Mr Hough's 4-2-1-3 for FM12

i have a query. in the team instructions the team are asked to play the ball down both flanks,is this correct? i used this for a short while and the results were not as impressive as others that have used it. i changed it to through the middle and have seen an immediate change. i am now scoring more and conceding less. and its starting to look like i will achieve what other users have!!

my query is shall i keep it as original (down both flanks) and hope that it comes good or keep it through the middle???? help please!!!

The idea behind it was that with the ST's marking the Fullbacks they will recieve the ball faster and try and take on the fullback quicker.

I like the idea of through the middle too though becuase it will keep the team compact rather than moving them out wide, If playing through the middle works best for you id leave it at that

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After like the best first season ever..the tactic looks to be suffering in my second season...great!

Going to try and keep going and tweak things here and there.. :(

Nightmare, This kind of thing happens every now and again

After like the best first season ever..the tactic looks to be suffering in my second season...great!

Going to try and keep going and tweak things here and there.. :(

Have a second good tactic set up that is different to this one. eg try Hough's one with the AML and AMR (can't remember the name!). Use it for about 10 games in second season then return to the original. Has worked for me on my long term Man Utd save

Have a second good tactic set up that is different to this one. eg try Hough's one with the AML and AMR (can't remember the name!). Use it for about 10 games in second season then return to the original. Has worked for me on my long term Man Utd save

I actually hate fm 12, nothing it does actually makes sense...AT ALL.

@Hough Have you experienced this before...what did you do?

@KingEric07 He has quite a few with AML/AMR can you try and specify? Also do you just add the second tactic into match prep or do you replace it with the first then change back to this one after 10 games?

Great Tactic, and you don't even have a super striker for the job :)

I'm on fire in the competion, even in de UEFA League i'm doing verry good against much better teams

And here my "Superstriker" and i'm in January and Dominic is on international play whit Ghana, so i'm miss him until February. but Ac Milan give me also Paloschi :lol:

I'm having fun just to play Fm :D

2l4382.png

I actually hate fm 12, nothing it does actually makes sense...AT ALL.

@KingEric07 He has quite a few with AML/AMR can you try and specify? Also do you just add the second tactic into match prep or do you replace it with the first then change back to this one after 10 games?

I agree. FM12 has been close to being unistalled a few times!

I used the Cena v Rock one and have it in the match prep. Just select something that is a different formation to you usual tactic

I agree. FM12 has been close to being unistalled a few times!

I used the Cena v Rock one and have it in the match prep. Just select something that is a different formation to you usual tactic

Okay ill try that, thanks. Around when do you swap back to your main tactic...after the group stage of the champions league? 10 premier league games?

Okay ill try that, thanks. Around when do you swap back to your main tactic...after the group stage of the champions league? 10 premier league games?

Roughly about 10 games all comps. I've even kept the 2nd tactic on throughout the season if results are good

Has Mr.Hough died....?!

Or rather just his thread?

Decided to continue my man city test just for fun.

Back to back champions league, league cup and league titles for me. Still yet to win the fa cup with it, no idea why that happens but yeah :s

Great tactic, but in the second season its not as effective as in the first! Higuain got 94 goals in his second season as opposed to the 123 he got in the first, although my other strikers scored a lot more. Benzema 27 goals in 21 games. Neymar 31 goals in 23 games. Aguero 18 goals in 38 games and Tevez got 27 goals in 56 games. So higuain may have scored more had he have played as many games as he did last year i suppose!

Six games in and in my last three games - I have had a player sent off in each game!! Has this happened anyone else??

EDIT: Make that nine games with 4 players sent off in those games! Never happened me before!

Goals really dried up for me in my 2nd season of grid tac with Bayern, so I thought I'd give this a try. Goals are back but at the expense of conceding. I conceded 7 goals in 3 games with this tactic, having only conceded 6 in my first ten games.

I've gone 11 games losing using this tactic! I'm lost on how i can over-come this!!

Team Meeting didnt work!

I'f its a team talk issue, then set assistant for the time being and see if you can get results stable-- then try and find a good team talk guide.

Match prep teamwork on very high until completely fluid then change to very high attacking movement.

Make sure you actually have defensive players in the dm position. If you like you can go for a defensive deeplying playmaker type of player and then a more solid anchor man eg. Yaya Toure and De Jong.

Your cm has to be the most creative player on the pitch- silva/Sneijder/Ozil/Pastore/Dzagoev/Scholes/Iniesta...you get the point.

Your outside strikers need to be relatively quick but more so strikers who you can visage easily playing on the wing or in the amc position. For example...Rooney, Young, Gaitan, Hulk, Aguero, Tevez, Ronaldo, Messi.

Your central striker needs to be the quickest player on the pitch, look for high stats in acceleration, pace and agility, Literally the quicker the player the more goals he scored, as you can see in my screenshots Higuain hit over 120. Playing oscar Cardozo here wont work, you need players like Gomez, Ba, Higuain, Benzema, Agbonlahor, Walcott, Pato, Torres etc

Hope this helps :)

Thanks - I already have Assistant do team talks! Some slow progress so far will try the other tips!!

I wish i had those players I'm playing ar crystal palace was hoping to get out of the championship in the 1st year with this tactic!

Love how the team plays the ball around on the pitch with this tactic! Defensive work is top notch even though match prep is attacking!

now i do agree with you regarding the offensive play. but i really struggle when it comes to clean sheets. have not had one in over 20 games!! i play as man united so the amount conceded is not acceptable!! does anyone have any tips or should i leave it be and hope its just a blip?

now i do agree with you regarding the offensive play. but i really struggle when it comes to clean sheets. have not had one in over 20 games!! i play as man united so the amount conceded is not acceptable!! does anyone have any tips or should i leave it be and hope its just a blip?

Could be down to your defence? I had the second lowest goals conceded last season, so it probably isnt the tactic. I also changed the tackling for the DM's to Normal as I was getting too many red cards!

After several years conquering the PL and the CL with my amazing AFC Wimbledon team I'm too afraid to upgrade to ML for my mac since Steam will update and my 12.0.X will also be updated, which means, that my 4-1-1-2-2 tactic will not be as good as it used to.... So can this tactic work for me when I have two amazing wingers +++ amazing strikers?

• 3 weeks later...
I do have another tactic that i have been using for a while now, Keeped it too myself though, Not sure weather i should upload it or not as FM13 will be out soon.

I certainly hope you do m8!

Could use a new tactic that gives me the FM-joy back. Your tactics are always able to do that :D

I do have another tactic that i have been using for a while now, Keeped it too myself though, Not sure weather i should upload it or not as FM13 will be out soon.

I geuss evry one will love to you upload it.

What is formation if we can know ? :D

I'd quite like to see the tactic you've been using hough - usually use either yours or brobs and he's been away for a while - nothing has really got me any consistency on 12.2.2 so if you've got something that shines could you either put it in here or PM me it mate...cheers bud

• 4 weeks later...

started a new season with FC Koln, the results are excellent 7P 7W. i will post results and images when i finish the first half of the season. in my opinion this is the strongest tactic in comparison to Hazza and FMTN Grid. I have tested Hazza and Grid for two seasons with Bolton. The only issue i have in the current game with Koln is how to play the three strikers, i have podolski novakovic jong tae-se any help?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived