The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kagawa needs Cleverley, not Carrick and Scholes (and certainly not Giggs). That's my point.

So who wins the ball for Kagawa and Cleverley to go dancing about? Who protects our back line against the pace of Bale, Lennon, Walker, Sandro, Vertonghen & Dembele.

We start with Carrick, Scholes, Cleverley as a central 3 with Rooney & Nani wide left and right and RVP up top. When Scholes starts to tire we bring on the legs of Ando and then Welbeck for Rooney/RVP if we need a goal.

FFS have we been pants so far. :(

Not really had a sniff. Wouldn't want to be a player coming into that dressing room at half-time...

Unfortunately, not sure the team he has out there can be much better - needs to look at his own team selection not blame the players.

So who wins the ball for Kagawa and Cleverley to go dancing about? Who protects our back line against the pace of Bale, Lennon, Walker, Sandro, Vertonghen & Dembele.

We start with Carrick, Scholes, Cleverley as a central 3 with Rooney & Nani wide left and right and RVP up top. When Scholes starts to tire we bring on the legs of Ando and then Welbeck for Rooney/RVP if we need a goal.

We've already twice seen the protection afforded by Carrick and Scholes. At least Anderson and Cleverley have the legs to try to disrupt Spurs.

Penalty ffs :mad:

We've already twice seen the protection afforded by Carrick and Scholes. At least Anderson and Cleverley have the legs to try to disrupt Spurs.

Penalty ffs :mad:

Due to being outnumbered as SAF accomodates Kagawa who has been as useless as Giggs.

Scholes, Carrick, Cleverley, Rooney has a mixture of movement and ball retention that exceeds what is on there. I might accept Anderson for Scholes but certainly not Carrick.

Why are we reinventing the wheel here? We leave him out and bring Rooney or Cleverley in and the team looks miles better.

This result is a blessing imo, SAF will see that this lineup just does not work against decent teams that have any pace or ball retention. Put a team out that can keep the ball (and win it back) and the chances will come.

Rooney or Cleverley make up for "the Giggs problem" better than Kagawa but the problem really isn't Kagawa - it's Giggs.

....because that is what i said. :rolleyes:

I am saying that when you are the one constantly stealing from others, do not cry when someone steals from you. I never said that it makes the stealing acceptable. :brock:

We've not stolen anything from anyone. The fact refs have been inept in our favour doesn't mean we aren't allowed to complain about inept reffing going against us

We've not stolen anything from anyone. The fact refs have been inept in our favour doesn't mean we aren't allowed to complain about inept reffing going against us

I used stealing as an expression, not saying we LITERALLY stole off others.

I need someone who speaks Icelandic to translate. :mad:

Clear penalty, but we got a soft on Valencia last so guess we can't complain. Still sucks though.

Don't think we can come back and win this match. This Spurs team is too good for that. Why did they have to start playing well *now* though? Teams always do this against us :(

Hope we can get a point though it will be tough. Our squad is too top-heavy now and the hole in midfield is still there. Hard to really get around that.

I used stealing as an expression, not saying we LITERALLY stole off others.

I need someone who speaks Icelandic to translate. :mad:

No, you're original point just doesn't work unless it's about something we've actually done. Fair enough if we've got Nani/Young at their diving worst and someone dives against us. But refs being inept doesn't mean we can't complain about them being inept

Christ we've played badly this season, but that 45 minutes has to top it off. I'm pretty much resigned to losing the 3 points now.

Giggs is literally one of my favourite ever players but he's doing more harm than good by continuing to play, ala Gary Neville just before he called it a day.

Archived