Mr Hough's 4-2-1-3 for FM12

Its a shame that this game seems to be going in the direction of having to have 3 CB because im sure most people like myself like to have a lot of attacking players and 5 at the back just makes you feel like you are playing defensively.

But I think once everyone gets a better working of the game tactics will become more attacking again :)

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I expect sometime during the week, I don't wanna put a date on it because that puts pressure on me and thats not good lol

Yeah, no one pressure hough into a release, pressure will undoubtedly compromise the quality of the tactic as he might release something early which is not 100% effective.

I've been using zonal marking with a high D line, I think that using deep D-Line draws the oppostion on too much and i'm not sure if you have noticed the long range shorts are quite effective in this patch so the last thing i want the defence to be deep so that the oppositon can have a shot from 25 yards and it most likely go in.

Using Man Marking with a high D-Line isn't good either because the oppostion are really fast onto through balls so i find Zonal marking is the best overall

I guess maybe you will have a hard time getting a tactics which work for both good and bad teams then. Because as a bad team I do not get many far shots getting in to my net. But I do get a lot of runs getting past my D-line. Which is most of my goals conceded.

I guess as a good team it would be reverse - More long shots into the net cos of good opponent strikers, but not many runs past the D-line cos of good defenders yourself.

So I really hope you can find some sort of beautiful mix between this, because it really is needed to have a tactic which works for bad teams too. So you can use it to build a bad team into a good team. Good luck MR. H - And feel no stress about it, smooth and easy - And you will succeed.

I couldn't wait for you to release your tactic Dave so from your pictures and from what you said on here i tried to reproduce it (kind of) and it's working a treat :)

Playing as Liverpool and so far played 6 won 6. Goals 17 for 1 against.

Glen Johnson is outstanding, 7 games 2 goals and 2 assists.

I couldn't wait for you to release your tactic Dave so from your pictures and from what you said on here i tried to reproduce it (kind of) and it's working a treat :)

haha same I just went 7 games in a row without conceding, im over the moon :)

I just did 3-2-3-1-1 balanced/standard

gk

CD-bpd CD-D CD-bpd

WB-Att WB-Att

CM-supp CM-def CM-supp

AM-supp

AF-att

put it on the first 2 notches of push and zonal marking thats it.

Sitting top of the league in January now with Liverpool, but going test it with Monaco now.

gk

CD-bpd CD-D CD-bpd

WB-Att WB-Att

CM-supp CM-def CM-supp

AM-supp

AF-att

Sitting top of the league in January now with Liverpool, but going test it with Monaco now.

first 2 notches of push? other settings etc?

Hi Hough...looking forward to the new tactic...would be happy to test any out for you.

Is the new tactic you're developing going to be a classic tactic like the ones for previous FMs? I take it you can still make the tactics in classic mode in FM13.

Any chance you could post this tactic to me so i can try it out until houghs done ? would be much appreciated....altho i understand if you dont want to due to respect for hough.

I guess maybe you will have a hard time getting a tactics which work for both good and bad teams then. Because as a bad team I do not get many far shots getting in to my net. But I do get a lot of runs getting past my D-line. Which is most of my goals conceded.

I guess as a good team it would be reverse - More long shots into the net cos of good opponent strikers, but not many runs past the D-line cos of good defenders yourself.

So I really hope you can find some sort of beautiful mix between this, because it really is needed to have a tactic which works for bad teams too. So you can use it to build a bad team into a good team. Good luck MR. H - And feel no stress about it, smooth and easy - And you will succeed.

What you have said here about the oppositon running past your D-Line is a ME Expolit, The Defence generally stops on the 6 yard box if the ball is crossed or if the oppositon winger is running they leave him unopposed and he will score from the tightest of angles.

This a massive flaw in the ME and something i will be looking to take advantage of until it's patched up

Just wondering what would you actually prefer Classic Tactics or the New Wizard Style.

I've always prefered using the classic rather than the wizard tactics - I never use shouts or OIs or anything usually and love the plug and play method more...I've always thought that you really need to use these with wizard tactics...but I'm probably wrong there!

I've always prefered using the classic rather than the wizard tactics - I never use shouts or OIs or anything usually and love the plug and play method more...I've always thought that you really need to use these with wizard tactics...but I'm probably wrong there!

I never use shouts either just recreated the tactic in the wizard style to see how it was, Happy days gonna upload some more screens tomorrow.

Dave I would recommend you look at doing a Wizard tactic as then people can use it in both Football Manager and Football Manager Classic.

If you only use Classic tactics, then they will not work in FMC.

I would personally prefer Wizard as then I have the option of playing FMC if I required, and you would know how your tactic works using the Wizard instead of some other random person recreating it for you.

Just my £0.02c

Dave I would recommend you look at doing a Wizard tactic as then people can use it in both Football Manager and Football Manager Classic.

If you only use Classic tactics, then they will not work in FMC.

I would personally prefer Wizard as then I have the option of playing FMC if I required, and you would know how your tactic works using the Wizard instead of some other random person recreating it for you.

Just my £0.02c

Yeah that's what i have been thinking, Maybe it's time i made the transition to wizard tactics.

I never use shouts either just recreated the tactic in the wizard style to see how it was, Happy days gonna upload some more screens tomorrow.

Never mind the screens man! :herman: Upload the tactic :) Save FM13 for me. Going back to FM10 until they fix the horrible ME but I will try out ur tactic when it is uploaded

I'm sure Mr.Hough has found a way around this with his new tactic, but......

Is it just me or do the opposition literally just stick every single man behind the ball when you have it and are trying to attack. It just looks ridiculous. I usually play Carrick and Kagawa in my midfield so there is an attacking and defensive balance, however I've been having to play Kagawa and Isco (2 attacking mids) recently just to break down the 2 wall defence that the opposition seem to put up whenever im in their half.

I'm sure Mr.Hough has found a way around this with his new tactic, but......

Is it just me or do the opposition literally just stick every single man behind the ball when you have it and are trying to attack. It just looks ridiculous. I usually play Carrick and Kagawa in my midfield so there is an attacking and defensive balance, however I've been having to play Kagawa and Isco (2 attacking mids) recently just to break down the 2 wall defence that the opposition seem to put up whenever im in their half.

yep having the same problem here mate... and i dont know if you have notice but to me their wingers are more affective than mine aswell (feels like that anyways)

yep having the same problem here mate... and i dont know if you have notice but to me their wingers are more affective than mine aswell (feels like that anyways)

Well yeah, what happens is I've got one of the best midfields in the prem trying to break down 2 solid banks of Southampton defence and failing, only for their wingers to nick the ball of me, run down the wing, dribble their way into the box and shoot or cross into an open man on the opposite post.

It's frustrating to say the least.

Well yeah, what happens is I've got one of the best midfields in the prem trying to break down 2 solid banks of Southampton defence and failing, only for their wingers to nick the ball of me, run down the wing, dribble their way into the box and shoot or cross into an open man on the opposite post.

It's frustrating to say the least.

i feel your pain lol

Here are some screens from a tottenham save, I am very confident in this tactic at the moment and i have noticed alot of things in the ME that are so different to FM12.

I think i have cracked this formation and i'm gonna do one last test with a lower league side and get the tactic up tomorrow

Tottenham after 10 games

Tottenhamafter10games.jpg

Awesome Gylfi

AwesomeGylfi.jpg

QPR Have 0 shots all game!!!!

4-0QPRNoShots.jpg

Fistures so far.

tottenhamfixtures.jpg

As you can see i am doing very well, I'll post more tomorrow

That's some really impressive results right there, especially on this patch which seems to be causing even the best tacticians a few problems.

Hopefully your test with a lower league side goes to plan and tomorrow we have something great to play with.

May I ask what the final formation you decided on was? (Couldn't really follow your earlier posts)

gk

CD-bpd CD-D CD-bpd

WB-Att WB-Att

CM-supp CM-def CM-supp

AM-supp

AF-att

CD-bpd what is bpd ? is that cover, defend or stopper ?

That's some really impressive results right there, especially on this patch which seems to be causing even the best tacticians a few problems.

Hopefully your test with a lower league side goes to plan and tomorrow we have something great to play with.

May I ask what the final formation you decided on was? (Couldn't really follow your earlier posts)

Final formation is a 3-2-3-1-1, Very balanced tactic and although i play 3 at the back it's vert attacking.

Final formation is a 3-2-3-1-1, Very balanced tactic and although i play 3 at the back it's vert attacking.

Awesome, already looking at teams to start a long term save with for tomorrow's release :)

So far im thinking, Malaga, QPR or Liverpool. (Off topic but any suggestions people ???)

Awesome, already looking at teams to start a long term save with for tomorrow's release :)

So far im thinking, Malaga, QPR or Liverpool. (Off topic but any suggestions people ???)

im managing QPR whilst testing daves new tactic and just drew first game 2-2 away to arsenal. will update more tomz :)

You are so lucky Dave! If I was a computer-hacker, I would hack yours right away to get this piece of art, so I could put it on to test instantly. Untill this moment, FM13 is driving me insane.

I have passion for this, I'd make a Brilliant Beta tester, SI if your listening i'm available!

Archived