Sports Interactive Community
Mr Hough

Mr Hough's 4-2-1-3 for FM12

Only if they are online and allow Steam to update the game, of course.

But indeed, most (probably almost all) will be on 12.2.2

Would be nice if you released your tactic Mr. H, because not everyone of us will buy FM13. (Not in the first release days anyways)

For those who are interested....

Just spoke to Mr.Hough on fb (yes, he is still alive, despite his disappearance from the forums for a while). He informed me that he will probably continue making tactics for the new game, I assume he will need a few weeks after the 2nd November release date, so until then!

Wooooo!

I logged out of my account and have forgot my password, I have contacted SI regarding this and waiting for an E-Mail to i can sign back in as Mr Hough.

Nightmare but i'll use this login until i can sign back in as Mr Hough.

Great to hear from you! :)

Having fun in the BETA?

Yes and No, Iam using one of my old tactics and having varied success with it,I don't like this ME at all though seems very jittery and unrealistc

Yes and No, Iam using one of my old tactics and having varied success with it,I don't like this ME at all though seems very jittery and unrealistc

Don't think we can draw very many conclusions from a BETA match engine, especially when its very likely there will be a release date patch for the final game. Although, early indications would suggest the engines dislike of the 442, 4231, 4411 and 4222 formations, which is good for me atleast, because they are my favourite formations. Not sure if you can call these formations exploits just yet, as we are yet to see what the full game is like.

Glad to see you back around the forums though, and look forward to your tactical creations on fm13. Always here to help around your thread as ever.

Good luck :)

I like the 4-1-2-1-2 formation and have had success with, Changed it to a 4-1-2-3 now and i'm gonna see how it goes

I like the 4-1-2-1-2 formation and have had success with, Changed it to a 4-1-2-3 now and i'm gonna see how it goes

The prospect of a 4-1-2-1-2 is quite exciting, I remember the good old days of complete domination!

ahhh :)

Ye a 4-1-2-1-2 would be epic!

Love the look of that formation.

Think it can work really really well.

Welcome back Dave, we missed ya :)

Also what 4-1-2-1-2 are you using now?

If its any consolation I have been having great success with your Mr Hough Back to His Best 4-1-2-3 Fm12.1.1 (Man Utd, Mar 2013) tactic!

If its any consolation I have been having great success with your Mr Hough Back to His Best 4-1-2-3 Fm12.1.1 (Man Utd, Mar 2013) tactic!

In FM13 or FM12?

In FM13 or FM12?

Precisely, and if you are talking about in FM13, then do provide a link please mate!

Don't mind at all, One thing i would change is the Fullbacks Marking from Zonal to Man, Zonal Marking on the fullbacks in Terrible in this FM.

I haven't noticed anything else yet. I'll let you all know if i do.

Fullback to Man marking is the best idea!

Working even better now. Thanks Dave

Great news Mr. H - Good to see you're back working on the tactic! And thanks for posting every good idea you find out here about your old tactics. Even tho the ME might change at release day it's great for us to have this news so we can have a little bit of fun in the BETA too :)

I think there are more people than me who just can't get their tactical ideas of football into a game... like FM is.

I started using the back to best tactic with a few wee tweaks with my Celtic save, i've only played 3 games with it but won 3 scoring 10 conceding 2.......With a 5-1 over Valencia in Champs leauge. I put full backs on man marking, ticked targetman and play makers and set both in set peice screen (both my cm are set as playmakers) put through balls and crosses on somethimes for 2 outer forwards and set central strikers wide play to normal.

I'll let you know how it goes after another 10 games or so.

I started using the back to best tactic with a few wee tweaks with my Celtic save, i've only played 3 games with it but won 3 scoring 10 conceding 2.......With a 5-1 over Valencia in Champs leauge. I put full backs on man marking, ticked targetman and play makers and set both in set peice screen (both my cm are set as playmakers) put through balls and crosses on somethimes for 2 outer forwards and set central strikers wide play to normal.

I'll let you know how it goes after another 10 games or so.

Please can you put a link to this tactic? thank you very much

Just out of interest Mr.Hough, what have you been doing training and match prep wise, I cant really get my head round the whole thing :/

Just out of interest Mr.Hough, what have you been doing training and match prep wise, I cant really get my head round the whole thing :/

Hardly nohing really, I'm just playing games and seeing whats improved. Waiting for the full game and patch to be released then i'll take the game seriously

Hardly nohing really, I'm just playing games and seeing whats improved. Waiting for the full game and patch to be released then i'll take the game seriously

Fair enough, the whole thing looks baffling to me. Think they over did it a little. Might have to leave that kinda stuff to the assistant

Ehh how'd you put a tactic up on here? It's easy enough just to follow my instuctions. Match prep etc... i'm just messing about with at the moment. Team talks either My ass man (haha) or what i used on FM12.

By the way haven't really had a chance to play since my last post :(

Ehh how'd you put a tactic up on here? It's easy enough just to follow my instuctions. Match prep etc... i'm just messing about with at the moment. Team talks either My ass man (haha) or what i used on FM12.

By the way haven't really had a chance to play since my last post :(

The instructions you have posted are as simple to follow as abc, If you wanna post a tactic go for it but i can easily foolow your instructions and im sure most people will also be able to

I can see that it's much easier developing player now with the new training system, at least in my opinion. The only thing I can't get 100% sure of what to use is the match prep, and how much % of time for match prep.

Okay, it's looking like I'm actually going to have to play this BETA properly or else I wont have a clue what to do with training and match prep when it comes to the full game.

I'll probs use that tactic of Mr. Houghs which was posted a few posts back. Ill post results as and when I can.

Also playing Narrow with Offside and Counter attack unticked works well too.

I Find Narrow is plus on this particular patch.

Should both Offside and counter attack be unticked?

Or do you mean Narrow play with Offside works?

Should both Offside and counter attack be unticked?

Or do you mean Narrow play with Offside works?

Offside and Counter attack Unticked.

Narrow is good i have my tactic on the last notch of narrow.

I have made some other changes and unsure as to either upload the tactic itself or just list the changes i have made

My game has just crashed, It is happenening alot to be honest has anyone else experianced any sudden crashes

Offside and Counter attack Unticked.

Narrow is good i have my tactic on the last notch of narrow.

I have made some other changes and unsure as to either upload the tactic itself or just list the changes i have made

Do you mean with last notch mean 0 ticks are the 1 before normal?

Easier to upload it I think.. Otherwise there will be many questions over and over again.

Yeah i'll looking into uploading it soon.

I must stress this isn't a world beater but it should give you some excitment until the proper patch comes out.

Anyone having any joy? I'm finding everythings very inconsistant. I can't seem to string 4-5 results together :(

This game Crashes all the time its ******* me off to be honest, I'd love to string 10 games together

I'd rather mine crashed than see my keeper end up with a 3.6 in an away game to Dundee as he basicaly dived in the opposite direction and conceded 3 easy goal. What gets me is the amount of shots on target the opposition have. In the Dundee game they had 13 on target, in real life Dundee haven't had 13 shots this year!

I am having great succsess with your Cena Vs The rock tactic. After 10 games 1 position in PL with Everton

Happy Days mate, Might have to have a look at that

can some 1 uploaed Cena Vs The rock tactic as the link bust

If you google it you should find it!

Just a question Mr hough, for MC DMC, AML AMR STC, wich prefered moves do you use? Is it move into channels for AML AMR and STC?

I am having great succsess with your Cena Vs The rock tactic. After 10 games 1 position in PL with Everton

Giving it a try with my PSG side...am not having success with anything right now.