Recent off-field events have made this player even more determined

Has anyone else had this?

I had a report from one of my coaches loosely along the lines of 'recent off-field events have made this player even more determined'. On closer inspection the player in question's determination had increased from a 9 to a 17 overnight.

This was even better since he was an 19 year old regen who was rated as potentially being a leading Premier League left back in future and he had also gone through two tutors without gaining a single point on his determination and falling out with both of them within a month!

Just wondering what the off-field events could be? I had just recently transfer listed and sold one of my best players and I was also bidding for a leading Premier League left back at the time. It was a very welcome but random addition to my game anyhow

I think, this is only a random event, there is no real reason behind it. I got a similar message yesterday, saying that my player's ambition has significantly increased. But beware: There are also events that can destroy a player (e.g. determination from 17 to 1...)

Such changes can happen with real life footballers. I agree, that we could do with a more detailed background story but you wouldn't want SI to simulate the whole private life of every player just to have a justification to mirror such changes in the game?

It could be say something like "After recent comments from [manager] about [player name] your [coach] has noted an increase in [player name] determination in training"

Similarly, the determination could go down.

Or it could be "Recent news story about journalists report on player and their lack of ambition"

The fact there is no background story leaves it up to the imagination of the user and comes across as meaningless.

SI should really make these events more meaningful by adding more to the reasoning behind such increases.

Guest avine

would you mind posting screenshots for the determination before and after, profile and personal info or whatever screenshot you want.

Peoples attitudes and priorities do change as they age I like that its reflected in the game. I'm not sure that a random jump in attributes is the right way to do it though. Even if its random it would look better if it increased in smaller increments over a few months.

I've had this a couple of times but it's always a negative effect. I had it for a really promising regen and his determination went down to 5 from 16. I was pretty annoyed so I used FMRTE to put it back to it's original setting.

Peoples attitudes and priorities do change as they age I like that its reflected in the game. I'm not sure that a random jump in attributes is the right way to do it though. Even if its random it would look better if it increased in smaller increments over a few months.

I agree, it was certainly a welcome impact on this particular player but it would be nice to see it happen over time. I think it reflects real life in that a person's level of determination, or whatever, is not necessarily inherent and can fluctuate based on outside events. It would be nice for there to be a specific reason for it in future though. IRL some players decide to work harder after seeing their team-mates from the Youth teams released so I've been told.

Regarding the negative drop; Maybe one of this family members died, and he no longer sees football as important as he did before.

Either way I haven't seen it on my game and hope it doesn't happen, eg. The negative one.

Archived