[FM12] 60% of the time, it works everytime

markyosullivan

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With two games remaining, I noticed that one of the players that I had been on my shortlist had been released so I moved quickly to sign him up. Hopefully I'll get another 4/5 players in the lead up to the 2021 season so we can put up a better challenge for the title/ play off spot.

vlNFD.png

V2Fun.png

Kållered SK - Swedish First Division South - 2020 (Review)

Swedish First Division South

We had a good start to the season but unfortunately we had a spell of bad form mid season where we had a run of 7 games without a win. We showed better form towards the end of the season and finished the season winning the last 2 games. Hopefully we'll pick up where we left off in the 2020 season and get off to a great start in the 2021 season.

Standings

Fixtures

Swedish Cup

Did better in the Swedish Cup this year, got to the 3rd round where we faced IF Elfsborg, who are in the Swedish Premier Division. We performed well against them, and they could only manage a 2-0 win at our stadium, they were expected to win by 4 or 5 goals.

Fixtures

Transfers (since preview) (Summary)

The only addition was Ty who joined for the 2 remaining games.

Players IN: £0

Ty Stringel

Players OUT: £0

Finances (Summary)

Struggling to prevent the club from making a loss every year, at least it wasn't as big a loss this year as it had been in previous years.

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £2,227 per week (currently spending £1,617 per week)

Balance: £625,051

Key Players

Ari Hyttinen - Mr Reliable, always does well for the club. Mainly used as a RB this season. His loan deal expires at the end of the 2021 season, but his contract at our parent club also expires on the same date, hoping that our parent club wont renew his contract and we'll be able to sign him permanently. Has now been capped 5 times by the Sweden U21 side. 24 starts this season, 2 goals, 2 assists and 1 Man of the Match award and an average rating of 7.15 for this season.

Mikko Ahonpää - Think he was our best striker this season. Scored a number of vital goals. 21(6) appearances, 13 goals, 7 assists and 2 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 7.18 for this season.

Targets

Beat media's prediction. They're predicting us to finish 8th, we finished 5th last season, so I'll be aiming to beat their prediction and finish at least 7th and possibly challenge for that 2nd place play off spot.

Achieved. Was very close to getting the play off spot, only 2 points behind the team in 2nd place and 4 points off the team in 1st place. 4th place is 1 place better than the 5th place we finished last season and 4 higher than what the media believed we'd finish.

Reduce the debt. The debt's getting bigger and bigger each year and I want to put a stop to that and hopefully make a profit this year, reducing the debt.

Failed. There was a couple of months where we made a profit, but it wasn't enough to make sure we wouldn't make a loss this year. We're basically selling out every match at our stadium which has a capacity of 500. Would be great if we had a bigger stadium, would get us more money through ticket sales.

Other

3 of my players made the Swedish First Division South Team of the Year first 11, great achievement and I'm very proud of the players.

Former Club Watch

Assi IF Still in the Swedish Second Division North. Finished 3rd in the 2020 season. Their best finish from 2012-2020.

Nordvärmlands FF Haven't returned to the Swedish Second Divisions since they were relegated in the 2016 season.

Fans' Player of the Year: Mikko Ahonpää

Top Goalscorer: Mikko Ahonpää

Swedish First Division South: 4th (12-9-5)

Swedish Cup: 3rd Round

V2Fun.png

Kållered SK - Swedish First Division South - 2021 (Preview)

4 friendlies, won them all. Would be good if we could keep this up.

Board Expectations: Respectable league position

Media Prediction: 7th

Swedish Cup

Board Expectations: 1st round

Transfers (Summary)

Only found Santos who I thought was good enough to join the club. 3 other Brazilians already at the club who should help him settle.

Didn't want Andersson to leave, noticed halfway through last season, that he had agreed a transfer to a club at the end of the 2020 season when his contract expired, I guess it's my fault not offering him a new contract sooner. Belouati (History) holds the current record for most league appearances at the club with 154 appearances, what I consider a legend, but some how he's not listed as a legend. :confused: I wasn't prepared to give him the wage he wanted, and he only played 3 games last season so I let him go.

Santos

Yasin Belouati

John Andersson

David Boman

Squad

Really could do with a couple of players to give some much needed depth to the squad. Struggling to find players to sign and as a result have promoted a couple of players who have came through the youth team to the first team. It's amazing how much Blomqvist has improved since the first time I seen him at Assi IF ( Now / Assi IF Youth Candidate )

I've also promoted Blomqvist to Captain from Vice-Captain and have appointed Ahonpää as Vice-Captain.

cUSMS.png

Finances (Summary)

Trying to keep the wage budget low, hopefully if we keep it low we might be able to make a profit every month.

Wage Budget: £2,224 per week (currently spending £1,651 per week)

Balance: £627,695

Targets

Top 5 Finish. We finished 4th last season and we really should finish at least in the top 5 this season.

Wanted to see whether or not I had made the favoured personnel list, which I still haven't but I did notice that the club's record league goalscorer Mikko Ahonpää is now listed as a Kållered SK legend, which is really nice to see. Probably listed as a legend because of the amount of years he's played for the club, along with how many goals he's scored and he's been the Fans' Player of the Year on 3/4 occasions.

UxRu3.png

This is it, the final game of the season, the players have performed very well throughout the season and it all comes down to this last final game to decide who will be the champions. The squad doesn't have great depth, and we have dropped points when some of our players were injured/ suspended but we've managed to keep playing well throughout the season, staying near the top of the table for basically the whole season.

3beHy.png

4 teams in with a chance of getting the title. Not one team can afford to slip up. We're coming off a defeat in our last match against Vimmerby IF which we narrowly lost 1-0, it was a bad day at the office for my strikers. It isn't easy going into a match having come off a defeat in your previous match, I just hope that my players can find their rhythm from the whistle.

Fixtures

Kållered SK (H) vs Hogaborgs BK

Smedby AIS vs IF Limhamn Bunkeflo (H)

Atvidabergs FF (H) vs Lindome GIF

Skovde AIK (H) vs Jonsereds IF

Everything has been sorted, the starting 11 has been named. Their bodies may be ready, but is their minds? Will someone buckle under the pressure? Will someone shine on the day Kållered SK need them the most? We're about to find out...

Unfortunately I wasn't able to name my strongest 11, with Ari Hyttinen away playing for the Sweden U21's and Ty Stringel out injured. I was tempted to play one of my more experienced players in Right Back, but they would have been out of position, instead I went for one of my reserve team players who had been in good form for the reserves, Tomas Olsson.

Pre-Match

Just before the match started, I gave the team a talk about winning this game for the fans as they had been so brilliant throughout the season. Unfortunately the reaction wasn't what I wished for, with 1 of my players appearing to be a bit stressed as he walked out of the changing room towards the pitch.

First Half

We didn't start the game well, and I had a bad feeling about the game after not managing to inspire my team through my pre-match team talk, Hogaborgs BK was controlling the game, having most of the ball possession and we were pinned back in our half for most of the first half.

GOAL!

10 mins into the game, we receive news that our title rivals, Smedby AIS, had taken the lead in their game, mounting extra pressure on my team. With my team playing badly, I needed them to at least hold on until half time, so shouted at them to drop deeper and play more defensively. Luckily we managed to hold on, the half time whistle went and we went back into the dressing room, time to regroup and hopefully inspire my team to victory.

Half-time

As soon as we got into the changing room, I told the team that they've been unlucky so far, 2 of my players we're looking motivated after I said that though it was 2 players in defence, was hoping that I could inspire one of my wingers or strikers to shine and have a brilliant match setting up goals and scoring them too.

Second Half

The second half started. I could see my defence starting to play better straight away which was encouraging.

GOAL!

60mins gone, we had an update from the Smedby AIS game, 2-0. It was looking increasingly likely that Smedby AIS we're going to win their game, so as soon as I heard this I had to encourage my team to get forward.

GOAL!

64 minutes played, a goal in our match, unfortunately not for us. Hogaborgs BK's player whipped in a cross from the right, putting pressure under my defence and GK, the Hogaborgs BK Striker managed to control the ball and in a desperate attempt to get the ball away from the Hogaborgs BK striker, Tomas Olsson slid in getting the ball off him, but unfortunately putting it straight past our GK into the net. 1-0, thanks to an OG. Maybe it just wasn't to be.

GOAL!

65th minute another goal! This time in the Smedby AIS match. Unfortunately Smedby AIS had got a 3rd, 3-0. I knew that we had to do something, Smedby AIS had their game under control and we were getting beat, we went all out attack, I knew this could end either very well for me, or very badly and so wanted to make sure that we gave it our 110% in this final match to win the league.

GOAL!

71st minute, not long after I instructed my team to go all out attack, we scored! Finally back in with a chance! Pelle Stenlund perfectly timed his run, beating the offside trap, picking up the ball and the slotting it past the GK. 1-1. GAME ON.

GOAL!

Smedby AIS scoring a 4th in the 75th minute, this time an OG from the opposition. They no longer had to worry about their result. 15 more minutes until they were named champions.

90th Minute

The 90th minute approached, 3 minutes added on time. If there was a time for my team to score it was now. I shouted at the team telling them to get the ball forward any time they could and to pump the ball into the box.

91st Minute

We continued to pressure Hogaborgs BK's defence, and kept the ball in their half, before one of their defenders cleared the ball up the pitch. The final whistle went in the Smedby AIS match, they had won. 4-0 FT. A result champions would be proud of.

92nd Minute

Khajo played the ball through to Muralha, giving him space to have a shot, only for it to be pushed away by the keeper with the defender clearing the ball out for a throw. I couldn't believe it, we got this far, leaders going into the final game of the season and we messed up. I turned round and sat back on the bench. I couldn't actually describe how gutted I felt. I put my head into my hands and thought back to the earlier games of the season, "If only" was the words going through my mind.

My assistant stood up, I looked up to see what was happening, Muralha had collected the ball on the right hand side from Olsson's throw in, he skipped past the LB, put the ball into the 6 yard box, Pelle Stenlund rose highest, beating his defender, getting his head to the ball, GOAL! Unbelievable! With seconds remaining of the match, Pelle Stenlund the LW, put the ball into the top right corner with an excellent header. A miracle. We had done it. 2-1.

Full Time

The ref blew the whistle shortly after Hogaborgs BK restarted the game. Champions! The whole bench rushed onto the pitch, along with the fans, the celebrations had started, we had won the Swedish First Division South!

What a way to win it! City-esque, congrats.
It was a great way to win it. Though it wasn't nice thinking before the last minute goal that we we're going to have to spend another full season in the Swedish First Division South after coming so close.

V2Fun.png

Kållered SK - Swedish First Division South - 2021 (Review)

Brilliant season. I think we would have more easily won the title if we hadn't had suffered injuries/ suspensions to key players. We got off to a great start, however weren't so great mid-season which lead to other teams catching up on us.

Standings

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Swedish Cup

Nothing special this year, out in the 2nd round.

Fixtures

Transfers (since preview)

Surprisingly made no changes at all since the pre-season transfers. No players came into the team and no players were sold, though a number of teams were rumoured to be interested in quite a few of my key players, none of the teams rumoured made offers however (must be the £250k/£500k asking prices putting them off :D)

Finances (Summary)

We didn't make as big a loss this season, compared to other seasons. Loss of £22,051 this season, last season was £47,085.

Wage Budget: £2,230 per week (currently spending £1,627 per week)

Balance: £649,841

Key Players

Ari Hyttinen - Perhaps his final season at the club, and what a way to go out, helping us win the title. I expect him to follow in the footsteps of one of the other players we had on loan from our Parent club, Ljungman, who made appearances for our Parent club Djurgardens IF ( 2(12) appearances ). He's a great defender and really hope we can sign him on another loan deal. 25 starts, 3 goals, 1 assist and an average rating of 7.13 for this season.

Mikko Ahonpää - The Kållered SK legend had another great season, which is no surprise. Didn't miss 1 penalty this season. Was involved heavily in a lot of our goals. 23 starts, 13 goals, 9 assists and 4 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 7.30 for this season.

Ty Stringel - First full season at the club for the American. If I'm honest I think he was the missing piece in the puzzle that we needed. Had a great season, was involved in quite a few of our goals. 21 starts, 6 goals, 5 assists and 4 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 7.17 for this season.

Muralha - Set up the goal which got us promoted. Great second season at the club for the Brazilian. Scored some very nice goals. 27 starts, 12 goals, 7 assists and 4 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 7.23 for this season.

Targets

Top 5 Finish. We finished 4th last season and we really should finish at least in the top 5 this season.

Achieved. I didn't want to finish any lower than 5th which had been our lowest finish in the division, this year we again challenged for promotion/ playoff spot, and went all the way to win the league.

Other

I was named Manager of the Year and Manager of the Month (May) which I was very proud of. These awards will look good in the CV ;) I am now also listed as one of the Favoured Personnel at the club. I was also given a new 2 year contract and a £25 p/w pay rise to £425 p/w.

2 of my players were named in the Swedish First Division South Team of the Year first 11.

Former Club Watch

Assi IF Finished 2nd, 3 points behind the team in 1st place.

Nordvärmlands FF Still yet to return to Swedish Second Division football

Fans' Player of the Year: Mikko Ahonpää

Top Goalscorer: Mikko Ahonpää

Swedish First Division South: 1st - Champions (13-7-6)

Swedish Cup: 2nd Round

Great read. I know I would have been dancing round the room when that last goal went in. Congrats on the title :thup:

If I'm honest, I was going mad :D

Brilliant finish! Congrats and well done on promotion :applause:

Thank you. Don't think I've ever had a more exciting finish to a promotion race than that.

Kållered SK chairman looking to step aside - Kållered SK in takeover talks - Kållered SK takeover completed - Personal Message from Christofer Nilsson

New chairman, who decided to take out a loan straight after he was appointed chairman to get us back in the black, probably not the greatest of ideas from our new Chairman because we were likely to make a profit each month this season anyway and it causes us to have to pay even more back every month. We're now paying back £3.3k per month until 2046, added on to the loan which I'm guessing was made shortly before I came manager where we have to pay £1.3k per month until 2029.

After asking the board for numerous things such as improvements to Training Facilities/ Youth Facilities, increase in Junior Coaching, etc, they rejected them all however when I asked them to buy our 500 seater stadium, they agreed to do this. Probably would have been better building a new stadium but we don't have the money for it and at least when the club owns its own stadium, it can then expand it.

V2Fun.png

Kållered SK - Swedish First Division Elite - 2022 (Preview)

Swedish First Division Elite

Board Expectations: Stay clear of relegation

Media Prediction: 16th (out of 16)

Swedish Cup

Board Expectations: 3rd round

Transfers (Summary)

Noticed that the quality of players being recommended by scouts has increased, along with the quality of the players being offered to me via agents. Quite a lot of our signings have came from agents offering players to me, which is handy because my scouts are limited on the areas which they can scout. Any players I couldn't scout I had to get in on trial to see how good they were.

Unfortunately both Pelle Stenlund and Ari Hyttinen didn't rejoin the club on loan. Ari is now in the first team squad for our Parent club while Pelle is in their reserves, not sure why he didn't rejoin us :confused:

6 Players IN: £0

Archil Shelia

Hugo Sánchez

Emil Dahlberg

Jimmy Morales

Patrick Byskata

Mateusz Kiczynski

7 Players OUT: £0

Anton Henningsson

Johannes Kjall

Jonathan Bogges

Jonas Larsson

Pontus Toivonen

Ruben Rexhepi

Toni Uusitorppa

Squad

Got quite a few players in, could do with 1 or do more players in defence.

qQuvq.png

Finances (Summary)

We're now making a profit each month which is good. Hopefully won't be too long until we can upgrade some of our facilities

Wage Budget: £3,165 per week (currently spending £2,774 per week)

Balance: £167,958

Targets

Avoid Relegation Some really good quality teams in this division. Want to stay in the division and then strengthen my squad even more in the lead up to the 2023 season.

Things aren't going great at all, I'm beginning to think that we're going to get relegated and won't have any chance of avoiding relegation. Wondering if I should resign and try to get the job of another Swedish First Division Elite club or go back down to either the Swedish First Division North/South with Kållered SK and try to get them promoted back to the Swedish First Division Elite. Alternatively, I might now be able to get a job in one of the other nations I have loaded up.

Not good to hear that the Elite league isn't working out well. Is it a question of quaqlity and higher budgets in other clubs?
Well you have taken them some way.

We don't have a lot to spend on wages, have also noticed quite a few of the clubs in this division is professional and I'm guessing quite a few of them have better facilities than us.

Ckp9Y.png

Having played all of our 30 league matches, we ended up finishing in 14th place avoiding automatic relegation but now we face the relegation playoffs against a familiar team, Hogaborgs BK. 2 games will decide whether or not we're staying in this division.

Xu1cf.png

15kf2.png

I'm grateful that this playoff is decided on 2 games, and not 1 because we would've been relegated if it was only 1 game. We looked very dangerous in the opening 10mins but couldn't find a goal, in the second half Hogaborgs BK started to play better and eventually got a goal in the 74th minute. I was hoping we could do something similar to the last game of the season in 2021 but it wasn't to be. We've still got 1 game left and it's at home, so it's still up for grabs. Hopefully the players will be at their best.

ZrH0k.png

We started off well again in the first 20mins dominating possession but couldn't find a way through. Straight after HT, my team scored, so I'm guessing my team talk must of inspired them ;) We scored again in the 53rd min to take the lead before conceding a goal in the 60th minute. Despite telling my team to go all out attack, we couldn't get another goal and the game finished 2 (2) - 1 (2) meaning that we had been relegated on away goals. I hate the away goal rule. Looking back, instead of keeping my team attacking after the 53rd min, I should have probably told all my players to get behind the ball and go ultra defensive, maybe then we would've held on to our 2-0 lead.

Straight after the game I received news that 3 of my good players had requested a transfer: Mikko Ahonpää, Hugo Sánchez and Tony Johansson. I never liked the thought of going back to either the First Division North or South, but 3 of my players requesting a transfer has made the thought even worse and so a couple days after the playoff defeat, I decided to resign as manager of Kållered SK.

V2Fun.png

Kållered SK - Swedish First Division Elite - 2022 (Review)

Swedish First Division Elite

Season could have went better, I knew we'd be in the relegation battle and I couldn't see us finishing outside the relegation playoff positions if we avoided automatic relegation. Disappointed to have been relegated in the playoffs.

Standings

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Swedish Cup

Got a tough team in the 1st round unfortunately

Fixtures

Transfers (since preview)

No further signings were made.

Finances (Summary)

The balance is still looking good, don't think it'll be too great next season when we're in a lower division.

Wage Budget: £3,174 per week (currently spending £2,864 per week)

Balance: £156,468

Key Players

Bernard Dauda - Was the most consistent player in my team, commanded the defence. 23(1) appearances, 1 goal and 2 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 6.97 for this season

Hugo Sánchez - Had a great first season at the club, was involved with quite a few of the goals that we scored. Played in every league game for us. 31 starts, 3 goals, 6 assists and 2 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 6.90 for this season

Targets

Avoid Relegation Some really good quality teams in this division. Want to stay in the division and then strengthen my squad even more in the lead up to the 2023 season.

Failed. Unfortunately we got relegated via the playoffs because of the away goal rule.

Former Club Watch

Assi IF Finished 3rd, 1 point off the champions.

Nordvärmlands FF Still yet to return to Swedish Second Division football

Fans' Player of the Year: (Left before it was announced)

Top Goalscorer: Muralha

Swedish First Division South: 14th - Relegated via playoffs (6-11-13)

Swedish Cup: 1st Round

V2Fun.png

Kållered SK Resignation 4/11/22

Statement on the Kållered SK website:

The rumours are correct, Dean Wakefield has decided to resign from his position of Kållered SK manager. Despite the disappointment of relegation, we were hoping Dean would stay and help the club bounce back at the first attempt though he felt he could no longer continue in his role. We accept his resignation and will be looking to get a replacement hopefully in the next couple of weeks. We would like to thank Dean for everything that he has done for Kållered SK, he will be always welcome back here and will be greatly missed by the fans. We wish Dean all the best and hope that he'll have success wherever he may go.

I enjoyed my stay at Kållered SK but I feel it's the right time to leave. As for my next club, I'm hoping to manage in one of the other countries now unless I receive a really interesting offer from a club in Sweden.

ToWwS.png

7A0Bw.gif

AC Oulu

Statement on the AC Oulu website:

We're delighted to announce that Dean Wakefield will be the new AC Oulu manager. He has a growing reputation and has already managed 3 Swedish clubs, doing very well at his last club Kållered SK where he won two league titles. We hope that he will bring similar success to AC Oulu and hope he can take us to the next level. We believe that he is the perfect replacement for the the last manager who resigned from his position."

Information about AC Oulu taken from Wikipedia:

AC Oulu (ACO) is a Finnish football club based in Oulu. Formed on 2002, the club have played two seasons in Finlands highest football league Veikkausliiga and seven seasons in the second highest league Ykkönen. The club are currently playing in Ykkönen. They play their home games at Raatin stadion and the club colours are navy blue and white.

AC Oulu was founded in 2002 as a joint initiative of the OLS, OPS, OTP and Tervarit clubs with the aim of bringing top level football back to Oulu. FC Oulu played in the Veikkausliiga in the early 90's as the most recent team from Oulu to play top tier Finnish football. After four seasons in the Ykkönen, AC Oulu reached the Finlands highest football league Veikkausliiga in 2007. However, they were relegated back to the Ykkönen at the end of their first season in the top division. After two seasons in the second tier AC Oulu won promotion again to the Veikkausliiga at the end of the 2009 season after finishing top of the Ykkönen. Having finished 11th in 2010 season the club were initially going to continue in the Veikkausliiga for the 2011 season. However they were denied a league licence for financial reasons and therefore dropped down to the Ykkönen.

Stadium

Name: Raatti

Rent: 3% of gate receipts

Capacity: 7016 all-seater :cool:

Year Built: 1952

Stadium Condition: Very good

Under Soil Heating: Yes

Roof: No

Surface: Grass

Pitch Dimensions: Length: 103m, Width: 65m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions: Length: 107m, Width: 68m

Pitch Condition: Poor

Facilities

Corporate Facilities: Adequate corporate facilities

Training Facilities: Average training facilities

Youth Facilities: Minimal youth facilities

Junior Coaching: Minimal junior coaching

Youth Recruitment: Average youth recruitment

Affiliated Clubs

Haukiputaan Pallo (feeder)

AC Kajaani (feeder)

Tervarit (feeder)

Not sure if I've ever seen a Finnish club managed before :) Good move.

Don't think I've ever seen anyone who does updates manage a Finnish club before, so it will be interesting.

Pity about the relegation - the Swedish 1st div Elite seems a tough league to manage in.

Good Luck in Finland :)

It's the relegation playoffs which really make it extremely hard from promoted clubs to stay in that division, unfortunately we couldn't survive which I was disappointed with but it was a great achievement to have one season in that league when you compare my old club with the rest of the clubs in that league.

Not surprised you felt you needed to leave.

I was considering it earlier in the season and I'm glad I stayed, I tried my best to avoid relegation and we just missed out on survival. Had a good few seasons with them and a new challenge sounded appealing

Watch how go against Santa Claus...

Just checked the 2 playable Finnish leagues and they're not in either division :(

Archived