Just wondering if anyone has seen...

Matches get postponed due to bad weather.

Being a Scottish football fan, in a lot of seasons the weather causes a lot of matches to be postponed, and it can cause a lot of problems with fixture congestion later in the season, but it just occurred to me that I haven't seen it in FM. Is it in the game, and if so how common is it?

Matches get postponed due to bad weather.

Being a Scottish football fan, in a lot of seasons the weather causes a lot of matches to be postponed, and it can cause a lot of problems with fixture congestion later in the season, but it just occurred to me that I haven't seen it in FM. Is it in the game, and if so how common is it?

that just occurred to me too, when I read your post :D If FM is trying to be realistic this should be sorted out for FM13!

I think it must happen a lot less in FM than in real life then!

But then again, if we were getting backlogs like we saw in the SPL last season, people would be going crazy on these forums saying "look at all these fixtures, sort it out SI!".

Yeah it's in the game, though you rarely get say 7 matches in the same league postponed on the same day, and sometimes the reasons can seem odd (eg 1 place can be heavy snow, another place not far away can be a waterlogged pitch).

It does happen quite a bit in the lower leagues. BSB S/N are really tough in December when the FA trophy, FA cup and league are in full swing. I always wonder why the matches are rescheduled so close together for weather or cup advancement when the end of the season has you playing one match a week with a lot of open slots. It's not uncommon to play 6-7 matches in a 12-13 day window. When your payroll is only 3-4 thousand and three guys are out injured it's especially challenging. Maybe that's the way it is in RL; I never followed the non-league schedules enough to say for sure.

It is & sort of isn't in the game.

All we see are the occasional call off due to a waterlogged pitches, what we never see are matches called off due to frozen pitches or high winds (I remember hearing about a game in Scotland where iirc Andy Goram kicked the ball out only to see it sail back past him when the wind caught it).

The frozen pitch one has bugged me for years.

Archived