cerud

The Rise of the Cerud

866 posts in this topic

13 July 2014

canchallenacom-300x63.gif

Spain Wins Consecutive World Cups!

It took penalties to make it final, but Spain have triumphed in winning their second FIFA World Cup in a row. A concerted effort by Fernando Liorente gave Spain all the firepower they required; however, Argentina did not go easily into the dark. The Spanish striker also won a spot on the Dream Team.

The next World Cup will be held in Russia in 2018.

FIFA World Cup 2014

11073106OAK4u.jpg

Group A: Mexico, Brazil, Nigeria, Romania

Group B: Colombia, Italy, Russia, Honduras

Group C: England, Argentina, Denmark, Morocco

Group D: Ghana, France, Sweden, Saudi Arabia

Group E: Spain, Turkey, South Africa, South Korea

Group F: Slovenia, Uruguay, United States, Uzbekistan

Group G: Belgium Australia, Chile, Senegal

Group H: Germany, Japan, Paraguay, Bosnia & Herzegovina

worldc.png

Both the Italian and French managers have resigned from their duties. It looks like no one has been fired.

2014-2015 End of Pre-Season

161461_100000944431146_6122256_n.jpg

sc Heerenveen - Eredivisie

The Matches

Netherlands - Jupiler League - FC Volendam - tied 1-1

Netherlands - Lower League - GVC Wageningen - won 5-0

Netherlands - Jupiler League - NAC Breda - won 3-1

Belgium - Jupiler Pro League - R Standard de Liège - lost 1-2

Belarus - Vyssshaya Liga - BATE Borisov - won 5-1

Netherlands - Eredivisie - FC Oss - won 3-0

The Players

Squad | Transfers - We made a few changes, mainly bringing in strength up front in strikers and depth in defense. The difference transfers also netted us approximately $600K.

Thomas Kaminski - GK - I wasn't expecting to sign a new goalkeeper. I was figuring that I'd use the guy I had now. However, Kaminski is younger and much better. I was also able to sell my former keeper for more money than Kaminski cost.

José Contreras - D/WB/M RL - Contreras recently played his last three seasons with FC Utrecht in the Eredivisie as a starter. I needed a leftback and he's our guy. He was solid for FC Utrecht and I was happy to get him on a free.

Cayfano Latupeirissa - ST - Latupeirissa was my first signing for the club. He comes from 2. Bundesliga's Paderborn, where he was underused. I can assume you that he will be much more effective with us.

Pre-Season Thoughts

The pre-season went well. Most of the other teams we played were close to our calibre, either a little lower or little higher. I was happy with solid wins against BATE and FC Oss. The loss to Standard was disappointing, but we have quickly become tactically sound and are well prepared for the Eredivisie.

I'm also happy with the squad as it stands. I expect a couple potential moves in January, but nothing substantial. I think was have a squad that can push up the table. Now to do it.

England falling at the Quaters again I see :rolleyes:.

England falling at the Quaters again I see :rolleyes:.

Yep :) True to form!

August 2014 Update

Eredivisie

This is still going to be a tough league. I was happy to bounce with with a good win after our loss to AZ. Our main problem, as was in Brazil, is defense. However, half of our goals against came from the one match. I'm hoping that once we get into the season a few months, things will settle down a bit.

fixh.png

The Standings

standk.png

It's still very early, but we're on the right trach. I'm hoping for at least an 8th place finish in order to qualify for the playoffs at the end. However, the better we do now, the better our chances for European football will be next year.

Great work in Russia while I was gone! :thup: (Does your new team have hearts in its crest? O.o)

Expected you to go somewhere bigger than Heerenveen.

I don't think my reputation is high enough yet. I was attached to a few job in France's Ligue 1, but when I stated an interest, they laughed me off. sc Heerenveen came calling and so did the Kaizer Cheifs in South Africa and a club from Israel. This was the best choice. Also, I wanted a club with sound financial backing. This club knows how to be practical; whereas Anji didn't. It may not be the biggest club I could have gone to, but I can still grow something here, get them their first title and hopefully more before I move on to bigger and better :)

Great work in Russia while I was gone! :thup: (Does your new team have hearts in its crest? O.o)

I prefer to think of them as little beans :)

September 2014 Update

Eredivisie

It was a short month, only two league matches in total due to international commitments. However, we won two cleansheet performances and have begun our move towards a strong position. We are still in the hunt for more too; just because we are higher than 8th place doesn't mean we only want to hold onto what we got. We will push for more.

fixq.png

KNVB Beker Cup

Our first match in the KNVB was another good performance, ensuring that we were not scored on in the entire month of September in all competitions. Almere City is a Jupiler League team, a league below us.

knvb.png

The Standings

standw.png

We are still in 6th place, but are maintaining a close proximity to the higher clubs. It will difficult to break into that group. They are strong. We also haven't played any of them yet, so I don't really know what to expect.

We have also received our expectations from the Board for the KNVB Beker Cup.

KNVB Beker Cup: Reach the Quarter Finals

Decent start in the Netherlands, might take a few seasons to break down Ajax and the other big clubs at the top though.

Decent start in the Netherlands, might take a few seasons to break down Ajax and the other big clubs at the top though.

Yeah, I just found that out with PSV... Ouch.

18 October 2014

image011.gif

Cerud Making a Name for Himself in Netherlands

Not even half a season into his first campaign, and Cerud has already attracted the interest of other well known Dutch clubs. Alex Pastoor has been fired by AZ and Cerud is the first name on Chairman Erwin Drost's list as a replacement. However, given sc Heerenveen's record as of late, Cerud may wish to stay where he is.

69046468.png

October 2014 Update

Eredivisie

Well, it began as a good month. However, PSV put brought us back down to reality. We have been progressing up the table, but we were no match for the defending title champions. We didn't play well, but it probably wouldn't have mattered as they took the match to us right from the beginning. To call it a bloodbath is being nice. We were slaughtered by a much better club.

fixtn.png

KNVB Beker Cup

Unfortunately, our match against PSV was immediately followed by our next KNVB match. It took us 30 minutes of extra time to finally put down Telstar, a team that we should be winning against easily. Hopefully, morale is at least improved from the win.

cupak.png

The Standings

standz.png

Regardless of that humbling loss, we have moved into 2nd place in the standings, albeit tied with PSV. This next month will be difficult though as we face Ajax and Vitesse in back to back matches. I'd take ties in each, just to maintain morale, hopefully eke out a win in one of them. Crazy that those 6 goals scored against us by PSV are almost half of the total against us.

Good start to life in the Netherlands,looks like Ajax will be a tough nut to crack.

Very encouraging start in the Never-Netherlands. I'd definitely stick the season out :)

Good luck in Netherlands. I rather wait till Ajax or PSV come calling tho.

Above all expectations so far. Only 3 points between you and 6th, though! Tight table at the moment.

Good start to life in the Netherlands,looks like Ajax will be a tough nut to crack.

Yeah, Ajax is heads above everyone else.

Nice start in Holland.
I'd certainly stay.
Very encouraging start in the Never-Netherlands. I'd definitely stick the season out :)
Good luck in Netherlands. I rather wait till Ajax or PSV come calling tho.

I'll staying for the season for sure unless an unbelieveable offer comes. I doubt that there will be any actual offers out of the blue though.

Above all expectations so far. Only 3 points between you and 6th, though! Tight table at the moment.

Well...it's changed some now :)

November 2014 Update

Eredivisie

This has been one of the more odd months of my football career. We began with Vitesse. By the 15th minute, I was down to 9 men on the pitch due to 5 injuries. I even had to substitute two players at the same time from injury, which I've never been forced to do before. Unfortunately, one of those injured was my starting goalkeeper, now out with a broken finger for 6-7 weeks.

We were able to handle Feyenoord, but Ajax destroyed us. We looked as though we were in awe of them. They were up 3-0 by the 7th minute. Didn't help that my backup goalkeeper is only rated at one star. Then, at the end of the match, I told one of my defenders that I was unhappy with his efforts, given that he ended with a 4.7 rating. Instantly, my entire squad was listed as "seems confused". Confused!?!? This players has an own goal and gave up another one on a horrible pass. So, I decided that a team meeting was in order. I stated that I was happy how we had been doing, but I felt we could do even better. This was based on 3 losses in 5 matches. That didn't go over well, with one of my players calling the meeting "a waste of time". I'm really not endearing myself here.

We ended on a positive note with two wins, but the responses of my squad to me is making me wonder if I made the wrong decision in coming here.

fixga.png

The Standings

standq.png

We're stilling 3rd place, understandably behind Ajax and PSV. The season is almost half done and I am happy with the record we have. I'm not sure how we can crack those two higher teams. I've tried to encourage my Board to expand out stadium as we are selling out most matches. However, they don't believe that it's necessary. I'll keep trying as the option is offered, because we could really use the added gate receipts.

Finishing 3rd behind Ajax and PSV is certainly no disgrace, and has to represent a successful first season. Take the 5 goal hammering from Ajax out of the equation, and your goal record is comparable to theirs too. It looks from the outside as though you are very close, and perhaps just one big signing away from breaking the top two apart. I know the season's not done yet, but I don't think you're very far away.

Finishing 3rd behind Ajax and PSV is certainly no disgrace, and has to represent a successful first season. Take the 5 goal hammering from Ajax out of the equation, and your goal record is comparable to theirs too. It looks from the outside as though you are very close, and perhaps just one big signing away from breaking the top two apart. I know the season's not done yet, but I don't think you're very far away.

Thanks, Northernpilgrim :) I'm happy enough to only have Ajax and PSV ahead of me as they are strong teams and spend more than I do. A couple of the richer teams outspend me on wages over 4 to 1! I'm hopin gto bring in an experienced striker and centreback. The squad I have is good, but without any franchise players. I also need some experience to help with training.

1 December 2014

image011.gif

sc Heerenveen Commit to Youth

Both Chairman Veenstra and club manager Cerud were on hand today to discuss a new youth initiative. The club has announced a $6.25M upgrade to their youth facilities as well as a renewed effort to their junior program. Cerud has been quoted before stating a commitment to local youth development in order to grow the club.

youthq.png

juniort.png

The youth facilities are currently listed as Average and upgrading will begin once the season is completed. Junior coaching has gone from Average to Good.

30 December 2014

image011.gif

Cerud Named Russian Manager of the Year

For those who remember Anji's dominant Prem'er Liga victory last year will remember who led them there. Canadian manager Cerud has been named Russian Manager of the Year for his efforts.

"I'm happy to accept this award. My time in Russia was punctuated, but I enjoyed my time and the fact that we were able to reward the fans for it. This award is only possible because of the achievements of the club"

anji.png

December 2014 Update

Eredivisie

A good month for us to get back on track. We should have won the FC Oss match, but a tie still gave us 7 of a possible 9 points.

fixy.png

KNVB Beker Cup

We jumped to a very early lead and were looking good to hold on. However, 7 yellow cards and 1 red card later, that lead went away and we just couldn't hold on. We were very undisciplined and unfortunately deserved to lose.

knvb.png

The Standings

standa.png

We're one match past the halfway mark and sitting in 4th Place, only 1 point behind 2nd place Vitesse. I was aiming for a top 8 finish at the beginning of the season; however, I'd now enjoy a top 3 finish. Our progression through the first half tells me that it is possible. I am looking for a couple players in the upcoming transfer window, ideally a centreback and striker. Hopefully, I can find what I'm looking for.

We also have a bit of a break until 20 January 2015. So, a few friendlies will keep us fit until then.

Ajax look a bit to strong for everyone.

Congrats on the Manager of the Year award for your time at Anji.With a bit of luck you could claim 2nd,Ajax look too strong for everyone else.

Top 4 should definitely be the aim, you've kept up well with PSV and Vitesse so far so I expect that to be the case come end of the season ;).

Ajax look a bit to strong for everyone.

Yeah, Ajax is the dominant club for sure. At least they knocked me down a notch.

Congrats on the Manager of the Year award for your time at Anji.With a bit of luck you could claim 2nd,Ajax look too strong for everyone else.

Thanks, BWG! :) A 2nd place finish would be absolutely amazing. But I agree that it is very possible.

Top 4 should definitely be the aim, you've kept up well with PSV and Vitesse so far so I expect that to be the case come end of the season ;).

Me too!

January 2015 Update

Eredivisie

We started the new year with a great win against AZ. Our new striker, Torghelle, also got a goal on his debut and set up a couple more. However, he ended up fracturing his arm in the second match and is now out for 5 weeks. As Kurt Vonnegut would say, "So it goes..."

fixn.png

Transfers

I wanted a centreback and striker and I got them.

Jerry Akaminko - D RC - Akaminko was recently with FC Midjylland in the Danish Superligaen. I paid $1.4M for him, a bit more than I wanted, but he's still young and is able to mentor.

Sándor Torghelle - ST - He's older at 32, but still very good for this league. He's spent several years in Hungary with Videoton, but he was looking to move up and probably find a place to retire. He was cheap at $170K, can mentor, and once his fractured arm heals, he'll be ready to go.

The Standings

standr.png

Still in 4th place. This will be a tough group to break into as all of these clubs have strong records. All I need is one win against these clubs and that would push me ahead to them. I will at least get a chance in February as we play Ajax. Either elation or humiliation, not sure which.

Top 4 would be a great achievement for this season, still a while to go though, and you could easily break into the top 2!

Pulling away from the chasing pack nicely :). As Scarman said, top 4 would be great.

Going Nicely,hope you can keep the pressure up and nice to see you pulling away from 5th.

Going well, seems you have no problem scoring goals. Just need to keep a tighter ship at the back and you'll rocket up the table!

Top 4 would be a great achievement for this season, still a while to go though, and you could easily break into the top 2!
Pulling away from the chasing pack nicely :). As Scarman said, top 4 would be great.
Going Nicely,hope you can keep the pressure up and nice to see you pulling away from 5th.
Going well, seems you have no problem scoring goals. Just need to keep a tighter ship at the back and you'll rocket up the table!

Yeah, I top 4 finish would be a good achievement. I'd love to push into the top 3, but that is a tough group to break into. I'm happy that we have a cushion between us and 5th place as we still have to play the likes of Ajax again. I'm hoping we do better than before.

28 February 2015

320px-Logo_SPORTDAY_url-liga_mb.jpg

Greece Wants Gerud

Aris have sacked Giannis Papakostas and Chairman Vasilis Tsavalos has publically named sc Heerenveen manager Cerud as his desired replacement to lift the club out from their current slump. However, it is unlikely that Cerud is willing to leave as his Dutch club is performing well in their table.

arisy.png

February 2015 Update

Eredivisie

We beat Ajax!!! And then lost to AGOVV in a match that we should have won. Definitely a Jekyll and Hyde month.

fixh.png

The Standings

standoe.png

We have moved within 6 points to top spot. I think Mikal was right; we are letting in too many goals. Our new centreback is working well, but we may need to look at bringing in some support on the back end. If cut out a few more goals against, that could be the difference we need.

15 March 2015

AqCY5PVvagRKAcZy35uLRxUhKd.jpg

Russian Interest in Cerud Lingers

The troubles of Lokomotiv Moscow and Terek Grozny have led to firings of their respective managers. Cerud, former manager of Anji, has been named as a prospective candidate for both positions. Cerud has tactfully remained noncommital, likely due to his former ties with Anji. sc Heerenveen maintains a good position in the Dutch table and it is likely that Cerud will remain where he is.

lokoi.png

terek.png

2015 Youth Candidates

Youth Candidates

ytho.png

Not really the best of intakes. There is a midfielder, Marco Evers, but he'll need a bit of work. I also have a Dutch Canadian in the group!

Marco Evers - M C - Decent physical stats for a 15 year old, but he's still going to need a lot of work.

Roberto Hattrell - DM, M C - Yeah...home nation advantage ain't gonna to help this fella.

March 2015 Update

Eredivisie

Our record was enough to keep us in the hunt for those top spots, but the real bonus was in getting back-to-back wins against PSV and Vitesse. The PSV match was great to watch. We played them to the outside where they weren't able to get any decent shots. Everything was long range and easily handled. In the offensive end, we were strong in the box and our strikers performed well when they had their chances. The Vitesse match was a little lucky as we snuck one off an indirect free kick, but I'll take wins any way they come.

fixg.png

The Standings

standa.png

With those two wins against PSV and Vitesse, we have moved into 3rd place and have a 4 point cushion over Vitesse. Ajax and PSV are the only two ahead of us. Ajax are still holding onto their 6 point lead on us, so they will be hard to bring down with only 5 matches left to go in the season. However, overtaking PSV is still possible. I'm pretty sure that we've played most of the more difficult clubs already, but some of the lower table clubs have given us problems. Every match will count.

Brilliant month there, just what was needed. Nice to see all those clean sheets as well, means you can get those 1-0 wins at this late stage in the season. Third should be the aim now! If two teams are level does it go down to goal difference?

Looking good for a successful season. Top three will be a great result!

Going right down to the wire.No matter what happens,you've done brilliantly.

Brilliant month there, just what was needed. Nice to see all those clean sheets as well, means you can get those 1-0 wins at this late stage in the season. Third should be the aim now! If two teams are level does it go down to goal difference?

Thanks, Mikal. The clean sheets were nice to see too. Hopefully, we can bring those into the 1st half of the season now too.

Great month, hopefully you'll be able to keep 3rd!
Looking good for a successful season. Top three will be a great result!
Going right down to the wire.No matter what happens,you've done brilliantly.

3rd Place is the goal now. I believe that it should be possible as Vitesse has fallen hard in the past while. I don't think they've won a game in the last 5.

April 2015 Update

Eredivisie

Another good month that keeps us in the run for European football next season. The Feyenoord match was great to watch. We were up by 4 goals before they even registered their first shot. However, we got a little lazy in the end and they got a couple back.

fixpu.png

The Standings

standi.png

We are only 3 points behind the two league leaders! If only we had won a couple of our ties or losses, this could be a very different season. Still, we are guaranteed a 3rd Place finish in the league with 1 more match to play. We also have the European Places Playoff after this. I'm not sure how that works just yet, so we'll see. The top 8 teams go up for this playoff. Not sure how it works.

2014-2015 Season in Review

3rd Place - Qualified for UEFA Europa League 4th Qualifying Round

The League

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - A 3rd Place finish is a great achievement for the club. Looking back through our fixtures, there were only two matches that we were completely outclassed in, our first matches against Ajax and PSV. In the second half of the season, we beat both of them showing that it is possible. Our point total is hopeful as well as we were only 3 points behind the champions, Ajax. I think that will a little help, next year could be very good for us.

The Cups

KNVB Beker Cup - We didn't do as well as expected. It was even a lower club that took us out. However, it was during a minor crisis moment for the club. I think that these matter have been resolved and we should be better in the coming season.

The Stats

Goals Scored: 83 (2nd in league)

Goals Conceded:(38 (4th in league)

Average Attendance: 25 946 (4th in league)

The Players

Squad | Transfers - As I was not part of the club when Beckers was brought in yet, I ended up making a small profit in transfers this year, around $1M. There were a few players of note this year.

Thomas Kaminski - GK - In 28 league matches, half ended in clean sheets. This young goalkeeper has a bright future here.

Rodrigo Alborno - M/AM L - A loanee from our parent club, Inter, Alborno lead the squad in assists and chipped more than a good share of goals as well.

Michael Chacón - AM C, ST - Our young striker has started well. A tally of 14 goals in 16 league matches will mean he should see increased time next year.

Luca Magnini - AM RLC, ST - Our second loanee from Inter, but wow do I wish he was a permanent signing. He broke every goal record this is to break, club and league. He has a bright future wherever he ends up. Hopefully, I may be able to sign him for real in a couple years.

The Backroom

Finances - We lost about $3M this year, but the qualification of the Europa League next year should see us recoup some back.

Faciilities - I bug our Board every chance I get for them to expand the stadium, but nothing works. We sell out most matches and have a general capacity of 99%. I did, however, get them to agree to a youth upgrade.

The Awards

The Goals Revisited

• Qualify for Europa League - Achieved. We had a great year and make automatic qualification.
  • Make Quarter Finals of KNVB Cup - Failed. Just missed out.
  • Make a profit - Failed. Hopefully next year.

Plans for Next Season

I'm still planning of sticking around with sc Heerenveen. This means that we need to look at improving the squad for the Europa League, but I also don't want to reinvent it as they are working well. We will lose Magnani though because he is a loanee. Hopefully, I can grab him again for another year. I'd also like to perform better in the league, break into the top 2.

Congrats on 3rd and other than the cup, a very good season in all. A nice platform to take into the next season, and like you said, a couple of additions to cope with the extended fixture list would be ideal.

Been a while since I've been around here due to one thing or another but it looks like things are still going well here cerud :thup:. A steady season as Mikal says apart from the cup. Hopefully you can push on next season and have some success in Europe too.