The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just like Rooney to go 6-7 games without a goal and then get 2 :D

Why do the media keep asking if Rooney and RVP can play together?

Rooney has been able to play with every partner/combination asked of him. I doubt there's been such a versatile forward in football in a long, long time. Even Messi isn't as versatile with his ability to play with others as Rooney is.

Need to see it again but keeper could be coming for that? Pretty close to him.

Wondered the same, but looked a bit too flat and inswingy for me. He comes off his line and the slightest nick takes it past him.

Anderson for Scholes at half time? Next one he'll probably be off

Yeah, Scholes just a parody of himself today from the goal onwards. Need Ando on at the break, especially as we've looked threatening at time with players carrying the ball at the Stoke defence from deep.

Decent latter 25 minutes there, once RvP had decided (or was instructed) to offer a bit more movement. I can see Fergie's intention with Rooney doing the creating and Robin the finishing but I think we're so much better if they're both equally involved. Reckon Welbz has a goal in him today, been unlucky so far. Hopefully the goal will give Valencia the inspiration to come inside more in the second half as he was a passenger until that point.

Don't agree about Valencia being a passenger at all. Ridiculous statement.

One poor cross and one abysmal touch to set up a Stoke break was the sum of his contribution until the RvP goal as far as I can recall. Missed the first four minutes or so if he was a demon for those.

Cone on Nani. I want to see that backflip.
Nice to see Nani on.

Did well with what little he had I thought, couple of very useful touches. Valencia vastly improved in the second half too, would expect him against Chelsea as he usually does well against Cole. Be nice for Nani to get 90 minutes against Braga if he manages to go the next couple of days without suing Mats Daehli for stealing his smartphone and tablet designs.

Good enough showing today, first goal was a stupid freekick to concede and the second had a great deal of misfortune about it. Some very nice stuff going forward including some great interplay between Rooney, Welbeck and van Persie and some nice stuff with Valencia too in the second half. That team with AN Other alongside Carrick should probably start against Chelsea. For Braga would something like

DIG

Rafael

Smalling (if poss)

Evans

Buttner

Fletcher

Anderson

Nani

Kagawa

Welbeck

Rooney

Drop Carrick in at CB if Smalling isn't ready yet.

Any thoughts on the rumour I saw the other day about us wanting Shawcross back?

Comes around every 18 months or so. Absolutely not ta.

Archived