Sports Interactive Community
bell

Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Food for thought... Rodgers wants to play a passing game similer to Spain, Barcelona and Arsenal etc.. all Prem teams accross Europe passes the ball, to play like Barca Takes a squad of very talented players... You may say Rodgers hasn't had time to train the players on the current system etc.. For starters i'm not sure we have enough tecnical players capabe of playing that type of football at prem level.. most teams dont allow you time and the English game is about pressing and fast tempo..

Redknapp took over Spurs that was bottom and turned thing's around in an instant, so all this players need time to adjust is bollox, they are professional players playing at the highest level..

Barcelona last season Lost the Champions League final to Chelsea after dominating, they lost the La Liga to Madrid, they have one of if not the worlds best player in Messi not to mention Passers such as Xavi and Iniesta.. alot of people said Barca play one way and dont have a plan B, If that statement is true and they lost both the CL and La Liga then Rodgers trying to play a similer style wont work well with out another system, we needed Carroll for that...

The plan at Liverpool is not a short term fix but a long term project, for what ever reason out transfers this summer has been a bit short and needs addressing next window..

I dont think it matters if we lose the next 2 games providing morale doesnt drop, we could win the following 10 there after.. It will soon be apparent if the system is going to work or not but i think to pull it off we are going to need better players. that will take time..

With this 'open letter' blaming the previous owners and them appointing Dalgish on the back of supporters demands it's basically saying 'we lowered the wages and we're not buying anyone else yet'. I expect this may lead to lots of defence of Rogers and these bloody owners continuing to appear to be these faraway, absentee Yanks that no one feels are getting hold of things at the club.

I also expect Rogers will totally tank the UEFA Cup due to your lack of strikers with supporters all nodding in agreement with his decisions and bemoaning the lack of striking options and a big 'see, told ya' to the owners when you crash out of the group stages of a group you're more than capable of getting through.

I hope you don't do the latter :(

crash out of the group stages of a group

Well we wont go out in the Group Stage of the Knockout Phase will we :p.

You missed the '.... you're more than capble of getting through' at the end of that, which makes it make sense

It's baffling how some people can still defend Reina and not attach any blame to him, ever, and to then claim that blaming him, for glaring mistakes, or questioning his ability in recent years, is completely unfounded and is nothing more than people jumping on some sort of a Reina hating bandwagon is just insulting, ignorant, and shows levels of denial that are akin to some of the deluded KD supporters.

It's obviously very hard for some people to accept in here, but sometimes players don't get better with age, they get worse, or they go stale and need a change, or they need to get dropped and have a kick up the backside until they find some form again. It happens. Accept it.

And stop calling Reina world class, it's ****ing embarrassing.

Reina's had a couple of shockers already this season and quite a few last season. Perhaps if we had another decent keeper challenging for his place then he might not be so complacent.

You missed the '.... you're more than capble of getting through' at the end of that, which makes it make sense

Damn :(

Gerrard's been utterly woeful

He went for the Hollywood ball way to often yesterday when he could have easily just retained possession.

I think someone needs to address the elephant in the corner here .... I am gonna throw it out there before you tell me he should be elected mayor and stuff and burn my effigy but I am sort of of the feeling that maybe, just maybe Gerrard is not someone who neccessarily fits into Rogers system whatsoever and that's a bit of a problem here and it's not gonna get better until that is addressed.

Maybe UEFA Cup is somewhere you can explore those alternatives without the pressure of dropping Gerrard

If Gerrard is deployed further up the field it wont be to much of an issue, but when he is playing deep and he bombs forward, then loses possession it could be a problem.

Thats what I think anyway.

I honestly think Gerrard's bombing days are really, really slowing down.

Maybe he'll be shoved up top a bit more as Suarez can't play all league and cup games. Stats will break with the amount of missed chances, ffs! :D

Gerrards 32 and spent the last 15 years constantly breaking bits of himself, He really shouldn't be anywhere near playing any of our European or league cup games. Captain or not i think its time we started using him sparingly, Better to get 30 good games out of him a season for another 2-3 years than 50 average ones. It won't happen tho.

and we shouldn't be tanking the europa. crappy coefficients could come back to haunt us.

I don't care who you are this has to take a toll on you over the years, Couldn't find anything before he was 22 but he spent a lot of his youth team time with problems too.

Steven Gerrard Injuries

Back Injury Liverpool Injuries 2012 May 7th

Hamstring Injury Liverpool Injuries 2012 April 14th

Hamstring Injury Liverpool Injuries 2012 February 29th

Ankle/Foot Injury Liverpool Injuries 2011 October 31st

Gilmores Groin Liverpool Injuries 2011 July 25th

Gilmores Groin Liverpool Injuries 2011 March 11th

Groin Strain Liverpool Injuries 2011 February 21st

Groin Strain Liverpool Injuries 2011 February 7th

Hamstring Injury Liverpool Injuries 2010 November 17th

Back Injury Liverpool Injuries 2010 August 25th

Knee Injury Liverpool Injuries 2010 May 28th

Hamstring Injury Liverpool Injuries 2010 January 13th

Groin Strain Liverpool Injuries 2009 October 10th

Groin Strain Liverpool Injuries 2009 August 10th

Groin Strain Liverpool Injuries 2009 April 8th

Hamstring Injury Liverpool Injuries 2009 February 4th

Thigh Muscle Strain Liverpool Injuries 2008 November 15th

Gilmores Groin Liverpool Injuries 2008 August 28th

Thigh Muscle Strain Liverpool Injuries 2008 August 6th

Neck Injury Liverpool Injuries 2008 April 18th

Ankle/Foot Injury Liverpool Injuries 2007 August 20th

Leg Liverpool Injuries 2006 December 24th

Hamstring Injury Liverpool Injuries 2006 October 17th

Back Injury Liverpool Injuries 2006 June 6th

Hamstring Injury Liverpool Injuries 2006 April 16th

Knee Injury Liverpool Injuries 2006 February 8th

Knee Injury Liverpool Injuries 2005 October 9th

Calf Muscle Strain Liverpool Injuries 2005 August 21st

Thigh Muscle Strain Liverpool Injuries 2005 May 13th

Groin Strain Liverpool Injuries 2005 April 11th

Metatarsal Fracture Liverpool Injuries 2004 September 20th

Groin Strain Liverpool Injuries 2004 September 2nd

Thigh Muscle Strain Liverpool Injuries 2004 August 4th

Sprained Ankle Liverpool Injuries 2004 March 12th

Thigh Muscle Strain Liverpool Injuries 2003 December 30th

Back Injury Liverpool Injuries 2003 November 13th

Sprained Ankle Liverpool Injuries 2003 September 2nd

Hip/Thigh Injury Liverpool Injuries 2002 October 16th

Thigh Muscle Strain Liverpool Injuries 2002 August 3rd

and we shouldn't be tanking the europa. crappy coefficients could come back to haunt us.

Coefficients only matter if we qualify for Europe which is unlikely if we don't save players for the League games. Rodgers must know that a cup win at the expense of league placing is not what the owners want.

Coefficients only matter if we qualify for Europe which is unlikely if we don't save players for the League games. Rodgers must know that a cup win at the expense of league placing is not what the owners want.

We better get used to the idea of the Europa league because as things stand, thats the current level we find ourselves at. Champions League football is at least another 2-3 seasons away. Maybe longer.

Games in the Europa league SHOULD be easier than games in the Prem, allowing some players to gain some confidence for the league games. But thats in an ideal world of course. I guess we will find out how good some of our younger players are.

Every team wastes some money on players but the amount that we have wasted, going back to the Houllier days to the present day, beggars belief.

Some good signings but on the whole, wasted on dross. It had to catch up with us, it was only a matter of time.

More ups and downs on the way, no doubt.

just looking through all the free agents available. Kewell seems by far the fittest oddly enough, 25 games last season, 8 goals, 4 assists, and is in the country (apparently talked to stoke )

Rogers has said "we might get lucky" with unattached players, but is not getting his hopes up as there are few that could really make a difference.

I guess we are approaching one or two players then, going off that.

That would be ridiculously good tbh. I won't get my hopes up :D

No one. Are you trying to work out if I am slagging you off or not as I am not :D

No no. :D

For awhile I thought you supported US but then when I read some of the stuff you write, you use terms such as ' I hope you don't do the latter '. Then I'm thinking, are you not one of us? :D

Lets just see how things go. It is one day after a defeat to Arsenal. Although I dont expect it, we could comprehensively beat Sunderland and then scrape a win against Man Utd. Lets be positive :thup:.

Quite a bizarre reaction to Henry's letter. I thought it was fine, but then some people aren't satisfied until they get a scapegoat. Have seen some clowns posting elsewhere that they think FSG are getting ready to sell up, that they don't put in any of their own money so it shows they're not committed etc. Frankly absurd. I wish supporters would get over their need to know everything that's going on, it's frankly ridiculous how poorly supporters of this club treat their ownership considering what they prevented.

If Skrtel comes to the ball sooner he opens up the whole left hand side

And this is where your idiotic point falls apart. There is no threat on that left side, and there's an ample amount of players down that side preventing any long ball Cazorla plays down into that channel from being reached by Podolski provided the ball is played early, as you claimed. Even Reina could have reached the ball before Podolski if Cazorla had picked up the ball and played down that side, given Podolski was coming from well inside his own half.

This arguing over semantics is a bit ******** though. Perhaps you just enjoy making stupid point-scoring posts over irrelevant subjects?

I just dont see the point in arguing, We were outplayed by the better team, simple as. These things happen in football. We bossed Man City but only came away with a draw. Get over it!!!

i wouldn't play gerrard. teach him a lesson and bench him for being AWFUL.

you're better off with someone like jonjo, he looked good when he came on.

Short memories people. Last time Gerrard was out for a decent length of time we were praying for him to come back, and we don't have a good enough replacement for him at the moment.

That depends on what you term 'good enough' really. The Hearts game aside, I'd say Shelvey has looked far better in the league than Gerrard has. We shouldn't fear dropping a player based on reputation for a young one to get a chance who warrants it.

so we should keep playing him when he isn't performing because another time he performed well? Dropping him for Shelvey for one game isnt likely to do any harm and may make Gerrard up his game

I think dropping the club talisman and captain for a league game when he can still perform very well is a bad move. As would be dropping Reina.

It won't be as motivational as people seem to think it will be. Because I believe they are professional enough to not be so complacent that a token gesture drop isn't going to affect their performances on the pitch.

Shlevey had some absolute shockers in pre-season and people were screaming for him to be sold or put out on loan. A couple of decent performances and people are now saying he can take over from Gerrard?

have you ever thought that maybe the people saying he had a shocker and should be sold arent the same people saying he should be given a go now? and so what if Gerrard is the captain, if there is someone who can put in a better performance then they should be given a go instead, Shelvey has looked far more lively and creative when he has come on.

it's about the now man and gerrard hasn't got it right now. jonjo looks like he has it right now so give the boy a go, he might actually manage to not end up being the worst player on the pitch unlike scouse legend #king stevie.

and maybe help you out in teh game by not constantly passing the ball straight to your enemy??

i think captain will probably change next season anyway, Agger seems the obvious choice atm but Lucas could be in with a decent shout.

gerrard will be captain til he hangs up his boots. the dilemma is do you keep playing him until he plays himself into some form or drop him in the hope the rest will do him good?!

personally if i was manager i'd keep playing him. at least until its obvious its not gonna happen for him.

Shlevey had some absolute shockers in pre-season and people were screaming for him to be sold or put out on loan. A couple of decent performances and people are now saying he can take over from Gerrard?

Does anyone really put faith in pre-season performances? I don't, remotely. My point was simply that, on the basis of the three league games, Shelvey deserves that spot, or at least an attempt at it. Serious questions should be raised about Gerrard's discipline to play in a system where he has to play a key team role.

why do you presume that he'll be captain? Think BR is enough of a no-nonsense, knows what he wants guy, to choose someone else if he thinks its for the best