Sports Interactive Community
ddidiodion

The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

Sky just lining the players up for interviews :D

Giggs, RVP and now Jones.

"I live my dreams through Dwight Yorke's phone" Nev :D

I wish I had MUTV.........................................................................

Haha Fergie telling it like it is in regards to Rooney. He would never say that normally.

**** off Wayne.

MUTV just confirmed it too, Ron's spent all day saying how he'll stay cos it's the only place for him.

Ron's face :-o

"Rio Ferdinand is the new David May. Every time i see the trophy Rio is there" :D

good riddance to him - sell him for 35 mill+ and get someone without an attitude.

What's his reasons for leaving? David Moyes? Ambitions? Don't don't he will go to a club challenging on all 4 trophies like we do.

What's his reasons for leaving? David Moyes? Ambitions? Don't don't he will go to a club challenging on all 4 trophies like we do.

Surely linked into the fact he is not the focal point of the team anymore?

Because he got subbed a few times but as Fergie has said Rooney playing well wouldn't get subbed off. Its his time to go, sell him.

Haha Fergie telling it like it is in regards to Rooney. He would never say that normally.

**** off Wayne.

What exactly did he say?

Ferguson: "I don't think Wayne Rooney was keen to play, simply because he's asked for a transfer. But we won't sell him."

"I don't think Wayne Rooney was keen to play simply because he's asked for a transfer. But we won't sell him." "We have refused it. I think he should go away and think about it again. He wasn't happy about being brought off in games this season. Wayne Rooney in top form wouldn't be taken off."

Rooney at PSG, Chelsea, Arsenal, anywhere else will not be the focal point either. He'll be average at best. He really isn't that good of a player. Even when he is the focal Eg England he isn't all that.

Thing is, he never is for England, the problem with England is they're always trying to plug in as many players who are focal points at their clubs into one team.

2 transfer requests in 3 seasons, he obviously doesn't really want to be here, get rid.

I'd take him in a heartbeat and hope he'd find his hunger at a new club. But he's one of the best players in the league when in form. We'd never pay 200k p/w though so it's moot.

Rooney at PSG, Chelsea, Arsenal, anywhere else will not be the focal point either. He'll be average at best. He really isn't that good of a player. Even when he is the focal Eg England he isn't all that.

Gah :D

He just looks sluggish these days, is it permanent or just a case of getting himself that much more fitter (and a mental issue)? As if it's the later he could still have a few more years at the top.

I think it's attitude. If we have to keep convincing him to stay his heart can't really be in it.

Only a select few clubs who could afford his wages tbh: City, Chelsea, Madrid, Barcelona, PSG? any others? Don't believe either Spanish club would want him - certainly won't get more games for them than for us! I can see it being City or Chelsea - but both of those may be new managers as well, would they want to splash a lot of cash on Rooney?

Reckon he'll stay because no-one will want him.

Papers are going to be full of such rubbish tomorrow. SAF "He's asked for a transfer but he's not going anywhere"

Tomorrows red tops: "ROONEY TO PSG"

Guarantee Rooney will still be here next season unless we somehow magically sort a deal for either Ronaldo or Bale.

Nothing to do with Moyes. He put the request in before Fergie announced his retirement.

Basically it's because this season he's not the focal point & United haven't had to tolerate his indifferent form & fluctuating weight issues because they've had better options.

He's far from average. When he's on form he can be exceptional.

Being inconsistent doesn't make him average.

He's surplus to requirements right now at United, but he's not average.

"I don't think Wayne Rooney was keen to play simply because he's asked for a transfer. But we won't sell him." "We have refused it. I think he should go away and think about it again. He wasn't happy about being brought off in games this season. Wayne Rooney in top form wouldn't be taken off."

That's the key part. Ferguson has repeatedly spoken about how he looks after himself in the close season.

He's rightly pointing out that if he stayed in shape and form he wouldn't be subbed off, up to Rooney to work harder.

Nothing to do with Moyes. He put the request in before Fergie announced his retirement.

Basically it's because this season he's not the focal point & United haven't had to tolerate his indifferent form & fluctuating weight issues because they've had better options.

2010 - Sign better players or I leave!

2013 - You signed better players, I'm leaving!

He's far from average. When he's on form he can be exceptional.

Being inconsistent doesn't make him average.

He's surplus to requirements right now at United, but he's not average.

But at what point does his lack of form mean he's actually average? I mean, I wouldn't say we've quite reached that point yet but if he doesn't sort himself out it won't be long

Where of the big clubs can Rooney go that will make him automatic selected regardless of his form? He has to step down a club to do that. Then there is his ridiculous wages.

Well if what he's done this season is close to average what would we say Kagawa or Welbeck have put in? They have the excuse of age and moving to a new club but I'd say both have done better than average and Rooney has been far better than either looking at the season as a whole.

Rooney has been good this season, however at a club like United 'good' frequently doesn't make the first 11 and he needs to start playing 'great' again if he wants to play every match.

He'd play every game at Chelsea next season and depending on how we adapt to life without Him, that might not be a step down at all.

Papers are going to be full of such rubbish tomorrow. SAF "He's asked for a transfer but he's not going anywhere"

Tomorrows red tops: "ROONEY TO PSG"

Guarantee Rooney will still be here next season unless we somehow magically sort a deal for either Ronaldo or Bale.

Fergie isn't going to say "and we have agreed to sell him" or similar because that will lower any bids that come in for him by a fair amount.

Of course he could stay but Fergie saying he will in no way means he will. Its not even his decision now.

Well if what he's done this season is close to average what would we say Kagawa or Welbeck have put in? They have the excuse of age and moving to a new club but I'd say both have done better than average and Rooney has been far better than either looking at the season as a whole.

Rooney has been good this season, however at a club like United 'good' frequently doesn't make the first 11 and he needs to start playing 'great' again if he wants to play every match.

He'd play every game at Chelsea next season and depending on how we adapt to life without Him, that might not be a step down at all.

Neither of which get paid 200k+ and have asked for transfers twice in the last 3 years?

Its also worth noting that Fergie saying what he did is a very clever way of allowing Moyes to sell without a negative backlash, if everybody foolishly was allowed to believe Rooney wanted to stay imagine the grief Moyes would get for selling?

Now he won't get any and its all on Rooney.

2010 - Sign better players or I leave!

2013 - You signed better players, I'm leaving!

I love this :D

Really? For me him saying "We won't sell. He'll be here next year", and then if Moyes does sell, it does have a "negative" effect on him.

Neither of which get paid 200k+ and have asked for transfers twice in the last 3 years?

Neither of which is relevant in the slightest to the point I was making.

Really? For me him saying "We won't sell. He'll be here next year", and then if Moyes does sell, it does have a "negative" effect on him.

Of course not, because they can simply re-affirm he wants to leave. If they say nothing until then people would think Moyes is the reason. We know now he isn't.

Of course not, because they can simply re-affirm he wants to leave. If they say nothing until then people would think Moyes is the reason. We know now he isn't.

I didn't say they should say nothing? :confused: "He requested it 2 weeks ago."

But Ferguson saying for definite he's not leaving, then for Moyes to come in and Rooney to push and leave will raise questions of Moyes not being able to keep him.

We know he wants to go and good, he can go, but just what could be said.

Why would it have a negative effect on him? He wants to go.

Ice basically explained it perfectly :D

This is going to be one hectic summer. The media is going to have a field day.

I didn't say they should say nothing? :confused:

But Ferguson saying for definite he's not leaving, then for Moyes to come in and Rooney to push and leave will raise questions of Moyes not being able to keep him.

No it won't. Moyes can do exactly the same and say no, buckle down because you are staying here.

No it won't. Moyes can do exactly the same and say no, buckle down because you are staying here.

Which isn't the scenario brez said about him leaving in the summer? :confused:

Was going to look for that gif :cool:

Vidic risking his own life there :D

Neither of which is relevant in the slightest to the point I was making.

Of course it is relevant - you're comparing players, who we should be expecting different performances from. That's why we pay players different amounts of money!

e.g.I could say that Evra played better than Buttner but that's not a big surprise because Evra is paid more and we expect more as a result! You're talking about the most highly paid player at Utd, who we should be expecting the BEST performances from. Otherwise it's an insult to the rest of the squad.

Anyway I disagree that Rooney was any better than Welbeck this season - SAF obviously thought so because he picked him ahead of Rooney in our single most important game of the season when both were fit. Now you're going to quote goals and assists to me but I can see who wants to play for us out of the two players and I'd pick him any time.

Utd have had a history over the years of being a club, who have players who want to play for us because they love the club. Why did RVP choose us over City? It certainly wasn't money. Why did Ole stay for so long when he was sub so often - it wasn't for money? If Rooney's having a strop at the biggest club, let him go, he's not worth it. Bad attitudes don't stay at Utd, they disappear to clubs and their careers normally go backwards once they've left. Outside of Ronaldo, I'm struggling to think of a player who has left Utd and got better.

Well, Ruud won more league titles after leaving than he did with us... That's off the top of my head, doubt I'd find many tbf