actually put 2 or 3 good crosses in tbf but has a knack of looking clueless too often and is it just me or was suso not very good? granted i left the room a couple of times but what i saw, i wasnt as impressed as some seem to be, what did i miss? he offered nothing bar 1 decent ball over the top for downing and a decent looking run into the box in the 1st half that he failed to get his head up from.

oh and borini will soon have the nickname 'the invisible man' at this rate.

Just you on the Suso thing. Granted he was a bit raw and drifted out of the game towards then end, but he looked assured on the ball and worked it well on occasions.

The lad is only 18 and you can see he is a cut above players of that age already. It was also his 1st team debut.

Archived