The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paddy really is a clown. Unless somebody at the club tells him directly he always refuses to believe it.

You can have somebody directly quote Sir Alex, Sir Bobby, David Gill or any of the players at him & he'll say "Oh, i don't believe that, you have to be lying, the club would have told me if that had happened."

I know he's a lovely bloke towards United fans, but he's still an absolute wazzock.

I thought he was pretty promising a few years ago - a pretty good centre-back and left-back at youth level.

At Tranmere, he failed to show up for training. :thdn:

He's also been convicted of drink-driving and driving down the wrong direction on a one-way road. :thdn::thdn:

Interesting post on BBCS sports feed:

Julien Laurens, football journalist for French newspaper Le Parisien, says on Twitter: "Very reliable sources tell Le Parisien that Sir Alex Ferguson called Carlo Ancelotti last week to ask him to succeed him. He was surprised and flattered but politely declined the offer. So Sir Alex Ferguson then turned to second choice David Moyes."

Ancelotti would have more than match Gill's need for domestic and european experience, interesting in true - not that it matters now!

Apparently Sean McGinty has been kicked out by Fergie after his latest misdemeanours on loan at Tranmere. Another kid lacking a few brain cells it seems, but he was never going to make it here anyway.

Noted that it was his #44 shirt that Januzaj was awarded a few weeks back.

Another penalty, another goal from Cole.

Haha a second penalty. Really good advantage by the referee. John Flanagan is one of the wost players I have seen in Liverpool's first team.

Surprised didn't go back and book for that first tackle. Good refereeing otherwise though

Stephen Sama's misery continues. Gave away a pen, got booked and was lucky not to get sent off yet again. Cole has given us the lead.
He has an incredible record against us, doesn't he? Sent-off in a youth game against us, sent-off in the first leg, now this... And I've probably forgotten other games.

Flanagan surely banned for the first 2 games of the U21's league next year as well? 3 match ban for violent conduct or offensive/insulting/abusive language towards the ref.

Edit- red card definitely for kicking the ball at Januzaj apparently

Interesting post on BBCS sports feed:

Julien Laurens, football journalist for French newspaper Le Parisien, says on Twitter: "Very reliable sources tell Le Parisien that Sir Alex Ferguson called Carlo Ancelotti last week to ask him to succeed him. He was surprised and flattered but politely declined the offer. So Sir Alex Ferguson then turned to second choice David Moyes."

Ancelotti would have more than match Gill's need for domestic and european experience, interesting in true - not that it matters now!

Would literally LOVE to know if that's true.

So, took my 4 year old boy to OT for the last home game of the season. Surreal. Booked 3 months ago. Knew there would be a trophy involved, never knew it was gonna be that special....

Had to return in time so we couldn't attend the parade. Feel jaded though. It feels so good to be at OT, even if it's once a season, but it feels weird to go back home every time.

Ah well, bring on next season, hopefully I will be able to attend another game.

Rio Ferdinand has today announced his retirement from international.

In a statement, the Manchester United defender said: "After a great deal of thought, I have decided the time is right for me to retire from international football.

"At the age of 34, I feel it is right for me to stand aside and let the younger players come through, which allows me to concentrate on my club career. The team looks in great shape and there is an influx of young, talented players coming through the ranks which bodes well for the future.

"I regard it as a great honour and a privilege to have represented my country at every level from under-17s upwards. I have always been very proud to play for England.

"I would like to wish Roy and the team all the best for future tournaments. A big thank you to all the fans, managers, coaching staff and players that I have worked alongside - the journey has been incredible."

The right decision I think, no more speculation and leaves him to concentrate on us

Archived