The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many times could that thug have been sent off ffs :D I stopped counting at 7 potential bookings and then there was the elbow on Vidic late on. Anyone see him trying to elbow de Gea in the ribs during their altercation? Officials just ***** throughout.

Kagawa such an infuriating player. Incredible stuff for both goals but so, so sloppy at times. **** knows what he was up to for their second, bimbling over to a controlled situation to leave his man completely unmarked.

One positive from the night is that we can remove all doubt that there are definitely two Valencias, and we're trapped in some sort of binding agreement whereby the **** one has to score or something to allow us to bring the good one on. Deft touches, first time passes, determined runs - yes runs, think I even saw a decent cross or two. The two flicks he played to Rafa and RvP in the final ten minutes or so couldn't have even been attempted by the imposter who's been ambling up and down the line for the past 12 months or so. More of the same please.

It'd be nice to see Cleverley and Carrick together in centre mid next game. The rest are much of a muchness atm - who is in any sort of good form?

Maybe we just need to give up on a midfield combination and go with the Icelandic 4-Carrick-5.

Terribly frustrated now. Hopefully we beat Villa though. That will basically decide it. But if we play like we currently do, anyone is a match for us. We need to start caring.

I really do think Rooney is off in the summer. Just wasn't arsed tonight apart from the ball which RvP headed back to Jones who messed it up.

Valencia is poo. Properly poo. The sooner he's gone the better.

Rooney goes off, Kagawa gets 10 minutes in his best position & we equalise with a massive input from him then he gets subbed. Ferguson is so frustrating at times.

Bringing Giggs on? Nani kicking his heels on the bench when Valencia is being crap yet again?

Ferguson needs to grow some balls and drop Rooney and play Hernandez or Welbeck so we can score goals and take the lead.

This. Rooney just so awful atm, has had the touch of a lumbering oaf for the past several games.

Perhaps a bit too soon to be thinking about lineups for Villa but we need to play the best team possible.

DeGea

Rafael

Vidic

Evans

Evra

Nani

Carrick

Cleverley

Welbeck

Van Persie

Hernandez

As much as it pains me, it has to mean Nani is off. It doesn't make any sense to have him sitting on the bench and watching Valencia do his kick and run routine or float crosses over guys most times every match. I know I'm a bit hyperbolic here, but it's been a whole season, and Valencia has mostly been dross a whole season, and meanwhile Nani has sat on his arse on the bench. The only way to make sense of it is that Nani is on the way out. Which itself doesn't make any sense given the above :(

I was fine with bringing Giggs on btw. At least he gives a ****.

Peoples opinions are funny. Anyone thinking Nani is inconsistent needs to take a look at the stats. It's funny how preconceptions are created.

There was something on sky sports news earlier in the season showing that Nani was right up there for assists & chances created in the last 3 years or so. Basically it was between him & Silva for top spot. Play him in his best position for a decent run of games & he's one of the best in Europe.

If we sell Nani we're left with Young, Valencia & Zaha. That's scary & not in a good way.

It was obvious Nani is off months ago tbh. That mistake against Chelsea in the league cup was the final nail in the coffin.
Months ago being that period where he was injured and people were saying he's off because he wasn't playing because he was injured?

Nani one of those with bags of talent and potential and doesn't show it. The amount of times he tries to take on 2 players or when he should pass/cross rather then shoot or when he crosses either hits it under or over.

If I could would sell

Anderson - 1 game in 1 month just doesn't cut it and when he does plays only for 75mins before he subbed off due to tiredness.

Nani - see above

Rooney - over hyped over rated

Young - just not United level

I prefer Valencia as RB rather then Jones/Smalling but is he happy playing there?

When Nani had his run in the team he was making the correct decisions and his assists and goals showed that. When he's out the team and gets the odd game, he tries too hard to do something.

Would be pissed off if we sold Nani.

If Nani was off why did he start ahead of Valencia against Madrid? If anything I would argue Valencia starting in the last few weeks is an indication that he's the one who will be off. Shop window & all that. Plus if we are honest he's not been the same player since his ankle was broken.

Don't get people still picking Valencia over Nani. I mean Valencia 'more reliable', wtf? Have you watched him this season?

Didn't think Rooney was that bad really, don't think he was helped by Kagawa playing so narrow for much of the game.

Lets instead look at misplaced passes,

Really :D

shots off target

Fair play on this one - hard to get shots off target when you have a mortal fear of the final third

possesion given away in your own half

Really? :D

Nani of the 3 probably commands the highest wages and highest sell on price. A key factor maybe?

Can't imagine there's a huge difference between Nani and Young on wages. Not much between them and maybe Valencia too on transfer fee either considering Nani is in his final year.

Plus if we are honest he's not been the same player since his ankle was broken.

That's just not true though, he was absolutely fine when he came back in our run in to the Champions League final and in patches in the early parts of 2011-2012. I have no idea what has gone wrong, but laying blame on the injury is an excuse that just doesn't hold water.

It does hold water when he pulls out of every challenge. He's a big guy yet he's always jumping out of 50/50 challenges. He doesn't even use his strength anymore. There was about 5 minutes after his goal where he looked something like the old Valencia but he just disappeared after that. I actually thought he had been subbed off for Giggs he was that quiet.

Really can't believe Carroll didn't get sent off last night. There were at least 2 instances where the cameras showed him intentionally throwing his elbow into DDG and Vidic, the kick out at Rooney and the attempt to just knock DDG out rather than actually challenge for the ball.

What a disgusting player.

Jones in midfield :( No amount of running around and energy can make up for lack of passing and awareness. Stick to defender.

Giggs coming on in front of Cleverley or Nani :(:(

Kagawa should only play off the striker, give him the rest of the season there please.

Really can't believe Carroll didn't get sent off last night. There were at least 2 instances where the cameras showed him intentionally throwing his elbow into DDG and Vidic, the kick out at Rooney and the attempt to just knock DDG out rather than actually challenge for the ball.

What a disgusting player.

Provoked by Rooney stamping on him first, so I think we can let that one slide.

It does hold water when he pulls out of every challenge. He's a big guy yet he's always jumping out of 50/50 challenges. He doesn't even use his strength anymore. There was about 5 minutes after his goal where he looked something like the old Valencia but he just disappeared after that. I actually thought he had been subbed off for Giggs he was that quiet.

It doesn't because he was doing none of those things for a good while after he came back, whatever is going on has only been during the last year or so.

Henry?

Kagawa will be brilliant when he actually gets played where he's best. Had a decent first season despite it being a bit stop start. Seen & heard a few people having a go at him for the match last night but he got two assists and looked like the only player happy to be on the ball and take a touch.

Jones in midfield :( No amount of running around and energy can make up for lack of passing and awareness. Stick to defender.

Giggs coming on in front of Cleverley or Nani :(:(

Kagawa should only play off the striker, give him the rest of the season there please.

Agree with gizzyspop again. Jones just does not do it for me in midfield. Nowhere near as good as Cleverley, Anderson etc, because he just isn't a midfielder.

As for the title 'race', I'm not nervous at all at the moment, but if we somehow manage to lose at home to Villa then I'll start to be. Saying that, if we can't beat Villa at home, maybe we deserve to get pipped again :D

Kagawa very, very, very hit and miss. Last night summed up his season pretty well - two great pieces of work for the goals amid a lot of rudimentary mistakes. Wherever he's playing he should be able to trap a ball and manage not to look like he's sleepwalking through half the match.

Imagine how good Anderson and Nani will be when (?) they get to a team that use them right.

This is what I thought when I seen rumours of Nani going to Arsenal, they would use him so much better than us :(

Also think the same for Hernandez :(

I see Ferguson has said he took Rooney off because he was playing badly (well I think he said worse than Shinji), nice bit of public criticism. The PSG drum beats ever louder. His half hearted denial of the rumours doesn't help much.

Yeah, he said: "I don't think there is anything in that at all,"

"As far as taking him off the other night it was simple - he wasn't playing as well as Shinji [Kagawa] was."

Not exactly a denial is it? He's leaving the door open for a bid.

Young out for season with ankle apparently as well.

Would be very well deserved. He may not have the same appeal to neutrals as RvP, Bale or Suarez but he's every bit as important to our team.

As I've seen on twitter, if RvP hadn't been here, we'd have Hernandez to play up top (who has one of the best goals to minutes ratio for the season, if not the best). If we didn't have Carrick, we'd be relying on Anderson. /o\

It irks me slightly when people make points about us being nowhere near as good if we didn't have RVP. We would have had Hernandez scoring more, Welbeck would have also scored more or we would have bought someone else(Lewandowski). He has been very good but I wouldn't say he has exceeded expectations.

Carrick on the other hand has improved to a point where he is crucial.

Partly due to SAF refusing to acknowledge this is our weakest point in the team. Our centre midfield apart from Carrick is two old crocks, an ill scot, an overweight Brazilian and Cleverley! Someone remind me why Pogba was sold again?

Oh and Jones.

This is what I thought when I seen rumours of Nani going to Arsenal, they would use him so much better than us :(

Also think the same for Hernandez :(

I don't want him to leave because he is our best winger by some distance. But for his own sake, I think he needs to leave. He needs to join a club that uses him right, that lets him play as a more offensive winger with fewer defensive responsibilities.

Would love it for Carrick to win player of the year. He has been arguably our most important player the last couple of years, the central cog that keeps the machinery ticking. I would be more worried if he got a longterm injury than for example Rooney or RVP. It's probably between RVP, Bale and the racist, as offensive players usually win these things, but I don't think it would be out of place if Carrick won it. He has been truly excellent this season too.

Archived