Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

The issue is, that diving was brought here by foreign players, it wasnt really a part of the game in the UK until the likes of Klingsman came over, now im not blaming him solely for it all, but he was the first player i ever saw taking a dive. So whilst your right, diving is not a foreign thing anymore, it was brought here by foreign players in the first place, and the UK press like to hide behind it, rather than face the facts that the UK players are as big cheats as the foreign guys now a days.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The issue is, that diving was brought here by foreign players, it wasnt really a part of the game in the UK until the likes of Klingsman came over, now im not blaming him solely for it all, but he was the first player i ever saw taking a dive. So whilst your right, diving is not a foreign thing anymore, it was brought here by foreign players in the first place, and the UK press like to hide behind it, rather than face the facts that the UK players are as big cheats as the foreign guys now a days.

That's about as absurd an argument as "British believe in fair play". Well done.

Im not making an argument, im making an observation from my life of watching football. I did not see diving as a part of the game until there was a larger influx of foreign players in the UK. Now a days the UK players are as guilty as the rest.

The problem with that point is that a narrative requires initiation to become one. Even your point about diving is largely incorrect - whilst I agree Bale has a reputation, and it draws attention (see his booking in last[?] game of the season, the 'diving foreigners' is hyperbole that's existed since they started coming into the premier league. It's regarded as a foreign scourge.

This is the most annoying thing, and something I'm baffled people can't get into their heads: Cheating is not bound by nationality, ethnicity, religion, or any other demographic. It's human nature, full stop. Each incident should be judged on the severity of that incident, and without hypocrisy - which is an endemic trait unfortunately. And people flock to it - witness people loving managers who 'defend their players', even when the hyperbole a manager comes out with goes far beyond reality.

Perhaps I just have an issue with societies that lecture others on standards of behaviour and moral judgements without taking into account that the world doesn't develop at an equal pace. I'm honestly of the opinion a large chunk of the population need something - anything - to be offended or indignant about, even if they need to be told what it is.

+1 Would be good if you could just like or rep posts on here.

Fairly good season he had, but would prefer begovic if it was between the 2.

It was a bit better than fairly good, he was fantastic almost all season long. In fairness I wouldn't mind either Mignolet or Begovic, both are top keepers. This is a pretty dumb reason for preferring Mig, but I feel that he would fit in well to our Liverpool tradition of ridiculously talented keepers who can make the odd shambolic error. As a result I'm kind of drawn towards him :D

I do actually think that Mignolet can pull off a few more worldie saves than Begovic, who is ultra solid for the most part. Either would be great though.

It was a bit better than fairly good, he was fantastic almost all season long. In fairness I wouldn't mind either Mignolet or Begovic, both are top keepers. This is a pretty dumb reason for preferring Mig, but I feel that he would fit in well to our Liverpool tradition of ridiculously talented keepers who can make the odd shambolic error. As a result I'm kind of drawn towards him :D

I do actually think that Mignolet can pull off a few more worldie saves than Begovic, who is ultra solid for the most part. Either would be great though.

I know, didn't want to overhype a potential player like we have all done before :D

Are we going to have a defence to start the season?

It's grown on me that top. :(

It is better than the third kit, but I don't think I could admit to that.

i was starting to wonder when we've got toure, pierce apparently too and we've also made a firm offer for llori by the sounds of it aswell, along with maybe/hopefully papadopoulos.

and what are you on^^ that kit is atrocious :D

I have no objections to us selling Skrtel & Coates. I would be happy to see them both go (don't let DP read this :D). Agger I think should stay around.

The possibility of facing having to replace Reina, Agger and Suarez as well as general first team and squad depth strengthening that we wanted to do anyway, is a bit worrying if we hoped to kick on from last year.

Just need Mourinho now to say that to build his Chelsea team he needs a Makelele engine, and him to spend big on Lucas too.

Could be our worst window for a long time.

The possibility of facing having to replace Reina, Agger and Suarez as well as general first team and squad depth strengthening that we wanted to do anyway, is a bit worrying if we hoped to kick on from last year.

Just need Mourinho now to say that to build his Chelsea team he needs a Makelele engine, and him to spend big on Lucas too.

Could be our worst window for a long time.

Whatever happens it will be a good window. If Suarez stays great if he leaves we bring in 2 great players who don't get banned regaurly for long spells. Skrtel and Coates are poor, money will be put back into the club we will be fine.

I think we are £80 million in debt though, sure I read that somewhere after FSG wrote our debts off when they arrived.

selling and having to replace agger would be a nightmare, i hope everyone at the club is begging him to stay. won't be easy as i'm sure monaco will double his wages though.

They don't even have to double them, as he'd pay no tax, if they offer the same he'll effectively double his take home pay anyway :(

Whatever happens it will be a good window. If Suarez stays great if he leaves we bring in 2 great players who don't get banned regaurly for long spells. Skrtel and Coates are poor, money will be put back into the club we will be fine.

I think we are £80 million in debt though, sure I read that somewhere after FSG wrote our debts off when they arrived.

Interested in which great players you think you lot can attract these days tony?

Would think any great players would like to play CL football over the next few seasons and most will likely be out of your wage budget.

Silly gossip I know, but Suarez to Bayern for cash plus Robben? Any takers?

:D:D:D:D How much cash would you want? :D:D:D:D

No top players will move there, but plenty of good players will move there. There is no way Bayern are going to offer Robben and money for Suarez, no chance in hell. I'd be very very surprised if they are even remotely interested in Suarez.

Gizzyspops good at this trolling lark. Everyone respond to him!

The first part was a genuine question, the second I'll give you but come on even a straight swap for Robben isn't fair value.

You've tried to get a bite in the transfer thread, but was ignored because it was such a **** effort. We'll do the same here. Hopefully SRL88 can come in here and delete your posts, to save you from embarrassment.

:D

If you can point out anything I've said that is untrue I will happily delete it myself.

Interested in which great players you think you lot can attract these days tony?

Would think any great players would like to play CL football over the next few seasons and most will likely be out of your wage budget.

Attracted Coutinho ;) Suarez has scored tonight against France.

:D:D:D:D How much cash would you want? :D:D:D:D

Attracted Coutinho ;) Suarez has scored tonight against France.

Archived