Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

The issue is, that diving was brought here by foreign players, it wasnt really a part of the game in the UK until the likes of Klingsman came over, now im not blaming him solely for it all, but he was the first player i ever saw taking a dive. So whilst your right, diving is not a foreign thing anymore, it was brought here by foreign players in the first place, and the UK press like to hide behind it, rather than face the facts that the UK players are as big cheats as the foreign guys now a days.

Nonsense, just complete and utter tripe. Ever see the likes of Franny Lee back in the 60s.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Attracted Coutinho ;) Suarez has scored tonight against France.
Neither were top top players when we signed them. Spurs turned Suarez down, and Coutinho was on fringes at Inter.

Only reason i could see Robben coming is that he's nothing left to win really. Wages would be too much for us though i'd guess.

A lot of players who transfer in England were not top players at the time. Even United; apart from Van Persie. The only team that really bought 'top players' is Chelsea. You'd even struggle to see 'top players' at Man City before they won the league. The likes of Yaya, Silva and Aguero were good players at the time of signing.

It's only Real, Barca, Chelsea and now PSG and Monaco who buy proven top players.

A lot of players who transfer in England were not top players at the time. Even United; apart from Van Persie. The only team that really bought 'top players' is Chelsea. You'd even struggle to see 'top players' at Man City before they won the league. The likes of Yaya, Silva and Aguero were good players at the time of signing.

It's only Real, Barca, Chelsea and now PSG and Monaco who buy proven top players.

Yaya, Silva and Aguero only 'good' players when City brought them :eek: Yaya was a top player at Barce and integral in their amazing year under Pep. Silva had proven himself in La Liga and Europe along with a few major National tournaments and Aguero was constantly scoring at club and international level for a number of years.

Eh, all the players you mentioned that City bought were coveted top class players, before they bought them. Toure could have had his pick of almost any club in Europe, Aguero exactly the same. The fact is City, beat Real to Aguero.

No they weren't. Yaya was dogs body filling in gaps in defence, Silva was a good young player at an under performing Valencia, and Aguero was knocking about with a midtable Madrid. It was only after they won the league did they become top class.

And if they were, then Suarez is included in their bracket; which makes Gizzy still a wrong tit.

Haha what? Do you really know that little about what goes on out with Liverpool?

Toure certainly was not just filling gaps, he was the mainstay defensive mid in probably one of the best ever Barca sides. Silva was a lot more than just a good player, he was a Spanish international who again could have picked almost ANY club in the world to play for.

You dont have to win the league to be top class players, if thats the case then none of your squad has ever been top class, despite you lot claiming Suarez is the worlds best player. Gerrard i guess has just been another middle of the road player who hasnt really done anything with his career.

Yaya wasn't. Do some research instead of rewriting history. He was playing in defence as Busquets was ahead of him in the defensive midfield department. Barcelona even said they're going to sell him in the summer prior to moving to Man City. Top class integral player indeed. I even remember people laughing at the transfer fee.

And like I said, Silva was a very good young player, become an integral part of winning a title; which made the step up from a good player to top class. Same as Aguero.

And I never said you HAD to win the league, but them doing so, being integral parts of that team, means they made the step up.

Yaya wasn't. Do some research instead of rewriting history. He was playing in defence as Busquets was ahead of him in the defensive midfield department. Barcelona even said they're going to sell him in the summer prior to moving to Man City. Top class integral player indeed. I even remember people laughing at the transfer fee.

And like I said, Silva was a very good young player, become an integral part of winning a title; which made the step up from a good player to top class. Same as Aguero.

And I never said you HAD to win the league, but them doing so, being integral parts of that team, means they made the step up.

Toure was a world class player, being rotated in the Barca side doesn't mean you're not world class, it means they've got so much talent they can afford to rotate. Fabregas is rotated there right now, he's still a world class player. Toure could've picked basically any side in Europe, because everyone knew he was top class but Barca have so many incredible midfielders he wasn't a guaranteed starter.

Aguero again was a world class player when he joined City, Silva I could understand an argument that he progressed further when he joined city, but the other two were certainly world class players already.

Judging players by whether their teams achievements (or whether they're integral parts of a winning team) is misleading, otherwise Suarez isn't world class, neither is Bale, because they've won nothing. You don't make the step up by winning something, you make the step up by improving as a player regardless of the team around you.

Really, I would have thought the person arguing on a subject when they haven't even defined the term they are discussing is the idiot. The problem with world class debates is there is no universal definition for what constitutes world class, and generally the two sides are arguing from completely different standpoints.

The ones laughing at the fee were probably the ones like you who hadn't watched him in La Liga and Europe for Barcelona just went off stats and wikipedia.

Oh dear, all i was saying was that we have to sign players that other clubs might not want to take risks on, as we couldn't get the likes of Aguero, Hazard, Cazorla, Oscar... people like that, because they want some thing(s) we can't offer. I even thought we were lucky that a player Sahin wanted to come to us, at the time.

Without getting into a debate about the definitions of names for standards of player, surely you can see where i'm coming from?

Haha showed up again for my lack of good english! I will learn one day :D

Howay milner. I know you well enough to know that probably won't happen :p.

You're*

:D

I was beginning to think it was the accepted 'jokey' manner of calling someone a moron. I'm sure most of the time I see someone calling someone a moron it's prefaced with "your".

SSN, wind it in a bit, yeah? Shows how brilliantly flimsy your logic is if you have to resort to this nonsense.

Same goes for those winding him up, it's easy enough to do without dropping to this level

Oh dear, all i was saying was that we have to sign players that other clubs might not want to take risks on, as we couldn't get the likes of Aguero, Hazard, Cazorla, Oscar... people like that, because they want some thing(s) we can't offer. I even thought we were lucky that a player Sahin wanted to come to us, at the time.

Without getting into a debate about the definitions of names for standards of player, surely you can see where i'm coming from?

Ignoring the slagging contest of above, I do see where you are coming from. Which is why getting Henrikh Mkhitaryan would be a massive coup for you lot if it happens, but I'd I have to be honest and say I don't see why he would choose Liverpool, could play for almost any club. In terms of the elite football he is looking for, it'd surely be a step down?

now was silva a good young player, or a very good young player? laughing away at this btw. its as if there are no top players outside england and barcelona and madrid.

Possible, also possible he's leaving and we are getting another keeper to challenge reina or maybe reina is still leaving and we replace him and get another young keeper for back up.
That's cleared that up then :)

Archived