new laptop

hey guys currently looking at etting a new laptop but need to find out some stuff,

the spec im looking at for a laptop is

intel i3 2350 (intel hd 3000)

4 gb ram

500gb hdd

has anybody tried football manager 12 with the onboard graphics? does it run smoothly?

and also is fm more of a cpu based game? i say this as i was looking into the amd a4-3300 apu which has better onboard graphics then the intel but the cpu is quite alot slower.

thanks

the older on board graphics are an issue TC as you say... but the newer ones in the models you buy now are pretty damn powerful.. especially when the new series comes out later on this year..

but yeah, as always, a dedicated card will always be better. and you can usually find a laptop in almost any budget with a dedicated card...

I've run the 3D mode on an old Intel 965 Express chipset. It didn't run super smoothly, but it ran (surprisingly) and was more stable than my older dedicated GPUs did. The 3000 should be fine. If you're not using the laptop for proper 3D games, don't even bother considering a dedicated GPU as it gets expensive fast.

If you're looking for a place to improve that spec, the CPU is the place. But you'll be plenty fine with what you posted.

I have the i7 processor. And for a game I was playing "LA Noire" the graphics card driver wouldn't work with it. So I disabled the graphics card to play that game.

I forgot to enable it again when playing football manager, and the graphics were fine. Didn't really notice any difference.

I would say that it's fine for FM12.

BUT, you never know in FM13 or FM17 - you might need a bit more punch.

You might need a dedicated card by then. Shame that you might have to buy a new computer after such a short time.

I'd look at

Latest and fastest processor I can afford

Minimum of 4gb RAM - but 6gb would be ideal and 8gb would be LOADS.

Mid-range graphics card if you can.

thanks for the replys guys, iv found a laptop for £300 that has i3 2310 with dedicated g card ( geforce gt 520m) only problem is its refurbished but thats not really that much of a problem, looks like il be getting that but if not il be getting the amd a4 and change the clocks to 2.5ghz

Archived