Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

Summary

So, the King is dead, long live the King. The close season saw the departure of club legend Kenny Dalglish from the managerial hotseat, along with the Director of Communications, the assistant manager, the teaboy, a couple of boot cleaners and that bloke who sits outside the Kop asking for spare change.

Winds of change are blowing through Anfield and the arrival of Brendan Rogers promises a change of playing style to tika-taka passing. A change was very much needed after a dire 2nd half of last season in the league. The poor league form was not carried into the cups though, with a win at Wembley in the Carling Cup, followed by a defeat in the FA Cup, providing some high points for the club.

Fans were wary of the appointment of Brendan Rodgers, but it could prove an astute move. He is a young and ambitious manager with a definite philosophy on how the game should be played. He has been making all the right noises so far and the fans seem generally excited with the season ahead.

It was apparent the playing staff needed strengthened next season and it remains to be seen who we sign. Kuyt and Aurelio have already gone, with Aquilani and Maxi likely to follow them out of the exit door. Joe Cole has been thrown a lifeline and will return to Anfield to try and resurect his Liverpool career. No definite transfer targets currently exist except Gylfi Siggurdson from Hoffenheim, who played on loan with Rodgers at Swansea last season.

Last seasons league campaign was the worst since Liverpool were last promoted to the top flight of English football and Brendan Rodgers joins the club with expectations at their lowest since the early 90s. Rodgers is likely to be given time after the rash of managers we have had in the last few years. He will certainly have a baptism of fire with visits from Manchester City, Manchester United and Arsenal early in the season.

Fixtures - http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lfc-s-2012-13-fixtures-revealed

Team - http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/first-team

Players In

None yet

Players out

Fabio Aurelio (released)

Dirk Kuyt to Fenerbahce (800k)

Loans

TBC

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

No they can't, as the FA have said:

"Websites should have a license to publish data with the leagues whose fixtures they show, ie PL and FL via Football DataCo"

Mostly british, but also brought in Gylfi, Vorm and that guy from Orlandi. We've brought in Man City's head of scouting though, so I don't think what Rodgers did at Swansea will have much bearing (especially as that's really just the nature of transfers below the EPL).

No they can't, as the FA have said:

"Websites should have a license to publish data with the leagues whose fixtures they show, ie PL and FL via Football DataCo"

Are they not ways to get around it like;

These could be the fixtures OR here are the teams we could play on these dates ;) .....not sure if i made that very clear :D

with those 3 games that early on i am guessing there will be a feeling of dread leading up to that opening game. especially with those games so close to the beginning of the season, i worry how much of the new methods will be bed in by then.

are our only players potentially in the QFs of the euros the england lot?

Assuming we get through the Qualifying Round, we'll have had 4 Europa League games by the end of August. Ideally they'd be games to rest first teamers but if pre-season isn't great they'll be a good chance to give players some extra games to learn Buck's methods.

i was thinking that looking at the league fixtures.

maybe it wouldnt be a bad idea to keep everyone (including adam) and just add to the squad. we're not gonna get anywhere without rotation and the quality of the squad needs improving to help us compete on every level.

Really looking forward to this season - just hope at the very least we start looking like a side who wants to attack and press the ball with purpose.

Sticking my flag in the ground right now and saying I think Rodgers is going to be the business for us and he will get us back into the top 4 either this season or next.

brenny rodg has basically said that he's going to use pre-season to decide who to keep, assessing everyone in the current squad, so can't imagine us selling too many until then apart from those who already want to go.

gtfoohwts.

we've replaced dirk?

I'm guessing he meant that before when we only had Dirk "******** up the place" we now have multiple people who are "******** up the place" so he's been replaced as the player "******** up the place"?

I for one am excited like every year. I try to ignore all the nay sayers and leave my judgement for when signings are made and football is played! At first I wasnt sure of Rodgers appointment, I was hoping AVB would get the job but after reading articles and heard him speak I feel he just might be able to get it done!

Heres to an exciting new season!

YNWA!

Archived