Sports Interactive Community
ddidiodion

The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

Did we expect anything less? Actually scratch that, I predicted 4-0 hahaha..

RVP is really off form, could have chested that, winked at Taylor and buried it.

Kagawa twice tries the wrong thing in the wrong place

Mehh, Reading wouldn't have scored if we'd played for a month

Just 3 league goals conceded this year. Don't think anyone envisaged that earlier this season.

Anderson played 85th mins. Out now for 2 months.

I hope so after that performance.

Everyone arguing the finer points of the English language with Andrew forgetting that he was steadfast in his assertion that 'could of' was an acceptable replacement for 'could have'?

I really, really like Buttner. Not in the sense that I want him to be our first choice or play more than 15 games a season, mind you. I just really like him on the pitch

Yeah, rather cult is young Alexander. The tats, the attitude, the propensity to throw a couple of stepovers before spanking one from 30 yards... probably never going to be first choice quality but you need players like him over the course of a season.

OMG WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL RSB?!?![/spazout]

Nice edit :p

And Rooney

Did you really want it to continue? :D What i find acceptable here is different to others.

Ah, because of the goal.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe

537 - Manchester United have now gone 537 minutes without a conceding a goal in the Premier League. Solid.

Today really highlighted how amazing De Gea's kicking is. That's not even based on our game fwiw :D Watched the City game and Hart is so poor with the ball at his feet! Makes a huge difference to have a keeper who can actually distribute the ball well from any scenario, even if it's just clearing it into touch without problems. Hart had a goal kick that he didn't even get over the half way line ffs

think we vds and now de gea we take gk distribution for granted a bit. even just with lindegaard in net it's easy to see how much a positive difference it makes. massively overlooked area of goalkeeping imo

(Late to the party as I was out drinking yesterday)

Rio!!!!! :lol: What a run, man. What a run. Didn't know he had this in him (any more).

"Rio 5, Rio 5, running down the err wing" :D

The reserves are playing in 20 minutes if anyone wants to swap the riveting Norwich game for a probably less riveting reserves game. Interestingly Daehli is on the bench which may mean he is in the squad for the Dallas cup.

Does anyone know where to a find a detailed set of stats/average positional graphs (and anything else like that) for our players? More specifically, I'm wanting ones for Welbeck against Madrid.

WhoScored have a decent set of Opta stats - their Madrid coverage here. No average positional graphs though.

ESPN do have some heatmaps but they seem to have declined in quality since the site revamp. There's also some stuff on the fishal waffa site.

An unlikely candidate may be fantasyfootballscout. You can check some comparison stuff in this video. If I recall correctly, there was some positional info too. It's not free though, and I don't know if they include all matches or just PL matches.

WhoScored have a decent set of Opta stats - their Madrid coverage here. No average positional graphs though.

ESPN do have some heatmaps but they seem to have declined in quality since the site revamp. There's also some stuff on the fishal waffa site.

An unlikely candidate may be fantasyfootballscout. You can check some comparison stuff in this video. If I recall correctly, there was some positional info too. It's not free though, and I don't know if they include all matches or just PL matches.

Cheers fellas some good information there, all of which was exactly what I was looking :thup: The UEFA site actually had some really good stuff where you could pinpoint an individual players key moments in the game, unsurprisingly all Xabi Alonso's moments are after the sending off.

Yes, he is very important for them. I wonder if we could have managed to hold on if we still had Welbeck on him instead of shifting him wide. Of course, Mourinho could then have done something different down our sides.

The new & inventive excuses we put out there when we don't want players appearing for international teams never ceases to amuse me.

Judging from his twitter account it looks like we have agreed to sign Bruno Gomes from Desportivo next year. He looked very good for Desportivo in the Milk Cup iirc.

Isn't that old news? I think this was completed a couple of months ago

Nah it was suggested that he and quite a few others were coming but not confirmed. Gomes obviously didn't know it was completed if it was judging from his tweets!

Love that :lol:

Just a heads up to those interested in our (hopefully) future stars: The U21s are playing Arsenal today, in about an hour I think.

How many players do you have sitting on 4 or 5 appearances short of a medal and who you reckon will be shoe-horned in to get one?

Come on, you're not seriously scared of the jinx, are you. It's over! :D Middle of April, said it long time back, maybe from January. It's safe, it's not like last season. Honest

It's nothing like last season, City are completely inept and would be lucky to gather 15 points from the last 9 games, never mind overtaking us

Should never have been defending it :mad:

Well, technically you could say they haven't defended it at all :D

That's cause yours was worst title defence ever too :p

Don't make me start a thread :mad:

Jones needs 1 while Lindegaard needs 2. Fletcher, Powell and Buttner both stuck on 2.

Stuck on 2 meaning they need 8? Damn, Lindegaard needs 2, that's gonna screw up my fantasy league team :mad:

Yeah, not a great game by them, and they lost it right at the death. Frustrating to watch the Arse blokes throwing themselves to the floor all the time though.