A Story of a Thousand Miles Must Begin With a Single Step

DazRTaylor

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MID SEASON REVIEW

Champions League

As we finished fourth in the league the previous season, we had to play a two legged qualifier to enable we made the group stage and we had a tough draw, Lyon with the first leg in France. We were 1-0 down until a 91st minute equaliser by Igor Turkalj gave us a priceless away goal and so it proved as the home leg was a nervous, goalless affair so we progressed on away goals. The group stage paired us with Paris Saint Germain of France, Genoa of Italy and Sparta Prague of the Czech Republic. We played very well and fully deserved to go through. The final group table is below:

uefachampionsleagueover.png

We have drawn Portuguese powerhouse FC Porto in the first knockout round, with the first leg to be played in Portugal.

League

A solid first half to the season.

barclayspremierleagueovu.png

F. A. Cup

We were drawn to play Championship side Birmingham City, at home in the third round, which unusually took place before the new year. The game was a dour affair a solitary header from prolific centre half Kasim Haliti separated the two sides. In the fourth round we have been paired with mid table Championship outfit Aston Villa, with the game to be played at Portman Road.

Carling Cup

Well, there is no defence of the cup this season. Due to playing in European competition, we didn't enter until the third round and we drew Sunderland, also from the Premier League, away from home. My reserves absolutely destroyed them, 6-0. The fourth round was a home tie against Tottenham Hotspur and it was another one sided encounter, with my side prevailing 3-0. The quarter final was a tough looking game at Elland Road against fellow top flight side Leeds United. We were 2-1 at half time but they equalised for a 2-2 scoreline after 90 minutes. Extra time provided no more goals so it was the dreaded penalty shootout but the pressure got to my young charges as we lost 4-2.

PLAYERS

Players In

Cesar Marronkle - I firmly believe this 21 year old Argentine left winger will be a huge hit in England. Will go straight into the starting XI.

Edgars Gorkss - Young Latvian left winger who is already a full international. One for the future and will be loaned out.

Gentian Shehu - Teenage Albanian who is equally fluent on either wing. Like Gorkss, he will be loaned out. Well, he has no choice as he doesn't have a work permit.

Players Out

Catanha, whom I signed on a free transfer in the summer after he turned down a new Real Madrid contract, has proved a huge flop up front so he has been sold to Fiorentina for £10.75m.

Thanks for the MLS update :D How are your finances now that you're in the Premiership?

No worries :D If you want any other info of stuff in this save, just ask.

As for my finances, I lose money every month, but annual prize money puts me back into the black. Current finances below:

ipswichboardroomfinance.png

END OF SEASON REVIEW

SEASON 2028-29

On the face of it, a terrific season. But it could of been so much more. We led the league with six games to go but an injury crisis that saw five first team players injured, put too much pressure on my younger players and we dropped points, the worst of which was a home defeat to Leeds United. Still, we have qualified for the Champions League again, so it could be worse.

Champions League

As discussed earlier, we had drawn FC Porto in the first knockout round. It looked bleak when we went 2-0 down at half time in the first leg in Portugal, but the players responded magnificently and we nicked two away goals equalising for a 2-2 draw. A dour home leg was fine by me as my side won 1-0 for a 3-2 aggregate victory. The quarter final paired us with Spanish giants Barcelona with the first leg in Spain. We played a brilliant defensive game and I was delighted to only lose 1-0 as this gave us a real chance in the return. The home leg saw my team play out of their skins for most of the game and indeed, we led 2-0 with 13 minutes to go. But a decisive Barcelona breakaway goal by young French striker Cristian Linord, a player I actually signed for Barcelona, gave the Cataland club a vital away goal. FInal score was a 2-1 win for us but 2-2 on aggregate and thus we were eliminated on away goals. Heartbreaking.

League

But for my injury crisis, I think I would of won the league. Oh well, there is always next year.

barclayspremierleagueovt.png

F. A. Cup

As detailed in the mid season update, we had been paired with Aston Villa from the Championship in round four, who we dispatched easily 4-0. Stoke City were up next, at the Britannia Stadium and we were too good, winning 2-0. The quarter final saw my side travel to Molyneux to play Wolves and we won again, this time 2-1. So on to the semi final and a showdown with West Bromwich Albion, a side who had beaten me at Portman Road in the league this season. The game itself was nothing to shout home about and the game ended 1-1 after 90 minutes. No further scoring in extra time, set up the dreaded penalty shootout. Unlike in the Carling Cup, we won this particular shootout 4-1 and so we progressed to the final and a date with Champiosnhip outfit Sheffield Wednesday. A one sided affair was dominated by my Ipswich and, even though we won 4-0, it could and perhaps should, of been an even heavier defeat for the men from Sheffield.

Carling Cup

We were already eliminated at the mid season review.

PLAYERS

Player of the Season

A cracking season from Igor Turkalj, who signed on a free transfer at the start of the season. Now that is value for money!

igorturkaljoverviewprof.png

Special Mention

Kasim Haliti was again a danger at all set pieces and a rock at the back.

kasimhalitioverviewprof.png

FORMER CLUB WATCH

Perugia

[u][b]Season       Champions League   Europa League         Final League Position            Coppa Italia                Serie C Cup[/b][/u]
2011-12             N/a              N/a              3rd Italian Serie C2/B (P)            N/a                    Group stage
2012-13             N/a              N/a              5th Italian Serie C1/B           1st qualifying round        1st round
2013-14             N/a              N/a             18th Italian Serie C1/B (R)       1st qualifying round        Group stage
2014-15             N/a              N/a              4th Italian Serie C2/A (P)            N/a                    2nd round
2015-16             N/a              N/a             12th Italian Serie C1/B           2nd qualifying round        1st round
2016-17             N/a              N/a              8th Italian Serie C1/B                N/a                    1st round
2017-18             N/a              N/a              6th Italian Serie C1/B           2nd qualifying round        1st round
2018-19             N/a              N/a             14th Italian Serie C1/B           2nd qualifying round        1st round
2019-20             N/a              N/a              4th Italian Serie C1/B                N/a                    3rd round
2020-21             N/a              N/a             10th Italian Serie C1/B           2nd qualifying round        2nd round
2021-22             N/a              N/a              1st Italian Serie C1/B (P)            N/a                    3rd round
2022-23             N/a              N/a             17th Italian Serie B              2nd qualifying round           N/a
2023-24             N/a              N/a             21st Italian Serie B    (R)       1st round                      N/a
2024-25             N/a              N/a              1st Italian Serie C1/B (P)       1st qualifying round        2nd round
2025-26             N/a              N/a              1st Italian Serie B (P)          3rd qualifying round           N/a
2026-27             N/a              N/a             20th Italian Serie A (R)          1st round                      N/a
2027-28             N/a              N/a             13th Italian Serie B              3rd qualifying round           N/a
2028-29             N/a              N/a             17th Italian Serie B              3rd qualifying round           N/a

Hartlepool United

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            F. A. Cup                  Carling Cup           Johnstone's Paint Trophy[/b][/u]
2012-13             N/a               N/a              1st English League Two   (P)     1st round                  1st round                     2nd round
2013-14             N/a               N/a              1st English League One   (P)     Quarter final              1st round                     2nd round
2014-15             N/a               N/a             15th English Championship         3rd round                  2nd round                        N/a
2015-16             N/a               N/a             15th English Championship         3rd round                  1st round                        N/a
2016-17             N/a               N/a              9th English Championship         3rd round                  2nd round                        N/a
2017-18             N/a               N/a             22nd English Championship (R)     5th round                  2nd round                        N/a
2018-19             N/a               N/a              3rd English League One   (P)     5th round                  3rd round                     2nd round
2019-20             N/a               N/a             11th English Championship         3rd round                  2nd round                        N/a
2020-21             N/a               N/a             22nd English Championship (R)     3rd round                  3rd round                        N/a
2021-22             N/a               N/a              9th English League One           4th round                  2nd round                     2nd round
2022-23             N/a               N/a              2nd English League One   (P)     3rd round                  2nd round                     2nd round
2023-24             N/a               N/a             21st English Championship         4th round                  2nd round                        N/a
2024-25             N/a               N/a             22nd English Championship (R)     3rd round                  3rd round                        N/a
2025-26             N/a               N/a              6th English League One (P)       2nd round                  2nd round                     2nd round
2026-27             N/a               N/a             23rd English Championship (R)     4th round                  3rd round                        N/a
2027-28             N/a               N/a             10th English League One           1st round                  2nd round                     2nd round
2028-29             N/a               N/a              4th English League One (P)       3rd round                  2nd round                     1st round

Wigan Athletic

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            F. A. Cup                  Carling Cup[/b][/u]
2014-15             N/a               N/a              6th English Premier League       4th round                  Runners Up
2015-16             N/a          Quarter finals        4th English Premier League       5th round                  Winners
2016-17      Quarter final            N/a              5th English Premier League       4th round                  3rd round
2017-18             N/a          Winners               3rd English Premier League       5th round                  Semi final
2018-19      Quarter final            N/a              7th English Premier League       Semi final                 Quarter final
2019-20             N/a               N/a              7th English Premier League       Winners                    3rd round
2020-21             N/a          2nd knockout round    5th English Premier League       Quarter final              3rd round
2021-22             N/a          Winners               9th English Premier League       3rd round                  4th round
2022-23             N/a          1st knockout round    2nd English Premier League       Quarter final              3rd round
2023-24      Group stage         2nd knockout round    7th English Premier League       Quarter final              3rd round
2024-25             N/a               N/a              4th English Premier League       4th round                  2nd round
2025-26      Quarter final            N/a              8th English Premier League       5th round                  3rd round
2026-27             N/a               N/a             10th English Premier League       5th round                  4th round
2027-28             N/a               N/a             15th English Premier League       4th round                  4th round
2028-29             N/a               N/a             12th English Premier League       4th round                  4th round

Arsenal

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            F. A. Cup                  Carling Cup[/b][/u]
2016-17      Runners up               N/a              2nd English Premier League       Runners up                 3rd round
2017-18      Winners                  N/a              1st English Premier League       Winners                    3rd round
2018-19      Runners up               N/a              1st English Premier League       Runners up                 Semi final
2019-20      Quarter final            N/a              1st English Premier League       5th round                  3rd round
2020-21      Runners up               N/a              3rd English Premier League       5th round                  Semi final
2021-22      Runners up               N/a              2nd English Premier League       Quarter final              3rd round
2022-23      Winners                  N/a              1st English Premier League       5th round                  Runners up
2023-24      Winners                  N/a              1st English Premier League       4th round                  Winners
2024-25      Group stage         Winners               5th English Premier League       Quarter final              4th round
2025-26             N/a          Semi final            1st English Premier League       3rd round                  Semi final
2026-27      Semi final               N/a              2nd English Premier League       4th round                  3rd round
2027-28      1st knockout round       N/a              5th English Premier League       5th round                  4th round
2028-29             N/a          2nd knockout round    6th English Premier League       5th round                  Semi final

Valencia

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            Copa del Rey[/b][/u]
2018-19      Winners                  N/a              3rd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Winners
2019-20      Semi final               N/a              1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            Winners
2020-21      Winners                  N/a              1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            Winners
2021-22      Quarter final            N/a              2nd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Winners
2022-23      Runners up               N/a              1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            Quarter final
2023-24      1st knockout round       N/a              2nd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Winners
2024-25      Runners up               N/a              1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            Quarter final
2025-26      Winners                  N/a              2nd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Runners up
2026-27      Runners up               N/a              3rd Spanish LIGA BBVA            5th round
2027-28      Quarter final            N/a              2nd Spanish LIGA BBVA            5th round
2028-29      Quarter final            N/a              4th Spanish LIGA BBVA            Semi final

Borussia Dortmund

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            DFB-Pokal[/b][/u]
2020-21      Semi final               N/a              2nd German Bundesliga            Semi final
2021-22      Winners                  N/a              1st German Bundesliga            Winners
2022-23      Quarter final            N/a              1st German Bundesliga            1st round
2023-24      1st knockout round       N/a              2nd German Bundesliga            1st round
2024-25      Semi final               N/a              2nd German Bundesliga            1st round
2025-26      1st knockout round       N/a              1st German Bundesliga            Quarter final
2026-27      Quarter final            N/a              1st German Bundesliga            2nd round
2027-28      Quarter final            N/a              1st German Bundesliga            2nd round
2028-29      Group stage         Winners               2nd German Bundesliga            Quarter final

Barcelona

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            Copa del Rey[/b][/u]
2023-24             N/a          Winners               1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            Runners up
2024-25      Winners                  N/a              3rd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Runners up
2025-26      Quarter final            N/a              3rd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Semi final
2026-27      Group stage         Winners               4th Spanish LIGA BBVA            Winners
2027-28      Winners                  N/a              5th Spanish LIGA BBVA            5th round
2028-29      Runners up               N/a              1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            Semi final

AS Monaco

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            Coupe de France            Coupe de la Ligue[/b][/u]
2024-25             N/a               N/a              3rd French Ligue 1               11th round                 3rd round
2025-26      1st knockout round       N/a              2nd French Ligue 1               Winners                    Runners up
2026-27      1st knockout round       N/a              3rd French Ligue 1               10th round                 Quarter final
2027-28      Best placed playoff 1st knockout round    7th French Ligue 1               Winners                    Quarter final
2028-29             N/a          1st knockout round    4th French Ligue 1               9th round                  Semi final

SEASON 2029-30 PREVIEW

Media Prediction - 5th.

My Expectation - 1st. I have to aim to improve...

Transfer Budget - £59,000,000.

Wage Budget - £1,261,207 per week.

PLAYERS

I have spent and spent big. This MUST be our year...

Players In

Daniel Gahwagi - 24 year old Hungarian international striker with a proven record in the Premier League. Joins from Liverpool.

Niyazi Lukumci - Also joining the club from Liverpool, this 25 year old Dutch goalkeeper should prove a revelation.

Emmanuel Zwane - South African right winger who rejoins me after a previous spell at Dortmund. Signs from Italian side Genoa.

Ronny Schmitt - German defensive midfielder who demanded a move away from Bayern Munich! Their loss is definitely our gain.

Robert Fournel - One of the best young right backs in the world. Has a huge future and he only cost £4.5m.

Ross Phillips - Teenage Welsh left winger comes in from Swansea City. A big future.

Leon Schneck - 16 year old Liechtenstein left back. He may be one of the best prospects ever to come from Liechtenstein.

Players Out

I offloaded twelve players, some first team, some reserves and raised £58m in transfer fees.

MID SEASON REVIEW

Champions League

We had a brilliant group campaign, against Germans Borussia Dortmund, Italians Napoli & Belgians KV Kortrijk. We won five of our six games and drew in Germany. You have to feel for the Belgians though. They lost 10-0 in Dortmund and followed this up with a 7-0 home defeat to us. Napoli were surprisingly poor throughout.

We have been paired with another German side, Stuttgart, in the first knockout round with the first leg in Germany.

League

A terrific first half to the season. We have been consistent from the start. Despite one of their victories being against us, Arsenal are having an absolute shocker.

barclayspremierleagueov.png

F. A. Cup

The third round of the F. A. Cup returns to being played in the New Year and we have drawn Championship side Wycombe Wanderers, away.

Carling Cup

After wins in the third round (Championship side Sunderland, away, 4-1), Fourth round (League One side Newport County, away, 7-0) and Quarter final (Premier League side Arsenal, home, 2-0 after extra time), we have been drawn to play another League One outfit in the semi final over two legs. AFC Telford have exceeded all expectations by getting this far.

PLAYERS

Players In

Just the one new addition and a young one at that. A Saudi Aranbian teenager who I hope has a good future in the game. He was signed on a free transfer.

mohammedaseerioverviewp.png

Players Out

With Robert Fournel coming of age, I have decided to sell Abbas Molaei, my Iranian right back, to AC Milan for £12.25m.

END OF SEASON REVIEW

SEASON 2029-30

Champions League

Stuttgart were beaten over two, narrow legs in the first knockout round (1-1 away, 1-0 at home, 2-1 on aggregate), Manchester United in the quarter final (2-0 away, 5-0 at home, 7-0 on aggregate) & Chelsea in the semi final (4-0 away, 1-0 at home, 4-0 on aggregate). So we were through to the Champions League final and a date with former club and European powerhouse Barcelona. One of my star players, Gabriel Caceres was stretchered off after just seven minutes leaving a huge gap at left back. We playeed very well but were always up against up and conceded right on half time to trail 1-0 at the interval. We struggled in the second half but somehow drew level with just seven minutes left, as Argentine left winger Cesar Marronkle scored a beauty. And so it remained until extra time, 1-1 at the end of ninety minutes. Extra time was certainly dynamic as both sides went hell for leather looking for the win. Barcelona scored in injury time at the end of the first half of extra time to lead 2-1. We equalised for a second time after the restart but alas, it was not to be as Roel Lauret, one of my best ever signings for Barcelona, came back to haunt me as he slotted home a winner after 116 minutes. Still, little Ipswich runners up in the Champions League!

League

Despite Manchester City winning their first eleven games, we continued to chip away at them and were rewarded with the Premier League title!

barclayspremierleagueovx.png

F. A. Cup

Wycombe Wanderers were annihilated in the third round (7-0, away), AFC Telford in the fourth (4-0, away), Wigan Athletic in the fifth (4-2, home) and Burnley in the quarter final (3-0, away). This set up a tough semi final showdown with fellow title challengers Manchester City at Wembley. Alas, my squad were so tired, I was forced to leave a few first team players out and play some of the youngsters from the Under 18 squad. Although they tried their best, we were well beaten 3-0.

Carling Cup

AFC Telford visited Portman Road for the first leg of the semi final and they outplayed us, earning a creditable 1-1 draw which set up the return leg nicely. Unfortunately, AFC Telford appeared to run out of steam as we comfortable won the game 2-0, for a 3-1 aggregate victory. Championship side Southampton, fresh from shocking Manchester United in the semit final, were my opponents in the final. It was an embarrassing, one sided affair. We won 6-0. I need say nothing more.

PLAYERS

Player of the Season

Cesar Marronkle has bedded in beautifully on the left wing since his arrival. Contributed a massive 48 assists and chipped in with 13 goals makes this lad my Player of the Season.

csarmarronkleoverviewpr.png

Special Mention

A loyal servant, Franco Rolando has been very consistent for me. Goals, assists, he has done it all.

francorolandooverviewpr.png

THE FUTURE

Four years at one club is long enough I think so where to next? Watch this space...

FORMER CLUB WATCH

Perugia

[u][b]Season       Champions League   Europa League         Final League Position            Coppa Italia                Serie C Cup[/b][/u]
2011-12             N/a              N/a              3rd Italian Serie C2/B (P)            N/a                    Group stage
2012-13             N/a              N/a              5th Italian Serie C1/B           1st qualifying round        1st round
2013-14             N/a              N/a             18th Italian Serie C1/B (R)       1st qualifying round        Group stage
2014-15             N/a              N/a              4th Italian Serie C2/A (P)            N/a                    2nd round
2015-16             N/a              N/a             12th Italian Serie C1/B           2nd qualifying round        1st round
2016-17             N/a              N/a              8th Italian Serie C1/B                N/a                    1st round
2017-18             N/a              N/a              6th Italian Serie C1/B           2nd qualifying round        1st round
2018-19             N/a              N/a             14th Italian Serie C1/B           2nd qualifying round        1st round
2019-20             N/a              N/a              4th Italian Serie C1/B                N/a                    3rd round
2020-21             N/a              N/a             10th Italian Serie C1/B           2nd qualifying round        2nd round
2021-22             N/a              N/a              1st Italian Serie C1/B (P)            N/a                    3rd round
2022-23             N/a              N/a             17th Italian Serie B              2nd qualifying round           N/a
2023-24             N/a              N/a             21st Italian Serie B    (R)       1st round                      N/a
2024-25             N/a              N/a              1st Italian Serie C1/B (P)       1st qualifying round        2nd round
2025-26             N/a              N/a              1st Italian Serie B (P)          3rd qualifying round           N/a
2026-27             N/a              N/a             20th Italian Serie A (R)          1st round                      N/a
2027-28             N/a              N/a             13th Italian Serie B              3rd qualifying round           N/a
2028-29             N/a              N/a             17th Italian Serie B              3rd qualifying round           N/a
2029-30             N/a              N/a             21st Italian Serie B (R)          4th qualifying round           N/a

Hartlepool United

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            F. A. Cup                  Carling Cup           Johnstone's Paint Trophy[/b][/u]
2012-13             N/a               N/a              1st English League Two   (P)     1st round                  1st round                     2nd round
2013-14             N/a               N/a              1st English League One   (P)     Quarter final              1st round                     2nd round
2014-15             N/a               N/a             15th English Championship         3rd round                  2nd round                        N/a
2015-16             N/a               N/a             15th English Championship         3rd round                  1st round                        N/a
2016-17             N/a               N/a              9th English Championship         3rd round                  2nd round                        N/a
2017-18             N/a               N/a             22nd English Championship (R)     5th round                  2nd round                        N/a
2018-19             N/a               N/a              3rd English League One   (P)     5th round                  3rd round                     2nd round
2019-20             N/a               N/a             11th English Championship         3rd round                  2nd round                        N/a
2020-21             N/a               N/a             22nd English Championship (R)     3rd round                  3rd round                        N/a
2021-22             N/a               N/a              9th English League One           4th round                  2nd round                     2nd round
2022-23             N/a               N/a              2nd English League One   (P)     3rd round                  2nd round                     2nd round
2023-24             N/a               N/a             21st English Championship         4th round                  2nd round                        N/a
2024-25             N/a               N/a             22nd English Championship (R)     3rd round                  3rd round                        N/a
2025-26             N/a               N/a              6th English League One (P)       2nd round                  2nd round                     2nd round
2026-27             N/a               N/a             23rd English Championship (R)     4th round                  3rd round                        N/a
2027-28             N/a               N/a             10th English League One           1st round                  2nd round                     2nd round
2028-29             N/a               N/a              4th English League One (P)       3rd round                  2nd round                     1st round
2029-30             N/a               N/a             22nd English Championship (R)     3rd round                  2nd round                        N/a

Wigan Athletic

2014-15             N/a               N/a              6th English Premier League       4th round                  Runners Up
2015-16             N/a          Quarter finals        4th English Premier League       5th round                  Winners
2016-17      Quarter final            N/a              5th English Premier League       4th round                  3rd round
2017-18             N/a          Winners               3rd English Premier League       5th round                  Semi final
2018-19      Quarter final            N/a              7th English Premier League       Semi final                 Quarter final
2019-20             N/a               N/a              7th English Premier League       Winners                    3rd round
2020-21             N/a          2nd knockout round    5th English Premier League       Quarter final              3rd round
2021-22             N/a          Winners               9th English Premier League       3rd round                  4th round
2022-23             N/a          1st knockout round    2nd English Premier League       Quarter final              3rd round
2023-24      Group stage         2nd knockout round    7th English Premier League       Quarter final              3rd round
2024-25             N/a               N/a              4th English Premier League       4th round                  2nd round
2025-26      Quarter final            N/a              8th English Premier League       5th round                  3rd round
2026-27             N/a               N/a             10th English Premier League       5th round                  4th round
2027-28             N/a               N/a             15th English Premier League       4th round                  4th round
2028-29             N/a               N/a             12th English Premier League       4th round                  4th round
2029-30             N/a               N/a             19th English Premier League (R)   5th round                  4th round

Arsenal

2016-17      Runners up               N/a              2nd English Premier League       Runners up                 3rd round
2017-18      Winners                  N/a              1st English Premier League       Winners                    3rd round
2018-19      Runners up               N/a              1st English Premier League       Runners up                 Semi final
2019-20      Quarter final            N/a              1st English Premier League       5th round                  3rd round
2020-21      Runners up               N/a              3rd English Premier League       5th round                  Semi final
2021-22      Runners up               N/a              2nd English Premier League       Quarter final              3rd round
2022-23      Winners                  N/a              1st English Premier League       5th round                  Runners up
2023-24      Winners                  N/a              1st English Premier League       4th round                  Winners
2024-25      Group stage         Winners               5th English Premier League       Quarter final              4th round
2025-26             N/a          Semi final            1st English Premier League       3rd round                  Semi final
2026-27      Semi final               N/a              2nd English Premier League       4th round                  3rd round
2027-28      1st knockout round       N/a              5th English Premier League       5th round                  4th round
2028-29             N/a          2nd knockout round    6th English Premier League       5th round                  Semi final
2029-30             N/a          Semi final           10th English Premier League       Winners                    Quarter final

Valencia

2018-19      Winners                  N/a              3rd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Winners
2019-20      Semi final               N/a              1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            Winners
2020-21      Winners                  N/a              1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            Winners
2021-22      Quarter final            N/a              2nd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Winners
2022-23      Runners up               N/a              1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            Quarter final
2023-24      1st knockout round       N/a              2nd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Winners
2024-25      Runners up               N/a              1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            Quarter final
2025-26      Winners                  N/a              2nd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Runners up
2026-27      Runners up               N/a              3rd Spanish LIGA BBVA            5th round
2027-28      Quarter final            N/a              2nd Spanish LIGA BBVA            5th round
2028-29      Quarter final            N/a              4th Spanish LIGA BBVA            Semi final
2029-30      1st knockout round       N/a              2nd Spanish LIGA BBVA            5th round

Borussia Dortmund

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            DFB-Pokal[/b][/u]
2020-21      Semi final               N/a              2nd German Bundesliga            Semi final
2021-22      Winners                  N/a              1st German Bundesliga            Winners
2022-23      Quarter final            N/a              1st German Bundesliga            1st round
2023-24      1st knockout round       N/a              2nd German Bundesliga            1st round
2024-25      Semi final               N/a              2nd German Bundesliga            1st round
2025-26      1st knockout round       N/a              1st German Bundesliga            Quarter final
2026-27      Quarter final            N/a              1st German Bundesliga            2nd round
2027-28      Quarter final            N/a              1st German Bundesliga            2nd round
2028-29      Group stage         Winners               2nd German Bundesliga            Quarter final
2029-30      Semi final               N/a              2nd German Bundesliga            1st round

Barcelona

2023-24             N/a          Winners               1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            Runners up
2024-25      Winners                  N/a              3rd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Runners up
2025-26      Quarter final            N/a              3rd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Semi final
2026-27      Group stage         Winners               4th Spanish LIGA BBVA            Winners
2027-28      Winners                  N/a              5th Spanish LIGA BBVA            5th round
2028-29      Runners up               N/a              1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            Semi final
2029-30      Winners                  N/a              4th Spanish LIGA BBVA            Semi final

AS Monaco

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            Coupe de France            Coupe de la Ligue[/b][/u]
2024-25             N/a               N/a              3rd French Ligue 1               11th round                 3rd round
2025-26      1st knockout round       N/a              2nd French Ligue 1               Winners                    Runners up
2026-27      1st knockout round       N/a              3rd French Ligue 1               10th round                 Quarter final
2027-28      Best placed playoff 1st knockout round    7th French Ligue 1               Winners                    Quarter final
2028-29             N/a          1st knockout round    4th French Ligue 1               9th round                  Semi final
2029-30             N/a          Group stage           4th French Ligue 1               10th round                 Quarter final

Olympique Lyonnais

Olympique_Lyonnais-logo-BEA1993605-seeklogo.com.gif

3075_ori_stade_de_gerland.jpg

The club have moved into a new stadium during this save, so the above picture is of the old stadium.

Club - Olympique Lyonnais.

Nation - France.

League - Ligue 1 (top tier).

Stadium - Stade des Lumieres.

Capacity - 61,556 (all seater).

Corporate Facilities - Top.

Training Facilities - Top.

Youth Facilities - State of the Art.

Junior Coaching - Excellent.

Youth Recruitment - Extensive.

Media Prediction - 2nd.

My expectation - 3rd - Despite our lowly position at the minute, there is no reason, with the right signings, we cannot shoot up the league.

Transfer Budget - £18,500,000.

Wage Budget - £1,845,353 per week.

League

An appalling 16th place. It is imperative we shoot up the league as soon as possible.

ligue1overviewstages.png

Squad

Some decent talent here, but my word, there is some mediocrity!

olympiquelyonnaissquadp.png

Great save, Leeds qualifying for the Champions League last season brought a tear to my eye.

Thanks mate :thup:

Leeds were my bogey side while I was at Ipswich. They beat me home and away last season and also beat me at Portman Road the season before. :(

MID SEASON REVIEW

A decent recovery and solidifying this remains my priority.

Champions League

We were top of the group when I arrived and I continued this as we topped it comfortably. We have been drawn to play SParta Prague in the first knockout round though I do not expect much - I have overhauled the squad completely and a lot will be cup tied.

League

A decent recovery but we are miles behind Paris Saint Germain, the champions for the past six seasons.

ligue1overviewstagesa.png

Coupe de France

We enter in the ninth round and have been drawn at home to second tier Vannes OC.

Coupe de la Ligue

The club were already eliminated at the time of my arrival having lost at home to FC Lorient, 2-1, in the fourth round, the first round we enter the competition.

PLAYERS

A huge overhaul to the squad. Nearly all the players were the wrong side of thirty, so a large number were shipped out and I brought in eighteen players, of which eight came from Ipswich Town, my last club.

Players In

Beto - One of the best defenders in the world and the Brazilian is equally comfortable at left back and centre half.

Robert Fournel - Already a world class right back, this chap has the added bonus of being a home grown player having started life at Lyon.

Franco Rolando - One of my best players when I was at Ipswich, the attacking midfielder could be a legend at Lyon

Emmanuel Zwane - Signing for me for the third time, this right winger is explosive.

Ronny Schmitt - German defensive midfielder, he was solid at Ipswich and I expect the same here.

Mariano Graffagnino - Italian centre half who will slot into the first XI from the off.

Vladan Tomic - 22 year old Serbian midfielder who has really come of age at Villarreal since I sold him at Ipswich.

Francois Hoffstetler - Young Swiss left winger, a position I badly needed to fill.

Tobias Fruhbeis - 21 year old German centre back signed from PSV in Holland.

Davor Orbanic - Bosnian left back signed to start after I lost out on signing Gabriel Caceres.

Faed Packleode - 20 year old French striker who can also play on the right wing. I still feel he can become great.

Miltiadis Lyras - German striker who will be my main forward.

Marian Paraska - Highly versatile defender and midfielder, this Slovakian should prove to be as invaluable to Lyon as he was for me at Ipswich.

Mohammed Aseeri - Saudi Arabian left winger who will compete with Francois Hoffstetler for the starting shirt.

Anthony Sandrone - Teenage Italian attacking midfielder who will back Frsnco Rolando up.

Norbert Witkowski - 17 year old Polish centre half and defensive midfielder who has a big future.

Andreas Gribilas - My predecessor agreed to signing this Greek and I am not sure why. He will not play under me.

Carlos Ribeiro - 17 year old Portuguese right back my predecessor agreed to sign. Not a bad decision as he could become brilliant.

Players Out

A lot of departures, where I sold sixteen players, raising over £110m in transfer fees and slashing over £850,000 per week from the wage bill.

YOUTH CANDIDATES DAY

I only ever show this day if there are any youth players of note and other than my one full season at Arsenal, I haven't had any! Until now. One of the best crop of youngsters I have ever had.

olympiquelyonnaisyouthc.png

These are the five players my coaches are particularly excited about:

Fabien Guerin - Centre half whose heading ability has me drooling!

Valery Junior - Look at those stats for a 14 year old! What a prospect at defensive midfield.

Cedric Monnet - Attacking midfielder who needs to work at the technical aspects of his game.

Dominique Bordes - Another defensive midfielder, he faces stiff competition to remain at the club long term.

Walid El Haloui - The third promising defensive midfielder in this years crop.

END OF SEASON REVIEW

SEASON 2030-31

Champions League

As I had completely overhauled the squad, I only had a skeleton squad to choose from as a lot of my players were cup tied. Having qualified for the first knockout round, we met Sparta Prague. We travelled to Prague for the first leg and were soon 2-0 down but an amazing turnaround to win the away leg 3-2. A comfortable home leg saw my side triumph 2-0 for a 5-2 aggregate victory. The quarter final saw Lyon play Fioorentina from Italy with the first leg in France. We were outplayed from start to finish and were lucky to lose by only 1-0. The return leg saw more of the same as the Italians won 3-1 for a 4-1 defeat overall.

League

A great comeback and at one time I thought we could do the impossible and actually win the league. We were only one point behind league leaders Paris Saint Germain when we travelled to the capital for a showdown. Alas, my side didn't run up and we were hammered 4-0. Still, I am pleased with how my team have played since I took over.

ligue1overviewstages.png

Coupe de France

A comfortable run to the final saw us beat second tier Vannes OC in the ninth round (5-0, home), third tier US Senart-Moissey in the tenth round (4-0, away), fellow top flight side Toulouse in the eleventh round (1-0, away), Ligue 1 Dijon in the quarter final (2-0, home) and Ligue 1 Le Mans in the semi final (4-1, away). This set up an intriguing final against Marseille. We battered Marseille from start to finish yet only won 1-0. Another trophy in the bag though.

Coupe de la Ligue

We were already eliminated at the last update.

PLAYERS

Player of the Season

Emmanuel Zwane has proved to be a revelation since joing and his stats speak for themselves.

emmanuelzwaneoverviewpr.png

Special Mention

This young German striker has risen to the task of being the main front man.

miltiadislyrasoverviewp.png

FORMER CLUB WATCH

Perugia

2029-30             N/a              N/a             21st Italian Serie B (R)          4th qualifying round           N/a
2030-31             N/a              N/a              2nd Italian Serie C1/B           2nd qualifying round        Semi final

Hartlepool United

2029-30             N/a               N/a             22nd English Championship (R)     3rd round                  2nd round                        N/a
2030-31             N/a               N/a             10th English League One           1st round                  2nd round                     Winners

Wigan Athletic

2029-30             N/a               N/a             19th English Premier League (R)   5th round                  4th round
2030-31             N/a               N/a              1st English CHampionship (P)     Quarter final              2nd round

Arsenal

2029-30             N/a          Semi final           10th English Premier League       Winners                    Quarter final
2030-31             N/a          Winners               6th English Premier League       5th round                  3rd round

Valencia

2029-30      1st knockout round       N/a              2nd Spanish LIGA BBVA            5th round
2030-31      Quarter final            N/a              2nd Spanish LIGA BBVA            Semi final

Borussia Dortmund

2029-30      Semi final               N/a              2nd German Bundesliga            1st round
2030-31      1st knockout round       N/a              1st German Bundesliga            Semi final

Barcelona

2029-30      Winners                  N/a              4th Spanish LIGA BBVA            Semi final
2030-31      1st knockout round       N/a              1st Spanish LIGA BBVA            5th round

AS Monaco

2029-30             N/a          Group stage           4th French Ligue 1               10th round                 Quarter final
2030-31             N/a          2nd knockout round   10th French Ligue 1               10th round                 Quarter final

Ipswich Town

2026-27             N/a               N/a              4th English Championship (P)     Semi final                 4th round
2027-28             N/a               N/a              4th English Premier League       Winners                    Winners
2028-29      Quarter final            N/a              2nd English Premier League       Winners                    Quarter final
2029-30      Runners up               N/a              1st English Premier League       Semi final                 Winners
2030-31      1st knockout round       N/a              5th English Premier League       5th round                  Semi final

Junior's almost the best 14yr old I've ever seen.

I agree - he will be immense!

Excellent job with Ipswich- weren't you tempted to stay another season and win the Champions League?

Good recovery job with Lyon too.

Thanks mate. :thup:

It was tempting but over four seasons at a club is normally my limit.

SEASON 2030-31 PREVIEW

The good news is that the club are enlarging the stadium by 16,000 seats to give a capacity of 77,000.

Media Prediction - 2nd.

My Expectation - 1st. Nothing else is acceptable.

Transfer Budget - £45,370,000 per week. This is more than enough!

Wage Budget - £2,088,020 per week. I am currently spending around £800,000 less than this per week so plenty of scope to strengthen if I see fit.

PLAYERS

Players In

As I am happy with my first team squad, I have concentrated on the cream of Europe's young players with an eye on the future. Only Mauricio will be a guaranteed starter.

Mauricio - One of the best players in the world. After winning everything at Barcelona he wanted a new challenge so welcome to France!

Gustavo Fernandez - 20 year old Argentine attacking midfielder who should see plenty of game time this season.

Pavlos Georgiou - Greek left back signed from ALbanian side FK TIrana.

Anouar Bah - Dutch left back who could go on and become a great. In competition with Pavlos Georgiou

Erwin van der Hoeven - Very exciting Dutch central midfielder. Groomed at thr world famous Ajax Youth Academy.

Jakub Urbaniak - Pole who can play centre back, defensive midfield or central midfield.

Hicham Creemers - Another Dutchman, this goalkeeper will serve as my backup keeper from the off.

Michal Skala - Czech central midfielder arrives from Sparta Prague in his homeland.

Luis Pires - Portuguese attacking midfielder who can also play in the centre of the park.

Players Out

Other than the usual youngsters who fail to make the grade, only five players departed.

This is what really annoys me and leads me to resign from clubs on principle. This kid who the chaimsn has decided to flog for a pittance, will one day be one of the best players in the world. He is already good enough for a squad place and he is aged only 18.

darrentaylornewsinboxy.png

This is the player in question. Without doubt, one of the best 18 year olds I have ever seen in any form of Football Manager:

norbertwitkowskiovervie.png

Archived