Sports Interactive Community
Mr Hough

Mr Hough's 4-2-1-3 for FM12

Too many youngies.... at 45, am I the only one who started right back when Champ Man first appeared?

I canremember playing CM93 and then Cm italia on the old amiga.

Then i stopped a while and got right back into it on CM96/97 and been a big fan ever since

Any chance for an FMC version of any future tactic of yours?

I have't been playing any FMC at all, Surely tactics would work in both versions

I have't been playing any FMC at all, Surely tactics would work in both versions

FMC doesn't play classic tactics.

I think that is what he means.

FMC doesn't play classic tactics.

I think that is what he means.

Really i did't know that, Gonna have a look at it now

I've tried to create tactics of my own for this year instead of downloading the (brilliant) Mr. Hough's, however it is not going very well, especially when I am facing inferior opponents.

I am managing Olympiakos from Greece and although its the best team in the league by some margin, I find my team suffering when it comes to defending. I tried ultra attacking formations and simply attacking to score more goals as the players are capable but to no avail. I kept conceding goals and there are specific problems. The full-backs (zonal marking) just sit there and watch wingers cross the ball and the DMC is out of place when the ball is being passed outside the area, simply standing there and looking like an out-of-place AMC. Wingers too don't function very well with this match engine, and after all of that I thought I should change formation, after I got destroyed by BvB in the Champions League (2-5 in Greece for example). To my amazement, an ultra defending tactic works better and you can also score goals mainly by counter attacks or corner kicks.

Now I use a formation similar to Juventus' a 3-2-2-1-2 (or 5-3-2 really, like a Christmas tree), which is translated in 3DC's, a WBR, a WBL, 2 MC's, and AMC and two strikers in different roles, I am using one as trequartista to help with creating opportunities. Slow tempo, short passing, rigid style, narrow and counter attack are the major points, and in the Champions League I lost 1-0 to Real Madrid in the Bernabeu by a penalty, and 1-2 in Greece but I cold have scored 1 (as could Real though). I didn't really change anything in player orders, just kept the preexisting orders for their roles with small differences if any.

Mr. Hough I hope that you will look into it, I am new to the whole in-depth creation of tactics and I would certainly use some help and directions. All in all, it is a good base to begin with but I don't know how to perfect it, and you can use it if you want as an experiment. I would like to read some thoughts on how to create a more attacking style with wingers if you ever are in the mood.

This is the link:

http://uploading.com/files/get/2mad11b9/5-3-2%2BOld%2BItalian.tac

I've tried to create tactics of my own for this year instead of downloading the (brilliant) Mr. Hough's, however it is not going very well, especially when I am facing inferior opponents.

I am managing Olympiakos from Greece and although its the best team in the league by some margin, I find my team suffering when it comes to defending. I tried ultra attacking formations and simply attacking to score more goals as the players are capable but to no avail. I kept conceding goals and there are specific problems. The full-backs (zonal marking) just sit there and watch wingers cross the ball and the DMC is out of place when the ball is being passed outside the area, simply standing there and looking like an out-of-place AMC. Wingers too don't function very well with this match engine, and after all of that I thought I should change formation, after I got destroyed by BvB in the Champions League (2-5 in Greece for example). To my amazement, an ultra defending tactic works better and you can also score goals mainly by counter attacks or corner kicks.

Now I use a formation similar to Juventus' a 3-2-2-1-2 (or 5-3-2 really, like a Christmas tree), which is translated in 3DC's, a WBR, a WBL, 2 MC's, and AMC and two strikers in different roles, I am using one as trequartista to help with creating opportunities. Slow tempo, short passing, rigid style, narrow and counter attack are the major points, and in the Champions League I lost 1-0 to Real Madrid in the Bernabeu by a penalty, and 1-2 in Greece but I cold have scored 1 (as could Real though). I didn't really change anything in player orders, just kept the preexisting orders for their roles with small differences if any.

Mr. Hough I hope that you will look into it, I am new to the whole in-depth creation of tactics and I would certainly use some help and directions. All in all, it is a good base to begin with but I don't know how to perfect it, and you can use it if you want as an experiment. I would like to read some thoughts on how to create a more attacking style with wingers if you ever are in the mood.

This is the link:

I'm glad you have taken the jump to make tactics for yourself but it's extreamly hard to get anything consistant on the Beta, I would wait until the full game comes out and with the stable ME you should find it easier to get a good tactic going.

Best of luck

Dave

This is the link:

I want to give this tactic a try in the full game with Feyenoord.

What about: MP, OI, Pitch size?

Thanks for sharing, I let you know the results.

I love your smashes the beta tactic, used to use your rolls back the years tactic in 12 which was always incredible but I have 1 issue, playing with a good team as I am whenever i play against a rubbish team they just put 11 men behind the ball and I will sometimes lose or draw whereas playing against Barca im 2-0 up after 30 mins... Any ideas for games where the other team defends so heavily?

****New Tactic Update****

I will be releasing my new tactic this week, It's a 3-2-3-1-1. Abit of a strange formation from me but i know that the Fullbacks are incredibly strong so i have to include them in the tactic someway and also having 3 at the back and in midfield is incredibly strong also.

I am already thinking of changes to the tactic so I'll most probably release 2 versions of the tactic with one being the above formation and the other version being a variation of the 4-1-2-1-2 formation but with 3 CB's 2 Wingbacks 2 Midfielders an AMC and 2 ST's.

Both Formations are incredibly strong with the latter being slightly more attacking for them FM players who wanna score goals galore.

I've tested this tactic with Everton so far and I've been tweaking a lot as i go along so i can't 100% say its a proper test but even so i've done incredibly well.

Some screens to January.

League after 21 games.

Evertonafter21games.jpg

3-2-3-1-2 Formation.

FinalTacticVersion3-2-3-1-2.jpg

3-2-2-1-2 Formation.

FinalTacticVersion3-2-2-1-2.jpg

Everton Squad No Signings.

EvertonSquad-3.jpg

I think i could have done a lot better in this test if i had set the tactic out from the start instead of tweaking here and there to get the right balance, I am gonna do another top league test probably Tottenham and a lower league one as well.

I'll have more information as soon as there done.

looking forward to ur new tactic Mr Hough!

I'm a big fan of ur fm12 tactics:D

Mr Hough

Some great results with Everton there, but if you have the time can you test it with Juventus? They have a good set up for this sort of tactic, and I think alot of clubs in Italy are starting to use it. Would be a good place to test it out.

Too many youngies.... at 45, am I the only one who started right back when Champ Man first appeared?

I also tried the cm 93 but really got into it in the CM2 version when there was only English and Scottish leagues available. My favorite to this date is still CM 01/02.

Mr Hough

Some great results with Everton there, but if you have the time can you test it with Juventus? They have a good set up for this sort of tactic, and I think alot of clubs in Italy are starting to use it. Would be a good place to test it out.

Check your messages

Great news Dave!

I can't wait for it, since with the current state of the game, where it seems I can't do anything right, I'm very close to throwing it into the garbage :D

Great news Dave!

I can't wait for it, since with the current state of the game, where it seems I can't do anything right, I'm very close to throwing it into the garbage :D

Complete opporsite for me, This probably the easiest FM to make tactics on, Honestly

Complete opporsite for me, This probably the easiest FM to make tactics on, Honestly

You serious? Now I'm eager to try this even more. Frustration is very high at the moment

You serious? Now I'm eager to try this even more. Frustration is very high at the moment

Yeah i'm serious, People try and make tactics to include wingers but the wingers in this patch are no where near as effective as the wingbacks, If you set them up correctly (like i seem to have) then they can be completly devestating, Sheaus Coleman scored 9 in 17 for me as Everton from the Right Fullback Position.

Yeah i'm serious, People try and make tactics to include wingers but the wingers in this patch are no where near as effective as the wingbacks, If you set them up correctly (like i seem to have) then they can be completly devestating, Sheaus Coleman scored 9 in 17 for me as Everton from the Right Fullback Position.

Yeah I noticed that in your screenshot, seems so good to me! Especially because in my save, I have strong wingbacks. Your tactic will probably save my season, I'm convinced by that.

Any chance at all of getting a pre-release of these tactics to work with Dave?

If you want i'll test with my second team Greenock Morton.....Or a worse team like Rangers hahaha. Can't wait dave.

results look very good. Looking forward to giving this a try but personal preference for me would be going for the 2 striker tactic as i am a sucker for having a load of strikers in my squad.

Mr Hough , when did you use the 3-2-2-1-2 and respectively 3-2-3-1-1?

Did you use both of them in your test in the league?

Mr Hough , when did you use the 3-2-2-1-2 and respectively 3-2-3-1-1?

Did you use both of them in your test in the league?

No i used the 3-2-3-1-1 for the majority of the time then when i felt i wasnt scoring enough i switched to the 2 ST formation.

MR Hough can you tell the secret for the wingbacks?

Simple really set the up like wingers

Looks like a nice formation there, can't wait to try it out with my good old swansea!

Simple really set the up like wingers

I tried to replicate your 41212 fm 10 tactic with my United team in the BETA. Although i'm crap at making tactics, so it was generally a flop, i did notice the effectiveness of wingbacks. I had them set to a defensive duty and still they were just ripping the opposition apart down the flank. Rafael was playing like Ronaldo!

I canremember playing CM93 and then Cm italia on the old amiga.

Then i stopped a while and got right back into it on CM96/97 and been a big fan ever since

I have had every game since it first came out including FM italia and the German and spanish games on the amiga and i'm 39 now, loved everyone but have to agree 01/02 was by far the best one with the 4-1-3-2 formation...

I have had every game since it first came out including FM italia and the German and spanish games on the amiga and i'm 39 now, loved everyone but have to agree 01/02 was by far the best one with the 4-1-3-2 formation...

Everyone loves the old 01/02, I might have to download it and get a game going i'm sure there is a forum somewhere

just a quick question.. i find my players are not closing down the oppositions players although i have close down and tight marking selected

is it best to have close down your own area or whole pitch, i'm watching the matches and they just stand there like dummys while the opposing players move into space and get it back then score !

my marking is zonal tight marking is on all players except strikers and closing down is on whole pitch so you would of thought they would close down and win the ball but there players seem to be on there own unmarked every time and it is really P*****g me off lol

Mr Hough, before releasing your tactic you should try option with DMC instead of the middle CM. In my save Wigan currently playing 3-3-2MC-AMC-ST - first place after 9 games.

Mr Hough, before releasing your tactic you should try option with DMC instead of the middle CM. In my save Wigan currently playing 3-3-2MC-AMC-ST - first place after 9 games.

Ha alreadydone that, I have been looking into making it more tighter and stumbled across this, I have abandanded the 2 ST formation for the time being, I can't concentrate on 2 tactics at the same time so i'm gonna perfect this formation then i'll move onto the 2 ST formation but with the same base.

Great. Looking forward to it. Are you using zonal or man marking?

I went through the exact same when i first got the game 2 at the back is hard because if the oppostion plays a lone ST he seems to drift right through the middle, So i decided to play 3 at the back and this helps alot.

It's hard to get players to do what you want them to because you think you have the right set up but it just dosent seem to click, It takes alot of tweaking to see what works and what dosent work.

At the moment i have my base which is that tactic i have been going on about today and now i'm tweaking the formation trying slightly different things to see what works and what dosent.

I don't believe in this 'Give it 10 games to work' i think if it's gonna work then it's gonna work in 1 game and thats what i look at when making tactics.

Ha alreadydone that, I have been looking into making it more tighter and stumbled across this, I have abandanded the 2 ST formation for the time being, I can't concentrate on 2 tactics at the same time so i'm gonna perfect this formation then i'll move onto the 2 ST formation but with the same base.

Happy to run some tests for you with French clubs if you like. Any idea as to when this will be available Mr Hough?

I've been using zonal marking with a high D line, I think that using deep D-Line draws the oppostion on too much and i'm not sure if you have noticed the long range shorts are quite effective in this patch so the last thing i want the defence to be deep so that the oppositon can have a shot from 25 yards and it most likely go in.

Using Man Marking with a high D-Line isn't good either because the oppostion are really fast onto through balls so i find Zonal marking is the best overall

When are you releasing this tactic Mr Hough?

I expect sometime during the week, I don't wanna put a date on it because that puts pressure on me and thats not good lol