[FM12] 60% of the time, it works everytime

markyosullivan

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7A0Bw.gif

AC Oulu - Finnish Premier League - 2023 (Preview)

Finnish Premier League

First season in this league. 12 teams in the league and all the teams play each other 3 times, so we'll have 33 games per season.

Board Expectations: Respectable position

Media Prediction: 6th (out of 12)

Finnish League Cup

Board Expectations: Not important

Finnish Cup

Board Expectations: Be competitive

Transfers

IN: £24k

Lauri Dalla Valle - Former Liverpool youth player is probably my biggest signing so far on this save. Paying big wages for him but has shown he is a great striker at this level having had a few brilliant seasons with a different Finnish Premier League team. Will be starting ST.

Meaataz Mitwali - Gave him a trial while I was at Kållered SK, he did impress me but we didn't have a good enough wage budget to get him in. Should be starting LB.

Armando Guevara - 15 caps, 6 goals already for his country and this is a 18 year old defender we're talking about. Will play a big part this season and is easily my star player. Will not surprise me if some big clubs are rumoured to be interested in signing him come the end of this season.

Serge Yao - Good French DM, versatile and I will most likely mainly use him as a CB this season. Came through the youth at AJ Auxerre.

Gej Corbett - Came through the Arsenal youth academy before switching to AFC Wimbledon in L2, had a very good debut season there and continued to impress the season after when AFC Wimbledon were in L1. Surprised to see him released by AFC Wimbledon or perhaps they didn't have the money for him :confused:

Aku Alonen - Looks like a great prospect, will provide competition for the CM spot.

Jonathan Blomqvist (£24k) - Probably my favourite player in this save. There was a couple players I wanted to sign as soon as I joined here, Blomqvist is one and another one is one of the players I had on loan at Kållered SK. Glad I've got him for a cheap fee although I spent nearly half my transfer budget to get him. Should be my starting CM. Was nice what he said before he joined and after he joined. ( Before / After )

Christopher Torres - Pacey winger who was part of the Mexico squad who finished 3rd in the North American U20 Championship in 2021. Will be my starting RW.

Transfer Summary

Squad

Pleased that I've managed to assemble quite a strong squad in such a short space of time. Strengthened a number of areas where we were weak.

xR6gm.png

Finances

In debt atm but hopeful that we'll make a profit each month.

Transfer Budget: £50k

Wage Budget: £12,025 per week (currently spending £12,184 per week)

Balance: £114,956

Finance Summary

Targets

Meet the boards expectation. The board expects me to finish in a respectable position and that's exactly what I want to do.

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, been busy the last week or so, hopefully will have an update by the end of the week.

Good luck in Finland:thup:

Thanks JackJCFC

Dalla Valle should be a great signing.

Well judging from his performances so far, I believe he is the best signing I've ever had in all of the FM games I've played. Hoping he'll keep up these performances throughout the season.

The 2nd Team option is unique! Do they play in th esame league pyramid as you like Spain or do they have their own league for reserves?

It's the first time I've ever seen something like that happen. Unfortunately my 2nd team haven't been entered into a reserve league/ lower Finnish league yet :( Hopefully next season they will be.

You've got a pretty decent squad there- good luck!

It's a start and I'll hopefully be able to strengthen the squad every year.

It's funny how average looking players like Blomqvist turn out to be some of the best in the game, and crucial to the smooth running of a team. Nice looking squad.

I wouldn't say he's my best player, but he's the type of player who basically never have a bad game. Think I seen him have one bad game at Ass IF and I'm pretty sure that's the only one. Very reliable player, felt he deserved to play at a higher level than Kållered SK and so far he's proven he's capable at playing at this level.

7A0Bw.gif

AC Oulu - Finnish Premier League - 2023 (Review)

Overall it was a brilliant first season with AC Oulu and went a lot better than I imagined.

Finnish Premier League

We got our league campaign off to the perfect start recording a 3-0 win away from home against the current title holders HJK. It showed how lethal we were up front and we nearly scored in every single league game. Defensively we were also very solid, rarely conceding more than 1 goal. In the 2nd half of the season we had a 15 match unbeaten run and the last game of that run we became the champions with 4 games remaining. After we secured the title we took a relaxed approach to the league, playing more youth players and in the next game we got beat 5-0, not the nicest way for the run to end.

Having finished 1st in the league, we have now secured Champions League football and it will be the first time I will experience managing in a European competition, something which I'm really looking forward to.

Standings

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Finnish League Cup

Weirdly enough the entire Finnish League Cup is played before the League actually starts. There's also a group stage at the start of the League Cup. There's 2 groups in the group stages, both have 6 teams, the top 4 qualify for the quarter finals. We actually struggled in the quarter finals, the game finished 2-2 against Honka and we needed penalties to go through. We won in a convincing fashion in the Semi's beating KuPS 4-1 and then went on to lift the cup winning on penalties against Jaro after the game finished 2-2.

Fixtures

Finnish Cup

Another good cup run. We entered in the 7th round winning 3-1, then had a dominant win in the quarter finals winning 6-0 (although the team we played against aren't in the playable leagues in Finland), beat Jaro on penalties in the Semi's after the game finished 1-1 (Jaro must hate us, the amount of times we've beat them on penalties). Unfortunately we didn't perform well in the final, losing 1-0 to FC Inter. Dalla Valle was absent for the final having picked up an injury shortly before it, had he been fit, we would've won this cup as well.

Fixtures

Transfers

No additional signings and no other players were sold/ released.

Finances

In debt atm but hoping that being in Europe next season will help our finances

Transfer Budget: £26,009

Wage Budget: £11,368 (currently spending £11,308)

Balance: £277,981

Finance Summary

Key Players

Lauri Dalla Valle - Made a brilliant start to his AC Oulu career and continued to perform throughout the whole season. Even though he's getting a bit old, I still believe that he'll have another great season next season and possibly the season after. 2nd highest goalscorer in the league. 37 starts, 29 goals, 12 assists and 11 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 7.58 for this season.

Armando Guevara - Having only joined the club at the start of the season, I've already noticed him getting better. Very strong in the air which is really useful for corners. Plays a key part in defence. Although it's nice having players in the squad playing for their country, we do miss him when he's on international duty. Been linked with a transfer to one of the Greek giants. 37 starts, 10 goals, 1 assist and 4 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 7.36 for this season.

Christopher Torres - Pacey winger twisted and turned every single LB in the division, none of them could cope with his pace and his intelligent runs which lead to him being involved in many of our goals. Has been linked with a return to Mexico with one of the big clubs there. 38 starts, 17 goals, 17 assists and 7 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 7.43 for this season.

Gej Corbett - Product from the Arsenal youth academy and certainly plays like a Arsenal player. Created the most goals for the team. Newcastle have already made a £350k bid for him which is far too low IMO and so I raised the asking price to £10M and I'm sure there'll be a number of rumours during pre-season about what clubs are interested in him. 42 starts, 10 goals, 21 assists and 8 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 7.43

Targets

Meet the boards expectation. The board expects me to finish in a respectable position and that's exactly what I want to do.

Achieved. Didn't think we'd win the league in our first season but luckily my new team settled quickly and performed very well throughout the whole season.

Former Club Watch

Assi IF Finished 2nd 7 points behind the champions

Nordvärmlands FF Still yet to return to Swedish Second Division football

Kållered SK Not a great season, 7th in the Swedish First Division South

Awards

Christopher Torres was named Signing of the Season for the 2023 season, he was also named Finnish Premier League Rookie of the Year.

Armando Guevara was named Finnish Premier League Defender of the Year

Lauri Dalla Valle was named Finnish Premier League Most Man of the Match

4 of my players were named in the Finnish Premier League Team of the Season

I was named Finnish Premier League Manager of the Year

Other

AC Oulu Legend Niko Perera decided to retire at the end of the season

Fans' Player of the Year: Lauri Dalla Valle

Finnish Premier League: 1st - Champions (23-5-5)

Finish League Cup: Winners

Finnish Cup: Final

Guess you're able to us the League Cup as a pre-season. Congrats on the Double!

I'll be including it in my next season preview, wasn't sure whether or not to include it for the 2023 Preview.

It's always exciting reaching European football for the first time in a career.

It's taken quite a long time for me to get a club into European football so I'm excited about how we do in our first year in European football.

7A0Bw.gif

AC Oulu - Finnish Premier League - 2024 (Preview)

Finnish Premier League

After the great season we had last year in the league the board has told me that they expect us to finish 1st and become league champions for the 2nd year in a row, I'm pretty sure we should be able to do this, we've managed to hold on to our key players while adding a couple to the squad at the same time. Ultimately I think it'll depend on how much our title rivals have strengthened during the off season.

Board Expectations: Winners

Media Prediction: 2nd

Finnish Cup

Hopefully going to go one better this season and win it!

Board Expectations: Be competitive

Finnish League Cup

Even though the board don't believe the Finnish League Cup is important, we managed to win the cup again. At first it looked like we might of not been able to get through the group stage, drawing the first 2 games then losing the 3rd but we picked up 2 vital wins in our remaining group games to finish joint first in our group. Easy 4-0 win in the quarter final (against the team which beat us in the group stages) before winning 1-0 against MYPA in the Semis before winning 2-0 against Jaro in the final. In that 5 game winning streak we conceded 0 goals.

Fixtures

Board Expectations: Not important

Transfers

IN: £0

Bosko Kosanovic - 20 year old Serbian gives the team a bit more depth in Centre Midfield. Apparently has good potential and will hopefully develop into a quality player. Unfortunately during his short time at the club so far, he's already had a meeting with me where he informed me that he hasn't settled in well in Finland and so I let him leave the club for a month, back at the club now and I'm hopeful that his homesickness is away if it isn't he'll be sold at the end of the season.

Alekber Karamanoglu - 19 year old already capped 20 times by the German U21 squad (scoring 3 times), also has Turkish nationality so if he's not good enough for the German national squad, he could possibly end up being in the Turkey squad. Should be my starting CM alongside Blomqvist this year. Has potential so can improve quite a lot.

Olli Tynkkynen - Experienced striker played many years in this league with Honka, can also used in Left Wing or Right Wing which is useful. He's also Finnish which will help me when I have to pick a squad for European football.

OUT: £12k

Aku Alonen (£12k) - Loan (End of Season) - Having already bought a couple of CM for my team I received a loan offer for Alonen. VPS were offering to pay my club £12k so he could go on a season loan. Although they said that he'll be "cover for the first team", I'm still hopeful he'll get a good number of games and will benefit from this loan deal.

Transfer Summary

Squad

My biggest worry this year is for when we have to announce our squad for the Champions League, scared we won't have enough HG players in the squad. We could do with a couple of players to provide backup to the first team.

JdsIR.png

Finances

They really don't look great atm, a good run in Europe will definitely help the finances. Over my wage budget which isn't great.

Transfer Budget: £27k

Wage Budget: £11,328 per week (currently spending £13,150 per week)

Balance: £441,659

Finance Summary

Targets

Win the League. We won it last year and now I'm aiming to do it 2 years in a row.

Win the Finnish Cup. Finalists last year, maybe this is the year we'll win it?

Don't be embarrassed in Europe. Really hope we won't get thrashed in Europe before the group stages.

Also noticed this season that the 2nd Team has still not been entered into a Finnish division/ Reserve league which is really annoying. Think it's vital for the club I'm at to have a Reserve team/ B team, helps with the development of youngsters and helps players who are returning from injury.

wre9s.png?1

First time I've been linked to a managerial post. Decided to keep quiet about it. If I receive an offer from them it'd be hard to resist.

Pros

- New country, never managed in Norway

- Better facilities (training and youth)

- Bigger stadium (13,456)

- Have a 2nd team who play 2 divisions below the senior squad (which is a playable league)

- Higher prize money

Cons

- Squad rules (Maximum of 11 non-homegrown players, Minimum of 2 players trained at the club for 3 years before their 21st birthday)

- Ageing squad, most players in their 30's very close to their 30s and will probably need replaced soon

- Not in Europe

- Currently in one of the relegation places (15th out of 16 teams, bottom 2 relegated)

Haven't been approached yet but if they approach me I'm not 100% sure what I should do.

iOeqc.png?1

So they've approached me. The transfer budget is very tempting, I know that if I did accept their offer I could probably afford to get 2 of my best players at AC Oulu, one would definitely be Armando Guevara who is attracting interest from Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch clubs, he currently has me in his favoured personnel which would boost my chances of signing him. The wage budget is nearly 5 times my wage budget at AC Oulu. They'd also be paying me nearly 6 times as what I'm being paid currently at AC Oulu.

7A0Bw.gif

AC Oulu Confirm Wakefield Departure

In a statement to the press this morning one of the board members confirmed that Dean Wakefield had left the club to sign as Stabæk Fotball's manager. It was rumoured that Stabæk Fotball had been interested in Wakefield following the departure of their old manager Olof Persson who had been sacked for poor performances in the league. Wakefield has had a lot of success at AC Oulu, in less than 2 seasons he has won the league and won 2 cups, many believed that he was on the way to a 2nd league title. Wakefield also guided AC Oulu to European football and they will be in the Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round later this year.

zujAn.png

Wakefield Confirmed As New Stabæk Fotball Manager

A press conference was called this morning to introduce Dean Wakefield to the media as the new Stabæk Fotball manager. The Stabæk Fotball board are delighted to have got their top target for the job. Many believe that Wakefield could be the man to bring back success to Stabæk Fotball who haven't won anything since 2020 when they won the Norwegian Cup. Wakefield has proven his ability as a manager having had great success at his past 2 clubs, AC Oulu and Kållered SK. He has also shown that he can adapt to new countries having managed 3 clubs in Sweden before moving to Finland to manage AC Oulu. Wakefield's first challenge will be to raise moral in the squad and to get the team higher in the league, away from the relegation places.

Dean Wakefield had this to say

I'm pleased to be given this chance to manage Stabæk Fotball and I want to thank the board for trusting me with this position. I don't expect this to be an easy task reshaping this squad and changing the clubs fortunes both on and off the field but I have confidence in my ability and firmly believe that I can take this club to the next level. I hope to bring back success to this club and turn Stabæk Fotball into one of the best Norwegian clubs.

I'll be looking for this club to play the same style of football that I played at AC Oulu. The club needs to be lethal up front scoring lots of goals but also solid in defence preventing any goals from being conceded.

Unfortunately I don't know any Norwegian but when I first managed in Sweden I didn't know any Swedish and eventually became fluent in the language, I also couldn't speak any Finnish when I moved to Finland but quickly picked up the language. If anyone wishes to ask me anything in Norwegian for the next couple of months you'll have to speak slowly.

Club Background

bKn0e.png?1

Stadium

Name: Stabæk Stadium

Capacity: 13456 all-seater

Year Built: 2014

Stadium Condition: Very good

Under Soil Heating: Yes

Roof: No

Surface: Grass

Pitch Dimensions: Length: 102m, Width: 65m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions: Length: 119m, Width: 92m

Pitch Condition: Very Good

Facilities

Corporate Facilities: Top corporate facilities

Training Facilities: Top training facilities

Youth Facilities: Good youth facilities

Junior Coaching: Average junior coaching

Youth Recruitment: Above average youth recruitment

Affiliated Clubs

Follo - Norway (Feeder)

Lyngby - Denmark (Feeder)

Metalurgs - Latvia (Feeder)

OhVIz.png

Hoping that they'll produce a few quality Croatian youngsters that I'll be able to sign up for the club. Also think it'd be quicker for one of my players to get Croatian nationality than Norwegian but I can't remember how many years it takes to gain nationality in Croatia, think it's 4/5?

NTFlu.png

WiF1S.png

hXq49.png

Both look decent, hopefully will become squad players. Will probably look to tutor them this season, then if their ready let him play for the 2nd Team next season who play in the Second Division Group 2. Groven has a good chance of being a first team player, the current RW is quite old and will need replacing in the next couple of seasons.

zujAn.png

Stabæk Fotball - Norwegian Premier Division - 2024 (Review)

Norwegian Premier League

Took over 24.5.2024 when the club were in 15th place. The media were expecting the club to finish 9th, the board were looking for their former manager to guide them to a mid-table finish, obviously sitting in a relegation position wasn't what the board wanted half-way through the season and so they sacked him and brought me in. As expected, it took a while for the team to get used to the way I manage and also to get used to the tactics I use. It also took a while for me to bring in a couple of my own players to improve the squad. Had a shakey start to my reign in charge, but we finished the season well.

Standings | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Norwegian Cup

Got them through the 3rd round, before crashing out in the 4th round.

Fixtures

Transfers

A couple games into my reign in charge I realised that this team needed some new quality players, so eventually managed to get a good number of players in to strengthen the side also got rid of a couple of players.

Transfers IN: £100k (£0k = my signings)

Manuel Gordien - French U21 goalie was offered to me by his agent, who also offered him to me while I was manager of AC Oulu, I was actually going to get him for AC Oulu but couldn't afford him. Immediately became my #1 goalkeeper and will most likely be my #1 GK for a number of seasons.

Yavor Hristov - Bulgarian international was offered to me by his agent, when I scouted him my scouts informed me he was a class above my current strikers so I brought him in ASAP.

Richard Andreassen - Experienced ST had a couple seasons with Danish club Bromby before switching back to a club in his homeland. Will help with the squad rules.

Emanuele Venturi - Versatile defender who can play LB or RB. Will be a starter.

Craig Creasey - English defender was a lot better than my current CB's in the team, can also play RB if required.

Summary

Finances

In the black thanks to the end of season prize money

Transfer Budget: £926,322

Wage Budget: £92,106 (currently spending £46,959)

Balance: £1,858,007

Finance Summary

Key Players

Yavor Hristov - Great debut season for him. Unfortunately become homesick shortly after joining and then requested for a transfer but since then, he's requested to be taken off the transfer list so I'm hoping that means he wants to stay now.

Craig Creasey - Came under criticism from the press for some strange reason when he started off with 6.8 performances in his first 5 games for the club. Was easily the best defender in the team.

Targets

None, joined mid-season.

Former Club Watch

Assi IF Their wait is over, they've finally won the Swedish Second Division North! Hope they'll stay up next season.

Nordvärmlands FF Still yet to return to Swedish Second Division football

Kållered SK Finished 10th, 4 points ahead of the last relegated club

AC Oulu Easy task for the new manager, won the league. Lost in the Finnish Cup final for the second year running.

Other

The club is now a feeder club for FC Twente :cool:

Fans' Player of the Year: Yann-Erik de Lanlay

Norwegian Premier League: 10th (11-8-11)

Norwegian Cup: 4th Round

zujAn.png

Stabæk Fotball - Norwegian Premier Division - 2025 (Preview)

Norwegian Premier League

Really looking to build on our performances towards the end of last season. A lot of changes in the squad this year with many of the squad from last year left at the end of the season also have brought in a couple of young players and I'll be trying to give some of the clubs youth players a chance to play this season as well.

Board Expectation: Mid-table finish

Media Prediction: 11th (out of 16 teams)

Norwegian Cup

Will be looking to meet the boards target of the quarter-finals, hopefully we'll draw easy teams.

Board Expectation: Quarter-finals

Transfers

A number of transfers have been made, large number of players leaving the club.

IN: £700k

Sindre Hokland Kjelseth (£150k) - Brought to my attention by one of my scouts, was playing well last season in one of the Second Divisions when my scout told me about him, made a move to quickly secure his signature before any other big clubs could and quickly had an agreement for him to join my club at the end of the 2024 season. Will be my starting CM this season, hoping he'll improve quite a lot during his time here. It's useful that he's Norwegian because we're limited to only 11 non-homegrown players in the squad, will also be useful if we get into Europe in a couple of seasons.

Vladislavs Savalnieks (£250k) - 18 year old Latvian CB already has 13 caps for his country. I brought in from one of my feeder clubs based in Latvia, Metalurgs. Wasn't expecting to find a good player like him at one of my feeder clubs. Will be my starting CB.

Amiran Gadelia - Will help strengthen my defence. Apparently has problems with injuries, just hope he wont get a serious injury in his first game for the club. Will be my starting LB. Despite only being 21, he already has 5 caps for the Georgia national team.

Stein Helland (£300k) - Another young Norwegian signing. 20 year old has 4 caps for the U21 side, scoring 1 goal. Can play him in LW or ST which will be useful and will be mainly a rotational player.

Sena Moustapha - 19 year old Senegalese ST already has 7 caps for the national team, scoring 1 goal. Can also play RW or LW if needed which is useful. Will most likely be the starting ST alongside Hristov

OUT: £225k

Israel Zegarra (£220k) - Moaned about wanting to leave the club to join a "bigger" club, was considering selling him even before he came moaning to me. Didn't like his attitude and I can't really say that we're going to miss him.

Transfer Summary

Squad

Starting to form my own squad now, still needing a couple more CB's and CM's to provide some much needed depth to the squad.

LZLge.png

Finances

Looking very well thanks to a takeover during pre-season.

Transfer Budget: £258,749

Wage Budget: £40,588 per week (currently spending £23,899 per week)

Balance: £8,476,497

Finance Summary

Targets

Finish higher than 10th. Having finished 10th last season, I'm hoping we'll at least get higher than 10th this season.

Add more players to the squad. We could really do with a couple of CM's and CB's as backup because if one of our starter CM's or CB's gets injured we'll be in a very tricky situation.

Happy that we've now got a feeder club in Sweden. I've got feeder clubs in quite a few countries now giving me the first option on their players which will be good for us in the future. Our feeder club was actually playing in the Swedish top division last season, so maybe they might return to the top division soon.

lnycr.png

Archived