The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Job nicely done. Carrick really is just brilliant at what he does. I see some Young bashing near the top of the page and I must say he was ******* me off at times today, but then I have never thought him good enough for us, unfortunately.

Job nicely done. Carrick really is just brilliant at what he does. I see some Young bashing near the top of the page and I must say he was ******* me off at times today, but then I have never thought him good enough for us, unfortunately.

Even if he were good enough, his style doesn't suit anyway. He slows attacks down too much.

So... City can max get 84 points, and that's if they beat us. 3 more wins and we have number 20 :cool: Or beat City and it's basically done.

Didn't get to see the match, but I saw RVP's goal. Would be nice if he gets the credit, but doubt it.

Thought Evans was triffic yesterday, some Rio-esque defending at times. Not so sure Nani starts tomorrow, think it could be Welbeck-Rooney-Giggs off Hernandez.

Between Gardner clutching his face and them contesting the de Gea drop ball and not returning possession when Young thought RvP was injured I thought Sunderland showed themselves to be quite a nasty bunch.

Agree with those wanting Young sold. Apart from doing something pretty special once every few months he really doesn't offer anything.

At least with Valencia we know he can be a great out and out winger, he's just in some serious lack of form. Whereas Young's just not good enough.

I'm glad they didn't return the ball. Let the ref stop the game if he thinks it's necessary. It wasn't. Just trying to waste time.

And didn't they have the ball before the drop ball? Why wouldn't they contest it?

We returned the ball to them in an identical situation in the first half (player putting the ball into touch when he thought a teammate was injured only for them to have already recovered). If we were trying to waste time then why did RvP get up?

For the drop ball, they had possession which was why Young wanted to return the ball to them uncontested... as happens with practically every instance where the game stops for an injury to the keeper following a collision.

Young has had as much of a stop-start season as Valencia, I would be certain they are both here next season as the kind of money we would have for replacements will get us players who are worse.

If one of the forwards leaves then we might see a winger bought but while we have five "forwards", the wings are the outlet to give game time to Kagawa & Welbeck....even Rooney too.

I think gone are the days of Monaco coming in for English players, isn't it? Are they that much of a draw these days for a player even?

Young to Everton and cash and Fellaini coming from Everton is my 'outside prediction' but the reality is he probably isn't going anywhere

They had a wealthy owner for a bit and look like coming back up to the top flight just not sure it's the draw it once was seeing as we have seen English players even at midtable Spanish clubs like Jermane Pennant ... in those days with Hoddle it was rarer, I guess. There doesn't seem to be much indication they will come shopping in England either, especially with Premier League wages these days, no matter how rich you are.

Also, overseas players may have to start paying tax there soon, in line with FFP and all sorts. Sure there's something about that recently too which means they lose the advantage of being able to pay more. Are they even gonna super spend when they go up, really need to be right at the top for that to work, can see them easing into it a little more

I think gone are the days of Monaco coming in for English players, isn't it? Are they that much of a draw these days for a player even?

Young to Everton and cash and Fellaini coming from Everton is my 'outside prediction' but the reality is he probably isn't going anywhere

We are not signing an offensive midfielder, we are filled to the brim with those and have more coming through the ranks. If we buy a midfielder (United fans at this point are allowed to laugh), it will be a DM.

I know he wasn't coming, just jesting as that was the main talking point some months back. Thought I'd make you explode

In the press it was while here it was just us making fun of the more naive posters like Scott & Craig. I think you have overplayed your card in our thread so we are used to you now.....a bit like a reverse Leppard but just as welcome. :D

It's friendly and obvious trolling though, like 'frolling'. I know that you know that I know that you know that I know ... and so on

I honestly couldn't be arsed to genuinely troll anyone, no point. I never go into any thread and say 'Gaaaaa, you lost', it's stupid.

Also, forget Lepperd, aggresive minor is the true closet fan ;)

Little wonder therefore that the Mexican has been linked with a move away from United.

However, Ferguson has told any potential suitors not to waste their time by even making an inquiry.

"He's on a long contract and we won't be entertaining any interest from anyone," said Ferguson.

"As far as we are concerned he is a really important player.

It is Razzler, the lesser spotted troll. :cool:
Practically giving him a lift to his new club there, if you ask me ...

Speaking of the Devil... ;)

I'm slightly surprised nobody picked up on my wrong math yesterday. Said City could only get 84 points, when they can in fact get 86. Not that it matters much. As long as we don't lose to them, any small hope they have will quickly vanish after the next league match. Going forward, it will be interesting to see what SAF does in terms of squad rotation if we crash out of the FA Cup. The league will be sewn up fairly soon and normally you'd expect him to play 'weaker' teams in the league for experience and... wink-wink nudge-nudge... medals. But with the possibility of only league games the last month of the season, he may not want to do that, and try to grab the points record instead.

Fellaini is what we need, he plays attacking at Everton but that isn't his true position, he is Box-toBox if anything.

Hernandez he won't be sold.

Out of curiosity, what do you think we need? I assumed it was competition which then becomes long term replacement for Carrick.

I have had it in my head for a while as we need someone who can play in a midfield 2 next to Cleverley. He's got to have enough attacking threat so as to not leave it all on Cleverley and be good enough defensively to not leave us exposed when they play together.

Never seen Stoorman play so I have no idea what he's like, I wanted Javi Martínez before he went to Bayern.

I have had it in my head for a while as we need someone who is able to play in a midfield 2 next to Cleverley. He's got to have enough attacking threat so as to not leave it all on Cleverley and be good enough defensively to not leave us exposed when they play together. Not to say he'll be playing in a midfield 2 all that often with Cleverley, but if he can I think he'll have all the things he needs to succeed here.

Never seen Stoorman play so I have no idea what he's like, I wanted Javi Martínez before he went to Bayern.

Edit: and he also has to be able to do this

ig53gwOw9Aqtd.gif

But not this

iZvCEWuhRznR.gif

Can't believe he's still wearing 5 year old boots :thup:

Wait... AM isn't a red?!

Out of curiosity, what do you think we need? I assumed it was competition which then becomes long term replacement for Carrick.
I have had it in my head for a while as we need someone who is able to play in a midfield 2 next to Cleverley. He's got to have enough attacking threat so as to not leave it all on Cleverley and be good enough defensively to not leave us exposed when they play together. Not to say he'll be playing in a midfield 2 all that often with Cleverley, but if he can I think he'll have all the things he needs to succeed here.

Edit: and he also has to be able to do this

ig53gwOw9Aqtd.gif

But not this

iZvCEWuhRznR.gif

Can't believe he's still wearing 5 year old boots :thup:

Still maintain (as do the majority of Everton fans, that I've encountered anyway) that Fellaini is at the very least the closest to that that's out there, even though he typically plays further forward due to Everton's options. Can't see many alternatives available - previously there were some half hearted suggestions of the Juve midfielders and as giddy as I was getting when there was talk of us at the prospect of getting Asamoah the strength of Serie A is very debatable atm. Same goes for Gundogan et al in the Bundesliga, particularly given Shinji 'best player in Germany' Kagawa's struggles to adapt. Long term they're an option, but I've yet to hear a solid short/medium term solution.

Of course if (*if*) Fletcher can come back properly and do 2-3 years as a screening DM then that's a huge benefit and a burden off Carrick's shoulders. Likewise Jones' performances up to and including the Real game suggested a greater discipline for the DM role that I had hitherto granted him.

Those gifs though \o/

It's friendly and obvious trolling though, like 'frolling'. I know that you know that I know that you know that I know ... and so on

I honestly couldn't be arsed to genuinely troll anyone, no point. I never go into any thread and say 'Gaaaaa, you lost', it's stupid.

Ahhh yes Razzler with his obsession, despite the fact you constantly post in here much more than I do... But keep the thought going!

Ahhh yes Razzler with his obsession, despite the fact you constantly post in here much more than I do... But keep the thought going!

On a slow news day, you can always count on Razzler to bump our thread back up with his "observational" comments. He will be in here later in the morning with his horns slicked back and say something along the lines of "Tough game away at Chelsea today, tough playing 2 games so close together"....we would be lost without our Razzler insights. :)

Archived