Riccardo Capelli - Football Managers Best Ever Regen. What A Player.

Why would it be nice if a mod locked this? A general discussion is well a general discussion. Always someone out there playing some silly high horse game. Grow up.
becouse you posted a pointless thread, there is already a thread for stuff like this, hell there's probably countless similar thread already in the gd which you could have found by searching for them

has nothing to with being on a high horse, you was spamming and technicaly breaking forum rules, Ackter is just lazy and felt like showing of :p (hell he managed to sneak in while I was posting even)

becouse you posted a pointless thread, there is already a thread for stuff like this, hell there's probably countless similar thread already in the gd which you could have found by searching for them

has nothing to with being on a high horse, you was spamming and technicaly breaking forum rules, Ackter is just lazy and felt like showing of :p (hell he managed to sneak in while I was posting even)

Bore off... It's not like he posted a picture of a Shwasticker, coupled with the words 'Heil Hitler' beneath it...

This thread has gone weird.

If you have a problem with a thread or think the thread should be closed/moved etc, please use the report button and we'll decide if action needs to be taken. Don't post in the thread saying you disapprove, leave it us.

At age 18, and from the team's youth academy ;)

222942_10150567642535268_5960740_n.jpg

He went from Right to Right Only footed?

As soon as a striker scores more than 50-60 goals in a season then I wouldn't mind cashing in on them. Kind of ruins a game for me when a striker becomes godlike.

He went from Right to Right Only footed?

As soon as a striker scores more than 50-60 goals in a season then I wouldn't mind cashing in on them. Kind of ruins a game for me when a striker becomes godlike.

No, his footedness was edited as part of a test (the thread is on the forum somewhere, about the effect of having Either feet on a player's attributes and if it makes a difference to their performance) - his attributes pretty much all jumped by 1 or 2 points as soon as all the skill was taken from his left foot, and he ended up scoring about 20-30 more goals a season.

LOL, Ackter has been caught out as a cheat. A player's weaker foot will never deteriorate. Actker clearly changed his left foot to 1 to enhance the appearance of his other attributes.

Yes I did "cheat", I also "admitted" it here and, as stated further up, there was an entire thread dedicated to it while I was doing it.

LOL, Ackter has been caught out as a cheat. A player's weaker foot will never deteriorate. Actker clearly changed his left foot to 1 to enhance the appearance of his other attributes.

Open mouth. Insert foot.

No, his footedness was edited as part of a test (the thread is on the forum somewhere, about the effect of having Either feet on a player's attributes and if it makes a difference to their performance) - his attributes pretty much all jumped by 1 or 2 points as soon as all the skill was taken from his left foot, and he ended up scoring about 20-30 more goals a season.

Wait, so this hasn't been fixed in FM12?

I remember in FM10 (I think), players with Either for footness had terrible attributes, no matter how high their CA was. Does this mean that Left/Right footed players are far better due to having more attribute points, or does increased footness dexterity have a positive influence in the ME, therefore kind of overrighting leveling to what they would be without. Kind of ruins it, if Left/Right only players dominate in the ME due to higher attribute points.

I guess at the end of the day, it's how they perform in game and with the distribution of attributes in key areas.

Wait, so this hasn't been fixed in FM12?

I remember in FM10 (I think), players with Either for footness had terrible attributes, no matter how high their CA was. Does this mean that Left/Right footed players are far better due to having more attribute points, or does increased footness dexterity have a positive influence in the ME, therefore kind of overrighting leveling to what they would be without. Kind of ruins it, if Left/Right only players dominate in the ME due to higher attribute points.

I guess at the end of the day, it's how they perform in game and with the distribution of attributes in key areas.

Unfortunately there's nothing to fix as it's intended behaviour :(

It kind of makes sense, in that an either-footed player will be more consistent throughout a match under more situations, but it also means that, for example, and either-footed player's perfect shot will never be as good as a one footed player's perfect shot.

15 finishing and either feet gives him the chance of scoring more overall and makes him more likely to hit a perfect shot from more situations, while a one footer with 20 finishing will be able to shoot at his best less often, but his best will be a lot better.

Yes I did "cheat", I also "admitted" it here and, as stated further up, there was an entire thread dedicated to it while I was doing it.

Sorry, missed the post where you said that. As for the whole 'two footed players are crap thing'. All I'll say is Toni Kroos on FM10. He's the best CM/AM in the game. Two footedness can be detrimental to certain players if it comes at too great a cost of other important attributes, however it can also be a massive bonus for other players. I also think two-footedness is great to have in a lone-striker who you can expect to have delivery from either side. How often do you see an only right footed striker receive a ball outside from your left winger and the striker tries a first time left foot shot which he spoons harmlessly wide?

Unfortunately there's nothing to fix as it's intended behaviour :(

It kind of makes sense, in that an either-footed player will be more consistent throughout a match under more situations, but it also means that, for example, and either-footed player's perfect shot will never be as good as a one footed player's perfect shot.

15 finishing and either feet gives him the chance of scoring more overall and makes him more likely to hit a perfect shot from more situations, while a one footer with 20 finishing will be able to shoot at his best less often, but his best will be a lot better.

Ah k, thanks.

At the end of the day if the player has the right attributes in the right areas and/or plays well, then I can cope.

One such problem with this though is a position Either footness isn't needed. Having a goalkeeper with Either is hardly vital and that would eat up a chunk of CA that could be used in more important areas. My goalkeeper rarely touches the ball with his feet so if he makes 1-2 poor rushed clearances over a season, then I wouldn't mind as his vital goalkeeper attributes would better.

You would think an AMC playmaker would benefit greatly from having Either footed. I haven't done any tests but Kagawa really is immense in AMC role being Either footed, immense enough to be different to a Right only player of similar attriburtes/PPMs? Hard to tell.

DahamaneBagayokoProfile_Attributes-7.jpg

Not sure about the best FM regen ever but he's certainly had the best international record I've ever seen. 119 goals on 84 caps. Joint top-scorer and Golden Ball runner-up in the World Cup (which he won for France) then Best Player and top scorer in the following Euros.

Definitely the best player I've ever managed (altho his Roma AMC partner Kévin Duval was brilliant too and eventually was the one of the pairing who grabbed the Ballon d'Or), utterly ridiculous at times.

Danny Roberts is an amateur compared to Tunicliffe - hit over 1,000 goals in under 700 appearances :cool:

Roberts hit them all in the Premiership though.

Not quite true, you're making the mistake people make all the time in these threads and looking at CA as determining attributes rather than vice versa, which is easy to do if you know how the game mechanics work and forget how the game relates to real life. Unfortunately Tunnicliffe would appear to indicate that either two-footedness is valued too highly or a strong "weak" foot doesn't have enough effect in the ME, depending on your perspective.

Ah k, thanks.

At the end of the day if the player has the right attributes in the right areas and/or plays well, then I can cope.

One such problem with this though is a position Either footness isn't needed. Having a goalkeeper with Either is hardly vital and that would eat up a chunk of CA that could be used in more important areas. My goalkeeper rarely touches the ball with his feet so if he makes 1-2 poor rushed clearances over a season, then I wouldn't mind as his vital goalkeeper attributes would better.

You would think an AMC playmaker would benefit greatly from having Either footed. I haven't done any tests but Kagawa really is immense in AMC role being Either footed, immense enough to be different to a Right only player of similar attriburtes/PPMs? Hard to tell.

I tried it with a keeper and there was virtually no change in attributes, so I can only guess that footedness has very little CA weighting for keepers.

Roberts hit them all in the Premiership though.

What, no Champions League? Tunnicliffe is definitely > Roberts then

Not quite true, you're making the mistake people make all the time in these threads and looking at CA as determining attributes rather than vice versa, which is easy to do if you know how the game mechanics work and forget how the game relates to real life. Unfortunately Tunnicliffe would appear to indicate that either two-footedness is valued too highly or a strong "weak" foot doesn't have enough effect in the ME, depending on your perspective.

I haven't made a mistake, what you quoted there is what is meant to be happening. My conclusions were that footedness is weighed too heavily.

What, no Champions League? Tunnicliffe is definitely > Roberts then

His 1089 goals were in a mixture of competitions, but all of the league goals were in the Premiership.

Probably the best thing about Danny Roberts was his 178 goals from 159 England caps, he was actually more prolific under the management of the AI!

Archived