How Do You Find Your Players?

hi guys, as the title says I want to know if there are any more ways to find players suitable to play in your first team, I myself send scouts out to countries that they are most knowledgeable in plus I also use the player search and use the filter for the position I want then order the players in terms of that positions main stat but still find it hard to find suitable or ''perfect'' players for my team.

Scouting major international competitions and the qualifiers for them is one way of finding good players and for young hidden gems scouting the youth international comps can turn up some potential world beaters.

never thought of that, thanks :)

Also, is there a way to scout a club or a match? if not I think there should be!

On a club's squad screen near the top right there's a tab which says scout, in between the competition and manager comment tabs. Clicking on that opens a drop down menu of your scouts to choose from.

For matches as long as it doesn't clash with a game your managing one of the teams in, go to any club or nation's fixture list and click on the dash under the result tab, if your schedule allows you to 'scout' the game the dash should change to 'attend' and you'll be taken directly to the game on match day.

I try to play as "realistically" as possible so only go on scout reports and of people who I'd realistically know about myself (though I still do a scout report on them anyway). For example even if my scout hasn't picked him out I'd still knowabout someone playing in the same league as me who's been knocking them in all season.

The fact I've played with Sunday Rep and then with lower league clubs and now in Norway means I've had to play like this anyway as I'd no idea who to buy otherwise. I never use player search because it just seems like an advantage a real manager wouldn't be privy to.

As I play a lot of lower league I find myself going through international squads, especially U21 and U19 squads looking at players either unattached or wanted by other clubs. Great way of getting some great youngsters as there are some finds you won't get with scouting.

never thought of that, thanks :)

Also, is there a way to scout a club or a match? if not I think there should be!

You can ask your assistant to get a report on a club, and you can view games yourself if you want!

Archived