The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

WhoScored have a decent set of Opta stats - their Madrid coverage here. No average positional graphs though.

ESPN do have some heatmaps but they seem to have declined in quality since the site revamp. There's also some stuff on the fishal waffa site.

An unlikely candidate may be fantasyfootballscout. You can check some comparison stuff in this video. If I recall correctly, there was some positional info too. It's not free though, and I don't know if they include all matches or just PL matches.

Cheers fellas some good information there, all of which was exactly what I was looking :thup: The UEFA site actually had some really good stuff where you could pinpoint an individual players key moments in the game, unsurprisingly all Xabi Alonso's moments are after the sending off.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love that :lol:

Just a heads up to those interested in our (hopefully) future stars: The U21s are playing Arsenal today, in about an hour I think.

Only just found out that apparently DDG has openly described his girlfriend's music as ****.

Looks like the U21s are really struggling with no recognised striker. Good goal from Ekangamene though.

Been watching the U21's quite a lot recently and they are just so boring to watch. Joyce seems to have drilled them well defensively, but their is just no attacking impetus, which of course isn't helped by having no striker in the squad.

Against Arsenal for example, they've put Januzaj upfront by himself, which is fair enough as they don't have anyone else to play there, but then instead of trying to work it through the midfield and then into Januzaj's feet to make the most of his technical ability - the midfield instead lay it off to the defence who just pump it forward in the hope that Januzaj might somehow be able to outstrength two huge centrebacks.

Really frustrating to watch as that seems to have been the tactic in the past few games I've watched, and it gives the reserves no idea of how the first team play. I'd rather them try to play passing, possession football and lose than play like that and scrape wins.

Yeah that's a good point actually, mind you Petrucci wouldn't be such a miss if we could have Powell playing there. Would like to see James Wilson get some runouts towards the end of the season, crazy that he's been banging in goals for 3 years in the U18s and is still a first year scholar.

One of Zaha's runs tonight for England's U21s:

CTWXFdC.gif

Yeah that's a good point actually, mind you Petrucci wouldn't be such a miss if we could have Powell playing there. Would like to see James Wilson get some runouts towards the end of the season, crazy that he's been banging in goals for 3 years in the U18s and is still a first year scholar.

Zaha's goal tonight for England's U21s:

CTWXFdC.gif

Just came in to post that :D that's not his goal though:

[video=dailymotion;xydph3]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xydph3_inglaterra-u21-1-0-rumania-u21-gol-de-zaha-amistoso_sport

UEFA still being clowns non-shocker.

SAF fined, Nani suspended.

Though I suppose it can be seen as lenient punishment, while they still do *something* to satisfy the suits that are worried about precendent no matter what happens. If they had any sense of course, they'd admit what everybody with working brains and eyes saw, that the ref ****ed up big-time, and by extension themselves by letting such an inexperienced bloke ref arguably the biggest matchup of the tournament.

Good to see RVP score again, hopefully he starts banging them in for us again. We could use a couple against Chelsea...

Lindegaard looks like he is leaving, even when this rumour started it was always meant that Begovic would replace Lindegaard and provide a challenge for De Gea. Personally I would just promote Amos and eventually Johnstone.

I just don't see Begovic being happy as a back-up for a younger, better keeper. He's 25, pretty much first choice the last three years, don't see him fancying a change in that aspect unless it's for a much older keeper who's soon to retire

Amos just isn't good enough to be a backup, if De Gea got injured for any length of time we'd be in some serious poo. Johnstone is a couple of years away but certainly has backup potential, was kind of hoping Lindegaard would stick around for a couple of years until then. Begovic is a complete nonsense rumour unless De Gea wanted out, which I cant see, not good enough to be first choice but too good to sit on the bench.

And I've just watched the goal Scholes scored in his testimonial, one more of those this season Scholesy, go on.

Begovic.... not good enough to be first choice but too good to sit on the bench.

The Begovic "rumour" is BS, and I've said so from the very start. Makes zero sense we're after a keeper like that when we already have a better one. The quoted line is correct, but arguably true for Lindegaard too. He's probably not too happy, and I can see him wanting to change clubs this summer, also to try to become Denmark's number 1. Doesn't make sense to bring in a keeper that would cost quite a bit as number 2 though. Like what I've seen of Johnstone, but he's too young for that. Most likely, we'll try to keep hold of Lindegaard.

International break is soooooooo boring :(

Archived