Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

You should be able to offer certain players to other clubs for a sum of money and another player. Rather than having to wait until they enquire or offer, I should be able to use their interest to make a potential offer to them.

For instance, say I'm Real Madrid and Man U are sniffing around Bale. Instead of just offering him around all clubs, I could offer him specifically to Man Utd for 30mil + De Gea.

Wouldn't it be the same to just make an offer for De Gea and offering Bale as part of the deal?

The only gap I see is if I think Bale is worth more than De Gea on the open market, I approach Man Utd to say you can have Bale if give me De Gea plus £10m. highly unlikely but an idea that's worth putting in the 'if we have time' box.

Excuse me, why has my post with fair criticisms been deleted? Mod?

I won't be buying next year's game, squarely your fault, unless you explain yourself.

1. I would like long term board objectives not just seasonal ones for instance arsenal's board says they want to win the league within 3 years.

2. I would like more information on finances like which countries other then your own brought in the most revenue for merchandise and through out the year which players shirt sells the best not just at the end of the season.

3. I would like clearer and better worded information on TI's, PI's, mentality and fluidity.

4. Lots more options with player and media interactions and better options in specific situations for example player A is moaning about first team football and i am just trying to ease him back into the flow of things after an injury so give me an option to say this please.

5. I want my manager to be able to develop new favorite clubs and favored personnel to.

6. When the board give you the power to choose any affiliate club you can specifically decide what kind of agreement you want between the clubs whether its loan or first option.

Excuse me, why has my post with fair criticisms been deleted? Mod?

I won't be buying next year's game, squarely your fault, unless you explain yourself.

Simple, it didn't belong in the wishlist thread, where ideas/wishes for future versions are suggested.

Also, a word of advice - feedback and even criticism is fine, but keep it constructive.

As HUNT3R has correctly pointed out this thread is for feature ideas to be considered for inclusion in future FM's. Your post, although clearly considered & thought out did not fit that bill.

You are free to start a new thread to offer your considered review of the game, one suggestion however would be to not accuse SI of being complacent. I can confidently say that they far from complacent & if anything the lack of any direct rival creates even more pressure to succeed.

I can confidently say that they far from complacent & if anything the lack of any direct rival creates even more pressure to succeed.

Which I said in the post. For crying out loud. In any case it is an observation, which I believed I would be able to post, particularly since I am not attacking anyone personally.

I apologise for putting it in the wrong place, but why didn't I get an edit or warning about it? Just deleting it out of hand seems totally draconian and not befitting to what I always thought to be a fair and open forum.

I would like to put it in a separate thread but it took me a long time to write. Is there anyway to get it back temporarily so I can transfer and, if I must, edit, or is it gone forever.

I'd also like to say, HUNT3R, that just because you disagree with my observation, does not give you the right to delete it. If it broke the rules, you can, but clearly it did not. We shall see.

I would like to put it in a separate thread but it took me a long time to write. Is there anyway to get it back temporarily so I can transfer and, if I must, edit, or is it gone forever.

I'd also like to say, HUNT3R, that just because you disagree with my observation, does not give you the right to delete it. If it broke the rules, you can, but clearly it did not. We shall see.

PM sent with your deleted post & to be clear we (the mod team) have every right to remove posts, in this case it was because neither post were suggestions for new features which is what this thread is for.

Let's agree to move on rather than derail this thread any further.

I'm lucky enough to have had a "son in the game", (in FM14), however he was pretty pants and as my San Marino, (club and Country), side has gone on from strength to strength, this very average attacking midfielder has often been forced to go out on loan just to get some game-time.

That didn't stop me calling him up for the National Team though, (in fairness there were times in the dim and distant past when he warranted inclusion in the squad on merit), and he amassed 70 Caps and 11 goals, (I'm surprised both of those figures are so high).

What I would have loved, is just once had I been asked a question about his inclusion in the squad, (which was often suspect), on the grounds of he was only in the squad because he was my son.

If CA can be a "trigger" to a media interaction, then I would have thought that CA and (Father/Son) relationship could also trigger soemthing similar. I appreciate it's for a very small number of saves, but it's that fine detail that makes FM.

Going on from that a little, maybe that could also be a trigger in club selection, (maybe it is and I just haven't seen it).

Put simply, an API for the game. It was talked about in the latter days of Football Manager Live (talked to one of the devs about it a couple of months before the eventual death, but the name escapes me), but obviously plans would've been shelved when it turned out that the game wasn't going to last. This is something that probably wouldn't take all that long - relatively speaking of course - but could have so many uses.

I'm not asking to be able to "play" the game in some way on a mobile device, as that would be a whole other story (and one I'm not too interested in personally), just a series of functions that allow you to take the data from your save game and make it available for all kinds of things. I could go into what you could do, but it'd probably bore most. In a game that already boasts a vast amount of community content, having even a basic API would let people take that to the next level.

But then given the print screen option has been broken for many, many versions now, I'm not holding my breath :p

One very common complaint is that there are too many injuries. I believe this is down to semantics. If I walked in to a professional club an hour before kick and was given an accurate break down of the match day squad I am certain that at least 50% of the players would be carrying knocks or niggles in real life. On FM, people see the orange square, assume the player is injured, and don't play him. The status player for a player with a broken leg who is in light training but 2 months away from full training is the same as the status box for player who has a bruised ankle and is 1 day away from full training. A huge number of players will see an orange inj box and think I'll play it safe and go with my back up or a youngster who can do a job in that position - that player has not played for 6 weeks, so is not match fit and picks up an injury. This is the first problem when people complain of too many injuries.

Before I look at my suggestion, lets look at the role of physio. They tell you a player is injured and give you an estimate as to when he will be back again. That's about it. We pay them all this money and do they really do that much?

Here are my proposals.

Split the 'Physio' attribute in to different ratings. Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation and Injury Analysis. These are fairly self explanatory, but you use these to build a medical team. like coaching you have different areas and can assign physios to each one. That area then gets a star rating. As a small club you might have one physio who covers all 3 areas he might have 10 for prevention Rehab and analysis but as your only physio he can only work at 50% capacity so generates 2 stars in each. You are going through a period where you have no injuries so he rises to 3 stars as he can concentrate on prevention and analysis. Later in the season you have an injury crisis and he is spending so much time in the treatment room his Analysis and Prevention drops to one star.

As a bigger club you might have one Head Physio and two physios. In this situation You would assign each physio a role and he can concentrate on just that job. Or you could leave the decisions to the Head physio who might give you two physios trying to prevent injury as no one is injured. In this way, the medical team would work in the same way as the coaching team and the role of head physio would have a genuine use.

The next aspect is how the medical team provide you with information. Two or 3 days before each match or on request your physio in charge of analysis will give you a run down on your squad and instead of saying player A has an injury and will be fully ft in 2 weeks you will get more relevant information so you can decide how to use the player.

Lets say you have 3 injured players, one has a sore ankle from a knock in training, one has a broken leg, one is in light training after a small calf strain. Your physio would give you details about each player, his injury, the date it occured, how it occured, when he started light training, when he hopes to start full training, advice on whether he can play and finally what might happen if he plays.

Here is my vision of the Medical Teams report.

Player A has a sore ankle, he took a knock in training on Tuesday and had a days light training. In my opinion Player A can play 90 minutes although I would then recommend a days rest from training.

Player B broke his leg 5 months ago in a match. He started light training last week. In my opinion player B should not be considered for selection. If he is selected there could be serious long term damage.

Player C has a slight calf tear a month ago but has just returned to full training. He has not suffered a reaction. In my opinion Player C needs to play at least 60 minutes in an under 21 match before we can consider him, although as a last resort he could possibly play for 20 minutes. There is an increased chance of the player suffering a set back if he does play.

Each report would have an apply advice button next to it.

If you apply the advice for Player A, he will be available for selection and the orange inj box will disappear. If you play him him he is automatically rested for 1 Day training.

If you apply the advice for player B his orange square returns to red and he can not be picked fir the next match.

If you apply the advice for player C he will be set to available for 60 minutes for the next U21 match, he will be available for selection but if you put him in the starting line up the physio will remind you he recommends giving the player no more than 20 minutes. He will also miss the next 1 days training.

Obviously there are a multitude of injuries but basically there will be ones where the player can play and there will be no negative effect, some where he could play but could potentially suffer a setback and finally where playing could be extremely damaging. This gives users more control over who really can and cant play when they have an orange Inj box. For along time, the orange inj box meant the same as a red box and I would NEVER consider the player. I now understand that different injuries have a different chance of recurrence and sometimes I will play an orange inj player if I feel the match warrants it.

At the end of the physios report he would say Players D E F & G haven't played much football lately, if they play today the may tire after an hour. Why dont you make them available for the next U21 match? You can apply this advice and the player will get an orange 60 box next to his name (similar to how players with 45 minute requests work on international duty) when you go to your in match tactics you can quickly see who needs to come off ( I know you can see this from the condition box this is just a little note from the physio)

If players don't want to do this, then the Head physio can control all aspects including making long term injured players slowly build up fitness in the reserves etc.

EDIT: I have just seen that earlier posts have been removed as not being sugestions for new features, I am not sure if this qualifies but any mod that wants to delete it, please move it to a new thread instead if that is possible.

:applause:

btw the post that was removed was a generic moan without any substance or real comment on what could be causing the issues mentioned or any suggestions on improvements, your post on the other hand is an excellent set of suggestions to improve a very simplistic & dated area of the game.

:applause:

btw the post that was remove was a generic moan without any substance post, yours on the other hand is an excellent set of suggestions to improve a very simplistic & dated area of the game.

Thanks,

Thanks for the feedback. I am in 2026 in a save, and every couple of years my head physio gets a new deal and always asks for a few more quid. He's now on a decent wedge after I forgot to remove a promotion clause and got promoted! For what he actually brings to the team I am not sure he is worth it. I usually just find a physio with obscure reputation and high physiotherapy stat and pay him less than a 10th of this guys wage, although this guy has been with me a while now so I'll let him enjoy his paydays for a while yet.

9jEsvMJ.png

Just experienced one of the most thrilling season finales in the second season.

What I would love to see implemented is more changes to player morale and body language throughout the match. I'd like to see the crowd react to live scores and in turn, put pressure on the players.

I played Chelsea away just before this match, and I barely managed to scrape a draw by scoring a very dramatic late equaliser. When I looked at the Chelsea players body language they all seemed normal, despite the fact that we'd just put the league back into our own hands. If the game can correctly identify these types of scenarios and have the players react on the pitch it would be extremely immersive.

Idea: in a tight title race (or relegation), in the last few games of the season perhaps the last 3 or 4, have the game check what result is needed in order to win the league, secure CL qualification, or be safe from relegation and bring up that tension throughout the matches. Player morale, which has a significant effect on performance, should also be affected.

when it tells you the top shirt sellers, it would be nice to see what they brought in from a commercial perspective

I'd really like to be able to customise my subscriptions for my manager profile, so that the game would remember my settings from time to time. Just like it remembers my attributes on the manager profile and so forth.

I'm changing them every time I start a new save, and it's doing my head in, as I always want the same setup.

Better crowds in the 3D game, not every third bloke doing the same animation. May be prohibitive in terms of processing, but then again it might not, so that's what I want.

better interaction with the press. i'm in 1/2 final of CL against Juventus with my belgium team ( Standard) with only national reputation and they believe both teams are same level and they r not so much impressed i reached this level !! same with my board, not so much compliments ! Come on.

Also IRL alot of transferts are done by the agents of the players who are pressuring the clubs to let the player go. I saw than some of these agents have great respect for me coz i did lot of deals with them. Why not be able to interact directly with? and asking them to help u to buy one player who is too expensive for u?

Also IRL alot of transferts are done by the agents of the players who are pressuring the clubs to let the player go. I saw than some of these agents have great respect for me coz i did lot of deals with them. Why not be able to interact directly with? and asking them to help u to buy one player who is too expensive for u?
If they do not already represent the player then that would have been against FIFA rules, not sure how things will pan out now that FIFA have washed their hands of regulating agents & other player intermediaries. As things stand if you're in a nation that allows third-party ownership of players you can ask a player's agent if they are willing to buy a share in their client to help reduce your transfer outlay.

One very common complaint is that there are too many injuries. I believe this is down to semantics. If I walked in to a professional club an hour before kick and was given an accurate break down of the match day squad I am certain that at least 50% of the players would be carrying knocks or niggles in real life. On FM, people see the orange square, assume the player is injured, and don't play him. The status player for a player with a broken leg who is in light training but 2 months away from full training is the same as the status box for player who has a bruised ankle and is 1 day away from full training. A huge number of players will see an orange inj box and think I'll play it safe and go with my back up or a youngster who can do a job in that position - that player has not played for 6 weeks, so is not match fit and picks up an injury. This is the first problem when people complain of too many injuries.

Before I look at my suggestion, lets look at the role of physio. They tell you a player is injured and give you an estimate as to when he will be back again. That's about it. We pay them all this money and do they really do that much?

Here are my proposals.

Split the 'Physio' attribute in to different ratings. Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation and Injury Analysis. These are fairly self explanatory, but you use these to build a medical team. like coaching you have different areas and can assign physios to each one. That area then gets a star rating. As a small club you might have one physio who covers all 3 areas he might have 10 for prevention Rehab and analysis but as your only physio he can only work at 50% capacity so generates 2 stars in each. You are going through a period where you have no injuries so he rises to 3 stars as he can concentrate on prevention and analysis. Later in the season you have an injury crisis and he is spending so much time in the treatment room his Analysis and Prevention drops to one star.

As a bigger club you might have one Head Physio and two physios. In this situation You would assign each physio a role and he can concentrate on just that job. Or you could leave the decisions to the Head physio who might give you two physios trying to prevent injury as no one is injured. In this way, the medical team would work in the same way as the coaching team and the role of head physio would have a genuine use.

The next aspect is how the medical team provide you with information. Two or 3 days before each match or on request your physio in charge of analysis will give you a run down on your squad and instead of saying player A has an injury and will be fully ft in 2 weeks you will get more relevant information so you can decide how to use the player.

Lets say you have 3 injured players, one has a sore ankle from a knock in training, one has a broken leg, one is in light training after a small calf strain. Your physio would give you details about each player, his injury, the date it occured, how it occured, when he started light training, when he hopes to start full training, advice on whether he can play and finally what might happen if he plays.

Here is my vision of the Medical Teams report.

Player A has a sore ankle, he took a knock in training on Tuesday and had a days light training. In my opinion Player A can play 90 minutes although I would then recommend a days rest from training.

Player B broke his leg 5 months ago in a match. He started light training last week. In my opinion player B should not be considered for selection. If he is selected there could be serious long term damage.

Player C has a slight calf tear a month ago but has just returned to full training. He has not suffered a reaction. In my opinion Player C needs to play at least 60 minutes in an under 21 match before we can consider him, although as a last resort he could possibly play for 20 minutes. There is an increased chance of the player suffering a set back if he does play.

Each report would have an apply advice button next to it.

If you apply the advice for Player A, he will be available for selection and the orange inj box will disappear. If you play him him he is automatically rested for 1 Day training.

If you apply the advice for player B his orange square returns to red and he can not be picked fir the next match.

If you apply the advice for player C he will be set to available for 60 minutes for the next U21 match, he will be available for selection but if you put him in the starting line up the physio will remind you he recommends giving the player no more than 20 minutes. He will also miss the next 1 days training.

Obviously there are a multitude of injuries but basically there will be ones where the player can play and there will be no negative effect, some where he could play but could potentially suffer a setback and finally where playing could be extremely damaging. This gives users more control over who really can and cant play when they have an orange Inj box. For along time, the orange inj box meant the same as a red box and I would NEVER consider the player. I now understand that different injuries have a different chance of recurrence and sometimes I will play an orange inj player if I feel the match warrants it.

At the end of the physios report he would say Players D E F & G haven't played much football lately, if they play today the may tire after an hour. Why dont you make them available for the next U21 match? You can apply this advice and the player will get an orange 60 box next to his name (similar to how players with 45 minute requests work on international duty) when you go to your in match tactics you can quickly see who needs to come off ( I know you can see this from the condition box this is just a little note from the physio)

If players don't want to do this, then the Head physio can control all aspects including making long term injured players slowly build up fitness in the reserves etc.

I like this very much. It strikes me also that there could be a lot more done with physios. Right now what's really the point in carrying more than one physio? It seems the only real benefit to having a top rated physio is getting more accurate info on how injured a player is and how long he'll be out for--but not during a match.

So I would combine CWR's suggestion with another previously mooted suggestion. Physios should give more accurate info during matches as to how injured a player is and if he can carry on or should come off immediately if not sooner--physio ratings could play into this, but it would have to be done carefully. It's rather aggravating to have to haul a player off due to an apparent major injury only to find out after the match that the player is apparently just fine--or, the converse, what appears to be a very minor knock turns out that the player did both hamstrings and three knee ligaments. I understand this might require a change in the mechanic of how a player injury is generated.

Anyway, IMO, if SI were to introduce these suggestions in some form for FM 16 I think they would win a lot of points. And it might go quite some way to reducing the number of injury complaints on these forums!

It would be too late in the day for such a major change like this to find its way into FM16, fingers crossed the player health & fitness sections wil get a major overhaul sooner rather than later, for me it is one of the main weaknesses in the game. Not because there are too many injuries, before anyone tries to suggest that to be the problem.

It would be too late in the day for such a major change like this to find its way into FM16, fingers crossed the player health & fitness sections wil get a major overhaul sooner rather than later, for me it is one of the main weaknesses in the game. Not because there are too many injuries, before anyone tries to suggest that to be the problem.

Oh, I understand--so here's hoping they've already identified this as something to work on and have been!

Include the individuals Nationality and 2nd Nationality where you can see the text "here", for each respective scout.

vqx1g7q.png

Out of interest how & why would that be useful?

In order to increase the clubs respective knowledge of players, users would hire scouts with a good scouting knowledge of multiple countries or hire scouts with good attributes in the following: Judging Player Ability, Judging Player Potential and Adaptability. Scouts that have dual nationality means that there is a high chance of him having knowledge of two countries which increases the clubs level of knowledge of players and as a result gives users the opportunity to search for players with a slightly larger database. More players is always a good idea. :)

Oh and in this instance it would tell me which nation he is originally from so that I could assign him to scout in that region predominately. For example: I tend to use my scouts to scout for players by scouting from region. Some scouts have knowledge of other nations but it is annoying that I have to keep going back to his/her profile to check his nationally. I suppose people that are really advanced in the game and are playing with so many regens may find that frustrating and have to keep going back to check the guys nationality. Furthermore some scouts lose the knowledge of some countries after they have gained full knowledge. So you know, makes life easier.

That's all covered in the list directly below, it's pretty clear which nations a scout has knowledge of.

That's all covered in the list directly below, it's pretty clear which nations a scout has knowledge of.

Apologies. I should perhaps have been more clear with my answer.

Your are indeed correct that it is pretty clear which nation a scout has knowledge of by looking at the box below. However, scouts do tend to lose knowledge of certain countries when they are assigned another task. Additionally, it is safe to assume scouts do NOT lose the scouting knowledge of the countries which they are originally from.

Take the following scenario into consideration.

I have a scout who is Argentinian and has knowledge from a number of regions. However, I do NOT know where he is from when I click add assignment and see his pretty little face beaming up at me. I am able to see the nations this particular scout has knowledge of. I see him losing knowledge of some nations over time. I then decide the best course of action would be to send him scouting to a region where he is originally based. He still has knowledge of some nations like Egypt, Argentina, Italy, Spain, Indonesia. In order to check which Nation he is originally from I have to click on his profile to check. (That is annoying because you have to reselect all the options in the assignment box again). I then decide scouting South America in order to gather knowledge from the area and keep it. This is the most realistic course of action. Especially if you tend to buy scouts who are from many different parts of the world and as a result have different nationalities. Also, something to take into account is the fact that users cannot get rid of all their scouts when they first join a club for a number of reasons. I am sure you know why. However when you have played a number of seasons and scouts start retiring I tend to sign scouts who have different nationalities and send them off scouting to a region from where they are based. In order to do that, I need to check his nationality.

Trust me. It is very useful. But I understand if you don't have similar opinions or maybe I don't know what I am talking about. LOL. It is useful for me. :)

Now I get it & how it would be useful for the way you do things.

Currently you can create the assignment via the scout's profile page, that way before you select the assignments screen you will see their nationality. Not a perfect match for what you've suggested but it's an alternative. You could also give the scout a nickname that refers to their nationality as another workaround.

I'm I alone in thinking maybe it's a good idea to expand the attribute value to 25. Just to give that extra bit of definition in how good players are in areas?

I don't know.. it's a small thing I would like seeing. I need to play FM15 a bit more to think about the bigger stuff.

Bring back the Foward Left and Forward Right roles as they are managers such as Zeman, Bielsa, and Sampaoli using that role. While the Wingers on attacking role comes forward, it does not emulate the runs that the FWL/FWR does when Zeman/Bielsa/Sampaoli uses such...

FIRST (3D Graphic)

The game look boring when all player have similar haircut (look unrealistic), so, I wish the FM2016 have better 3D graphic on 3D match engine such as player haircut (long hair, ponytail, ronaldinho style, etc.), not only 2D graphic such as regen haircut.

SECOND (Animation)

Agility animation. I would like to see a better realistic animation of a player having agility attribute of 20 such as Lionel Messi.

Also, football skill and trick animation such as nutmeg, etc., like ronaldinho and Lionel Messi.

Apologies. I should perhaps have been more clear with my answer.

Your are indeed correct that it is pretty clear which nation a scout has knowledge of by looking at the box below. However, scouts do tend to lose knowledge of certain countries when they are assigned another task. Additionally, it is safe to assume scouts do NOT lose the scouting knowledge of the countries which they are originally from.

Take the following scenario into consideration.

I have a scout who is Argentinian and has knowledge from a number of regions. However, I do NOT know where he is from when I click add assignment and see his pretty little face beaming up at me. I am able to see the nations this particular scout has knowledge of. I see him losing knowledge of some nations over time. I then decide the best course of action would be to send him scouting to a region where he is originally based. He still has knowledge of some nations like Egypt, Argentina, Italy, Spain, Indonesia. In order to check which Nation he is originally from I have to click on his profile to check. (That is annoying because you have to reselect all the options in the assignment box again). I then decide scouting South America in order to gather knowledge from the area and keep it. This is the most realistic course of action. Especially if you tend to buy scouts who are from many different parts of the world and as a result have different nationalities. Also, something to take into account is the fact that users cannot get rid of all their scouts when they first join a club for a number of reasons. I am sure you know why. However when you have played a number of seasons and scouts start retiring I tend to sign scouts who have different nationalities and send them off scouting to a region from where they are based. In order to do that, I need to check his nationality.

Trust me. It is very useful. But I understand if you don't have similar opinions or maybe I don't know what I am talking about. LOL. It is useful for me. :)

Just as an add-on for this, I hope the scouting screen changes for FM16. There are a lot of clicks to set up assignments, and it gets a bit tedious.

Wouldn't it be the same to just make an offer for De Gea and offering Bale as part of the deal?

Not quite, your way would be to trade Bale for De Gea. My suggestion would be to offer Bale to Man Utd for De Gea + cash. Or basically, a better deal for me.

Dont know if its already been mentioned or is already in the game somehow, but a new gameplay idea like: choose your nations but every single player is random generated, and every staff/officials, So that there is no "real" people in the game at all, even a bit more could do a shake up of teams, put teams in random leagues (in their own nations) and things like this, I know you can change all real players names when your setting up but you can tell still who is who...

Not quite, your way would be to trade Bale for De Gea. My suggestion would be to offer Bale to Man Utd for De Gea + cash. Or basically, a better deal for me.

Yeah, I had it backwards. :D

In a previous version of Football Manager (don't know anymore which one), there was the possibility of asking the board for the creation of a 'C' Team (as a spanish club), if there wasn't one already.

Has this feature been removed ?

I do not recall that ever being an option in FM & as it would mean adding a team to the senior league structure after the game has started I doubt it will ever happen, far too much to go wrong for a feature that would only benefit players who spend 20+ years at the same club & also manage in nation that has a B team system.

As far as I can remember, this feature appeared in Football Manager 2008 or 2009, few time after F.C. Barcelona 'C' folded. Playing as Barcelona, you had the possibility to ask for the re-creation of this team.

With the Barcelona 'B' playing in Liga Adelante, it might be interesting to have another reserve team playing in the Segunda B for the development of the youth.

The problem is they could not start in Segunda B, the Spanish data simulates down to the third division so any new team would have to be created in the pool of 5th tier sides & with a low starting rep the chances of them making it to a playable league would be very slim, I'll merge this over to the wishlist thread as any idea deserves to be considered by those making that sort of decision.

I still think that you're getting FM confused with another management game, never seen that option in the game & I've played every FM since the series started with FM05 & go back to CM3 before that

I'll merge this over to the wishlist thread as any idea deserves to be considered by those making that sort of decision.

Thank you.

I still think that you're getting FM confused with another management game

No way I played another management game... Since CM97/98 :)

When searching for scouts on the staff search screen, it really annoys me that I have to constantly check each individuals profile in order to check the persons scouting knowledge (how many countries does the person in question has knowledge of). I would prefer to be able to check staff's scouting knowledge similarly to the way we can quickly check their attributes quickly. Either by having scouting knowledge included in the box below the attributes or by having scouting knowledge added as an option to include in the various columns settings. The way it could work is by having the name "scouting knowledge" and when we scroll to any icon assigned to the scouting knowledge we get a box appearing similarly to the way the "i" (information) acts. Although, I would prefer the scouting knowledge be added just below the attributes.

For example:

I70Ior8.png

Just wanted to give this a little bump. Since the scouting system has changed so it's dependent on what staff you get first and foremost (And I like it a lot) then you need to give us an option to search for scouts that have a knowledge of a certain country or region. For example if you are lacking in African knowledge, a simple search under 'scouting knowledge' would bring up options of nations or perhaps regions, just as it does when you are telling your scouts to jog on somewhere.

So for example;

Staff Role: Scout

Employed: Yes

Scouting Knowledge: Either North Africa, Algeria

Would be perfect for next game. :thup:

"What is your reaction to Manager X highlighting Player Y as the weak link in your side?"

Player X hasnt played for me for 6 months...

the interactions with the press (an ancient player telling you that you need to keep an eye on their best player gets very tedious) coupled with the "weak link" story make the PR side of the game very poor imo

In relation to scouting, one thing I would like to see implemented would be the ability to scout by local region. This could be particularly useful for clubs in Spain, Italy and Brazil or Sweden, where there are many playable regional leagues and where nationwide scouting would be unrealistic at that level. I know that FM only scouts players within a certain radius of a semi-pro or amateur club, but where the club is near an international border, this means that players from just across the border can't be scouted until the club grows, whereas the club can scout much further away into its own country. Furthermore, the local regions could also be given transfer preferences as nations are at the moment, in order to regulate the flow of players between local regions even better.

Another thing that would be great would be a stadium type consisting of an enclosed park without any stand or terrace for very small clubs where a terrace would be unrealistic.

I think the game needs more visual representation with press conferences. The press conferences are boring. A 3D MOTD team interviewing you after the match would be cool but that's too much I guess.

I completely agree with the assertion that the respected developers should consider working on providing a visual representation of pre match press conferences and post match press conferences.

I would like to see SI providing a new feature in which users are able to customize the appearance of their managers. A character creation model, in which users are able to assign different voices to their managers as well as other features. It would be interesting to actually see a manager angrily leave a press conference or speak aggressively. In regards to the character creation module, I understand that it may be an unrealistic objective but I have complete confidence in your abilities :D. Furthermore, I would like to see more dialogue between the journalist and the manager in which they have a real discussion about tactics, individual players, team performance etc. At the moment a single journalist asks a question and you answer their question through the options provided and then you proceed to the next question. Moreover, I want journalists to be able to showcase their personality traits and as a result be able to be banned from attending future press conferences if he annoys me with his questions.

Also, currently, their is a question posed in the press conferences where apparently the opposing manager has said that a specific player is the weak link in your squad. I want to be able to defend the player and highlight the important role he has to play in the first team squad. This could cause the player to react positively and get pumped up for the game against the opposing team. For example: opposing managers were saying Hernanes is the weak link in my Inter Milan squad. In my opinion he has scored very important goals as well as contribute positively to the team. The only reasonable response to that question is He's entitled to his opinion but I am not commenting on it. Some times when Ai managers single out a player most of the time the player reacts negatively and it impacts his performance and vice versa. I just want to be able to counter such instances by questioning the opposing manager and or highlighting the players recent form. Also, this question should either be removed from the interaction module or it should be toned down a lot more. In real life you hardly hear journalist asking such questions and managers replying to such questions. Perhaps the question could be rewritten to something like: player x is in poor form and has made some sort of errors, will you be looking to exploit that tactically?

Furthermore, I think pundits should be added to the game. It would be interesting to see how the pundits analyse your team shape, style and individual performances. It would provide more information for users and give the people a different perspective.

End of season sackings not all happen on the same day.

6 Premiership managers (including Utd who finished 2nd) have been sacked on the same day (the day after the season finished)

Not exactly realistic

Fickle fans who moan if you don't adopt certain club ideology. Like your rating goes down if you make Paul Ince a coach at West Ham even if they win the league using long ball.