The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Zaha was a Jan buy?

Do we really need another defender? Think we've got enough options there tbh. Squad doesn't need bulking up but we do need a world class buy in midfield but they cost too much money...

Depends on the long term fitness of Vidic and Rio. If both will stand up to another full season then no, but if there are doubts over either i would say a defender is important. You really need a player who can change a game when its not going that well. Hopefully Kagawa develops into that player i quite like him. United just dont seem to have that killer ball in them outwith Carrick.

Left winger coming in to stand in front of Young while Nani and Zaha fight for the right side. A midfielder (please God a midfielder) and Fabio returns to rotate with Rafa meaning we are well covered at the back with Buttner, Evra, Evans, Smalling, Vidic & Rio. Jones can carry on with his DM cameo roles and the sales will be.............Rooney, Tony V & Lindergaard.....Anderson gets one more slice of the pie.

You really need a player who can change a game when its not going that well. Hopefully Kagawa develops into that player i quite like him.

Once again creating chances or scoring goals hasn't been our issue; it's at the other end - see the ridiculous number of times we've come from behind this season. We need at least one, more likely two, defensive minded midfielders - a screener and a destroyer. Not superstars to play every game but someone to rotate in for Carrick to allow him the breathers that would have helped him from being so jaded at times over the past month, and to play alongside him against the harder sides. Would also allow Cleverley to press further up the pitch without leaving gaping holes.

Since Nani now, sadly, seems to be off we badly need a winger (though if we bring in some more established midfield quality then the diamond could be resurrected). Valencia looks like a busted flush and Young is unreliable at best, while the third best young player in the Championship isn't the answer in the short term, if at all. Anderson also seems to be off somewhat unfairly, but we've got Powell, Kagawa and a veritable creative midfielder factory in the reserves so it seems a bit pointless to sign another playmaker given the number of forwards we have and Kagawa's struggles to integrate so far.

Would hope the Keanes (if Will stays) and obviously Powell get some chances next season.

It's not happening, just chill. The names change, the ridiculous of the "rumour" doesn't.

(This was to Raggae)

But to make you favourite ahead of Chelsea and Real is something. Also find it strange that Atletico did not deny that United had made an approach for him.

Balague has said that United have paid an advanced fee for Falcao, similar to what they did for De Gea to get him so shows they are willing to 60million Euros for him. Surely if to happen than Rooney will have to be off than? If anything that would be a great piece of business.

Balague has said that United have paid an advanced fee for Falcao, similar to what they did for De Gea to get him so shows they are willing to 60million Euros for him. Surely if to happen than Rooney will have to be off than? If anything that would be a great piece of business.

Yep, this is definitely true...........

9/10 when it's a source from Spain I trust Balague. Always one step ahead of English media for any stories. Knew about the Pochettino appointment before others, Pep leaving etc.

While he got those 2 right, Balague must get things wrongs at a ratio of 4 to 1 in favour of being wide of the mark

That doesn't make any sense. Why would we have to pay to be able to bid? Why have other teams not had to pay? You don't charge teams a fee to bid for your players.

The only way we've given any money upfront like we did with DdG would be because we have agreed to sign him. DdG said he wasn't moving until after the internationals he was involved in were over, we agreed the deal & then he signed at the later date as agreed.

I don't think your paying to be able to bid, that's along the lines of first option.

I just think it's you've paid x amount and will pay x amount at a later date to sign him. If another club buys him than Man U get their money back, it's just a sign to Athletico that you're willing to meet their valuations and are serious in getting him.

I don't think your paying to be able to bid, that's along the lines of first option.

I just think it's you've paid x amount and will pay x amount at a later date to sign him. If another club buys him than Man U get their money back, it's just a sign to Athletico that you're willing to meet their valuations and are serious in getting him.

A sign to who now?

Archived