The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

It's alright lads, Ash Cole is a top man that realises people can say something stupid in the heat of the moment.

Cole, who has played regularly alongside Rio Ferdinand and Terry for England, then issued a response through his lawyers.

It read: "Ashley Cole has been made aware of the discussion following comments appearing on Twitter and wishes to make it clear that he and Rio Ferdinand are good friends and Ashley has no intention of making any sort of complaint.

"Ashley appreciates that Tweeting is so quick it often results in off-hand and stray comments."

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This goes for the so-called court case with Terry too btw. Yes, he's a C of the highest order, but was really a court case about that necessary? The whole thing seemed out of whack from the start.

The CPS thought they could gain a conviction, so of course a court case was necessary.

It's alright lads, Ash Cole is a top man that realises people can say something stupid in the heat of the moment.

'Something about Ashley Cole being guilty about shagging someone...' I can't give Ashley Cole credit even when he does something sensible, sorry.

"Because i am tired of speculation,i am talling you this. I read the papers and i see they say 10 million pounds is my price. I go and talk with Sir Alex, and he says to me 5 million..So who is talling the truth, what do you think??..And the truth is, I love this club, but i am not going to be useful to anyone, if i am not playing. And i want to play, i want to help. But for unknown reasons its not going to happen, or my chances will be limited, so it's better for everyone if we say goodbay. If not, i am professional and i will keep doing everything i can, to help my team and my teammates, whenever i have opportunity to do so."

Berbs :(

Can understand Berbatovs frustration, his record in the league only is played 108 games and got 48 goals, so he has a 1 in 2 goalscoring record in the league for us.

Reckon QPR and maybe Newcastle may try and sign him, at £5m you are getting a quality striker at a bargain price. Only 31 still aswell.

Can understand Berbatovs frustration, his record in the league only is played 108 games and got 48 goals, so he has a 1 in 2 goalscoring record in the league for us.

Reckon QPR and maybe Newcastle may try and sign him, at £5m you are getting a quality striker at a bargain price. Only 31 still aswell.

And yet no one has snapped him up.

Something somewhere is putting clubs off getting him.

The fact that we are anxious to sell and he is anxious to go, coupled with 12 months on his contract means most clubs can afford to play it cool so that they get him as cheap as possible.

All it takes is one club to go sod it and make a move for 2 or 3 others that were holding back to quickly butt in. We will not get £5m straight for him, £2m rising to £5m depending on clauses (a bit like JSP).

I'm surprised that we haven't made a bid for him for 5m. Though, perhaps we have and he doesn't want to play second fiddle to Jelavic. I would love Berbs at Everton.

I think you guys are waiting to get him as part of the Baines & Fellaini transfer. :p

I don't think you could afford his wages tbf, he'd be on more than Moyes.

Yeah, that's probably a part of it. He's on 100k+ a week, right?

I think you guys are waiting to get him as part of the Baines & Fellaini transfer. :p

Not happening :cool:

There's a sweet swap-deal going on where we buy these two and give them Berba but we still pay Berba's wages and they pay Baines & Fellani's while we only cover the extra of their new contracts.

I think even Leppard can agree that it's a good situation for all. :D

Not being funny, but in terms of first team players being left behind due to their international commitments earlier(& olympics), It's quite possible we'll lose at some point on the tour? Only one senior defender in the squad!

90k-ish? Probably asking for a minimum of 75k a week from a new club.

I doubt we'd go that high, especially for someone who wouldn't be a guaranteed started. Only Arteta got anything near 70k afaik.

There's a sweet swap-deal going on where we buy these two and give them Berba but we still pay Berba's wages and they pay Baines & Fellani's while we only cover the extra of their new contracts.

I think even Leppard can agree that it's a good situation for all. :D

I don't think I'll comment on this -_-

Just looking at the defence for the tour wondering why we only have one senior defender.

Jones - was at Euro 2012, extra holiday time.

Smalling - injured?

Evans - anyone know if he's injured or something?

Evra - was at Euro 2012, extra holiday time.

Vidic - injured/recovering.

Rafael - Brazilian Olympic squad

Fabio - on loan

Oh and apparently Rio is going to be doing those tour videos again :cool:

Just looking at the defence for the tour wondering why we only have one senior defender.

Jones - was at Euro 2012, extra holiday time.

Smalling - injured?

Evans - anyone know if he's injured or something?

Evra - was at Euro 2012, extra holiday time.

Vidic - injured/recovering.

Rafael - Brazilian Olympic squad

Fabio - on loan

Oh and apparently Rio is going to be doing those tour videos again :cool:

Not sure Jones should be getting time off. Poland-Ukraine was pretty much a holiday for him!

Haha, yeah that too. Altogether a shocking effort from Rooney :/

Not exactly surprising, though, is it? :D

Good to see a good contingent of 'kids' going. Happy to see Petrucci in there, I have some hope for him still. Surprised Vesseli is in there though, thought we had released him. Will be a good experience for Blackett too, he's an upgrade on Fryers IMO. Would have liked to see Larnell Cole go too, but I guess he's either injured or planned to go on loan. Many of the reserves are going on loan this season, apparently, so some of the U18 players have been 'promoted' to the reserves to fill some holes. I hope this means we have very high hopes for them, so the circle has moved up a step. Loan earlier, and Reserve football earlier.

I don't know if it has already been mentioned but United fans will be given less away tickets for the Liverpool and Everton games next season although Everton may increase the allocation when they se their ground is half full ;)

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_15791_man-utd-to-receive-fewer-tickets-from-liverpool-and-everton.html

...and ever since Scholes has been in awe of young Cole :D

He's very talented though, and I really hope he makes it here. The youths coming through now is the best since the class of 92. Obviously harder to make the team now, but I both hope and believe that at least some of them will. Larnell Cole is one that seems to have everything needed to make the grade, and there is a handful of others too.

Well he's a typical kind of player that SAF loves, hard working, talented both on and off the ball and can play in a variety of positions. Bit surprised he didn't make the tour squad actually.

I am looking forward to seeing Lingard on tour though after the season he's just had with the reserves. I read an interview with him on the club website and he was saying he's making gradual improvements in his weights workouts in an effort to add more muscle, which he realllllly needs as he has a stick insect body :D

The youths coming through now is the best since the class of 92. Obviously harder to make the team now

Given the quality of United's starting line-up in 1992/93 that's arguable. Thankfully Ince and Kanchelskis' attitudes, and Hughes' age accelerated the likes of Scholes and Beckham to 1st team football.

The structure of the first teams have changed between then and now. I had that in mind more than the first eleven itself. There, especially in centre mid, it's arguably easier now (or in the near future), but the squad is quite 'thick' now so it's not easy to grab a spot there. 20 years ago we didn't have that kind of quality throughout 25 guys, so it was easier to get a spot on the bench and then start to make a name for yourself via subs.

Not trying to downgrade the talents of those players of course. If Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Gary Neville and probably a few of the others too had been 18-19 today, they would have been strong contenders for starting. Giggs would have at 16 probably, his talent was just ridiculous. This is going way back, but my first memory of Manchester United is seeing Giggsy run up the wing and utterly torment whoever he was up against. He must have been about 17 then.

One of the things that is so impressive about players like Best and Duncan Edwards is that lifelong fans who have watched both that team and the golden generation with Giggs, Scholes, Beckham etc, and who have seen some of the biggest names in football, still say Duncan was the best player they have ever seen. It's a huge, huge shame there isn't more live footage of him. Would have loved to go through match after match just to see how good he really was. From all accounts he was something else, in a team that was already on the verge of dominating European football.

Archived